• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2015 Car Rental Watch

@archdandy.....Alamo pick up was a breeze. After grabbing our luggage, we wenst straight to the garage and an Alamo CSR walked over and directed us to the standard/full size aisle (for those wondering, its still the same as before....those two aisles are not separate, so if you rent a standard you will have full size vehicles also from which to choose). DH picked a Ford Fusion and we were on our way to the gate in a flash. Absolutely as easy as they claim.

@archdandy.....Alamo pick up was a breeze. After grabbing our luggage, we wenst straight to the garage and an Alamo CSR walked over and directed us to the standard/full size aisle (for those wondering, its still the same as before....those two aisles are not separate, so if you rent a standard you will have full size vehicles also from which to choose). DH picked a Ford Fusion and we were on our way to the gate in a flash. Absolutely as easy as they claim.

Yep the exact same experience last month for us, heck even the same car. Just FYI for those always hoping for something bigger in the aisle. Our standard/full size aisle had only those models. Nothing bigger.

10/2-10/9. Little bumps..... flight was delayed an hour so landed at 10: PM instead of 9 PM, Sanford. Dollar/Thrifty was a long counter line two people only working, no direct to garage pickup as it was at MCO. Alamo had no line, but longer walk across the sidewalk to their building.

I had two ressies, one at Dollar for Malibu $179 and SUV $231 total.
The second a minivan at Alamo $237. I left the long line at Dollar/Thrifty and walked the long path to Alamo
Alamo was fantastic, the fella fulfilled my request for a SUV instead of minivan and took the extra day off I didn't need plus reduced to $189 total.

We ended up with an Alamo Chev Equinox, great three row, handled beautiful. We didn't need the space but for $10 more then the Malibu at Thrifty, I was very pleased.
I used the last minute special deals Tab, added the Visa code for $30 off, they never asked for my card. Mike was the agent and was WONDERFUL.

We were exhausted from the travel delay, the huge line at Dollar, but the service at Alamo, their accommodating the change to SUV and reducing of the price lower then the ressi, I was very, very happy.
Pays to keep watching rates and check those last minute rates and all the codes as Costco, AAA, Visa and even without out codes.

Last edited:
Yep the exact same experience last month for us, heck even the same car. Just FYI for those always hoping for something bigger in the aisle. Our standard/full size aisle had only those models. Nothing bigger.

Yup, same for us. No vans/SUVs....but a decent selection of cars from which to pick. We saw at least one of the following models on standard/full aisle:

Fusion, Jetta, Passat, Impala, 200, Altima, Malibu, Camry, a Kia (Sorento maybe?)

WOW! We are leaving Fri 10/16 and car rentals for Tampa (TPA) are STILL outrageous! Full size around $500 and minivans $1400-1700! This is WITH Costco codes, coupons, etc! ALL rental companies have very high rental rates. Rates at Tampa usually drop late, but this is bad!! What is going on?? Thank God I booked a reservation months ago for Alamo full size $280 and minivan $360 (10 day rental), which the most I have ever paid for our yearly October trip to Disney.

WOW! We are leaving Fri 10/16 and car rentals for Tampa (TPA) are STILL outrageous! Full size around $500 and minivans $1400-1700! This is WITH Costco codes, coupons, etc! ALL rental companies have very high rental rates. Rates at Tampa usually drop late, but this is bad!! What is going on?? Thank God I booked a reservation months ago for Alamo full size $280 and minivan $360 (10 day rental), which the most I have ever paid for our yearly October trip to Disney.

Check Dollar for city specials. The have full size card for you date for $231 ($341 with taxes). You can also prepay and save another 25%.

Check Dollar for city specials. The have full size card for you date for $231 ($341 with taxes). You can also prepay and save another 25%.

The Dollar rates I'm seeing is still more than her Alamo reservation for $280, which I assume is the all-in price she's quoting. Fullsize is pricing out to $312...that's even with prepaying.

The Dollar rates I'm seeing is still more than her Alamo reservation for $280, which I assume is the all-in price she's quoting. Fullsize is pricing out to $312...that's even with prepaying.

Thanks! My Alamo reservation is for $276 full size 10 days including taxes/fees. Dollar has a compact/low&go for $189 pay in advance, but the car is too small for our needs. Dollar full size is $440! We also need the 2nd driver, which Alamo Costco code allows.

Alamo at TPA is not even allowing coupons!! Maybe there is something going on in Tampa?!?
I'd be freaking out if I saw these rates and didn't already have a reservation! God help anyone who NEEDS a minivan at $1500+! I looked at Alamo at the Tampa Westin - prices have been lower, but my current reservation is still better (and less hassle)!

Last edited:
Thanks! My Alamo reservation is for $276 full size 10 days including taxes/fees. Dollar has a compact/low&go for $189 pay in advance, but the car is too small for our needs. Dollar full size is $440! We also need the 2nd driver, which Alamo Costco code allows.

Alamo at TPA is not even allowing coupons!! Maybe there is something going on in Tampa?!?
I'd be freaking out if I saw these rates and didn't already have a reservation! God help anyone who NEEDS a minivan at $1500+! I looked at Alamo at the Tampa Westin - prices have been lower, but my current reservation is still better (and less hassle)!

What do you mean "not allowing coupons"? If it is a valid company coupon surely they would accept it?

What do you mean "not allowing coupons"? If it is a valid company coupon surely they would accept it?

Coupon's are capacity controlled. When a station reaches the limit for the amount of cars that can be reserved using the coupon, it no longer accepts it on new bookings.

The high prices and coupon blackout means Tampa is experiencing high rental during mieuxmew trip.

11 day rental starting 10/29
Had an Intermediate with Enterprise for $408 with tax included. I just got a Full-Size from Alamo for $316 with tax included.

I got the rates through Costco Travel.

Just checked Costco and got the same for $296. I have been checking daily. Sometime up and today was down.

Thanks for letting us know Gina! It makes me feel a little better about getting our car on Sunday.

So are people using the Vegas Brazil code successfully? I haven't read anything about it being questioned or denied at the counter.....?

Anyone having issues with Alamo site. I want to see if my rates dropped, and the entire page wont load. I have tried two different computers and two different browsers??:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter