• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2015 Car Rental Watch

The Sunpass website actually has a helpful list of charges from each rental company:
https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

My question - will you be charged the daily fee for the entirety of the rental? The way this reads, it's per 24 hour day of toll use.

Still no movement for my dates. Not so much as a penny :confused:. We arrive exactly one month from today, so we're gettin' down to crunch time.

Someone wake me up when its time to leave!

MeMe! I'll wake you Gina! Yeah, I am relatively happy with my rate. If it does not go down any more, then so be it. But, so far, it's almost double what I reserved months ago. The only think I can think of is demand is heavy enough that there's no need to lower prices closer, unless alot cancel their reservations. On another thread, it's said that WDW resorts are full the week-end we arrive. Only saving grace for me, touringplans says the parks at USO will be around a level 4 out of 10. Hoping our parties at WDW will not be that crowded.

But, always the optimist, I will keep checking until the day I leave.

The Sunpass website actually has a helpful list of charges from each rental company:
https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

My question - will you be charged the daily fee for the entirety of the rental? The way this reads, it's per 24 hour day of toll use.

This was my question too and i mailed Alamo about this and this is there reply:

My name is Sean and thank you for contacting Alamo. We do have our TollPass option if you are concerned about tolls. The TollPass Convenience Charge is a $3.95 charge for each day you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.

You can request the toll pass upon pick up.

If there is anything else I can assist you with Ron please let me know.

Kind regards,
Sean Childs
Customer Care
Alamo

I can't see where that much in tolls a day is run-up unless maybe going to the port. We went back to Sanford on I-4 and don't remember any significant, if any tolls on the ride. On 417 there were tolls.

Yes, if you take the 417 from MCO right into the Disney area I believe it's 4 tolls one way. The 528 is just the two. Driving to Cocoa Beach was at least 4-5 one way.

I guess it depends where you exit. I think MCO to Exit 6 Disney was only 2 tolls and both were manned booths.

Just booked Alamo using my Costco ID. October 24-November 4, pick up/drop off at MCO $260 total (economy class). Not great, but not bad for a 12 day reservation.

Are CDN Costco members allowed to book via US Costco site? In general, how many weeks in advance is the best time to book a car rental? I'll be travelling to MCO last week of Oct.

Thanks

a) Simply go to the car rental agency website and input the respective costco contract id in the field. You don't necessarily have to book through costco. I believe anyone can use the US costco site.

b) As much weeks as possible. Just make sure its not a prepaid rental and you can rebook as much as you want when the price drops.

Are CDN Costco members allowed to book via US Costco site? In general, how many weeks in advance is the best time to book a car rental? I'll be travelling to MCO last week of Oct.

Thanks
As a Canadian Costco member, we cannot book on the Costcotravel.com site since you are required to enter a US address to complete the reservation.
You can however, take the info listed on that site (Costco ID and any discount codes) to book directly on the rental car company's website (Alamo.com,Budget.com, Avis.com, Enterprise.com)

Hotdog!
I just saw a code for Dollar on MouseSavers dot com for an SUV code standard and intermediate
  • New!Use promo code FIX09 at Dollar to get a Midsize SUV for $24.99/weekend day or $138.99/week or a Standard SUV for $29.99/weekend day or $149.99/week. Offer available for pickups through 10/31/15 at participating US locations.

• The code is in the specials at the top of the page.
My total came to $232.72 for eight days CRV! Sanford, airport.
A second one was for a week and two hours returning the night be fore for $231. Equinox

Last edited:
Alamo rates are down a bit this morning (still not as low as the reservation I'm holding from June, but lower than they have been over the last several weeks).

A standard for 8 days is showing this morning at $196 taxes & fees included. It has been $223 for the last week or so.

$161 is still my number to beat!

Hotdog!
I just saw a code for Dollar on MouseSavers dot com for an SUV code standard and intermediate
  • New!Use promo code FIX09 at Dollar to get a Midsize SUV for $24.99/weekend day or $138.99/week or a Standard SUV for $29.99/weekend day or $149.99/week. Offer available for pickups through 10/31/15 at participating US locations.

• The code is in the specials at the top of the page.
My total came to $232.72 for eight days CRV! Sanford, airport.
A second one was for a week and two hours returning the night be fore for $231. Equinox

Awesome price! :banana:

I tried the code for my dates with pick up and drop off at MCO. Its coming up with $199 a week for the midsize SUV and $219 a week for the standard, with the following message in red: "The Promotion code you have entered has changed. For this reservation the promotion will apply going forward, as long as your rental meets the rules of the promotion. (Comments Validation 1282)"

I am glad you got a great SUV rate, though! :thumbsup2 So comfy to have a larger vehicle!!

Dollar City Specials are down today. Booked a full size for Oct3-8 for $129 total

Awesome price! :banana:

I tried the code for my dates with pick up and drop off at MCO. Its coming up with $199 a week for the midsize SUV and $219 a week for the standard, with the following message in red: "The Promotion code you have entered has changed. For this reservation the promotion will apply going forward, as long as your rental meets the rules of the promotion. (Comments Validation 1282)"

I am glad you got a great SUV rate, though! :thumbsup2 So comfy to have a larger vehicle!!

Try using the link on the tab that says "specials" from that link it went through last night for my son.

I couldn't get it to go through and it said from Sept 8 to October 31, so I called customer service and they applied it. I was super happy. I had her email me the confirmation. It is $50 more then the Full size, but still better then the minivan price. Agree, the extra room is so nice. Now to figure out how to get to the airport from home in a VW Passat, four of us.

These are the newest from Mousesavers.com
  • New!Use promo code EDSO1 at Dollar to get 10% off weekend rentals of an Economy through Premium car. Offer available for pickups through 1/31/16 at participating US locations.
  • Use promo code SO10E at Dollar to get 10% off weekend rentals of an Economy through Premium car. Offer available for pickups through 1/31/16 at participating US locations.
  • Use promo code SO15K at Dollar to get 15% off weekly rentals. Offer available for pickups through 1/31/16 at participating US locations.
  • Use promo code 76892 at Dollar to get up to 10% off your rental of any vehicle. Offer available at participating US locations..
  • Use Corporate Discount code oi1054 for a special discount from Dollar. Good in Florida only. Source: Orlando Magicard. Just in case, we recommend taking a Magicard with you when you pick up the car.Click here to download a FREE Orlando Magicard instantly online.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter