• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013 Code Watch?!

I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers :)

I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers :)

That would be great! We are going in 12 days and someone told me that you only get bouncebacks for the current year!!!

Well, we are officially going to be watching this thread. We just canceled our upcoming trip to Disney for this Oct. 2012 due to family illness. Sigh! Everything was paid for and we had recieved a free dining pin back in Jan. to use anytime in 2012, so we had made plans for mid October when the kids are on Fall Break. I'm glad we were planning on surprising the kids, so now it's only my dh and I suffering from disappointment. I guess the good part is, that I had started planning this trip last August and the time has flown, so hopefully it will this time too! Also, we are putting the vacation money aside, and if we're able to add to it, might try to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe hotel. As long as we get to go in Oct 2013, is all that I'm shooting for right now! So hopefully Disney will release some great pin codes for 2013!:0)

We just booked today for a stay at the Poly from Oct 14-19th :)

I'm already so excited I can't stand it!

I haven't been to DW since 1992 and no one else in my family has been. We're traveling with friends who have never been either. Can't wait!

we, too, are planning for Oct 2013 (either week of 10/21 or 10/28) but want to stay in the villas. when I checked the other day there were no 2-bdrm villas available - when did you book? (I realize you are staying at the Lodge) we are 3 families going:woohoo:

I'm not booking until after Labor Day but I'll be there 10/30-11/6 (or 11/9 if I can convince everyone :thumbsup2) I may end up doing a split stay with the last 3-4 nights at WL and the first part at AoA or ASMu. Food &Wine is part of the reason for the trip, so I think I'm going to get Deluxe Dining with the Value room stay and QS dining for the WL part. Also keeping an eye out for free dining because I've never had a trip with free dining and it would be so helpful for F&W :D If we get free dining, it may be the deciding factor for the whole trip at WL :cheer2:

That would be great! We are going in 12 days and someone told me that you only get bouncebacks for the current year!!!
Nope, the bouncebacks we've gotten in the past are for as much as a full year in advance. So it's not just for the current year :)

Well, we are officially going to be watching this thread. We just canceled our upcoming trip to Disney for this Oct. 2012 due to family illness. :0)
I hope so too....I hate that you had to cancel your trip so close to the travel date. We had to do that once too, we just told them to reschedule the trip for the following year, that way the money would still be on the reservation and we wouldn't lose any deposits...etc as we rebooked within our 45 day window. I hope you get some great discounts for 2013 and you can start planning that next trip soon :)

We just booked today for a stay at the Poly from Oct 14-19th :)

Wow, since 1992......well congrats on scheduling another trip!!! I know you'll have a blast and staying at the Poly....that's nice!

I am hoping for free dining sometime between October 21st and 28th! We are going to celebrate my daughter's 4th Birthday.

We're currently booked at POR - WV room only AAA discount for October 18-27, taken advantage of a small school break Oct 17-18 (DS would miss 1 full week of 2nd grade :guilty:). We'll be keeping an eye out for FD deals next July - looks like that's when it came out for this October.

We're debating on whether or not to cancel the res and:
- just book the week prior (during Columbus Day weekend) where DS would only miss 4 days - but we might miss out on FD looking at 2012
- keep as-is (possible Gartner convention week?), or,
- book for the following August 2014 before school starts back up.

Decisions, decisions... :faint:

We'll know more when it comes time to book our flights next year. I would love to go to MNSSHP. I haven't been there since '95 when I was a CPCM.

We're currently booked at POR - WV room only AAA discount for October 18-27, taken advantage of a small school break Oct 17-18 (DS would miss 1 full week of 2nd grade :guilty:).
We're debating on whether or not to cancel the res and:
- just book the week prior (during Columbus Day weekend) where DS would only miss 4 days - but we might miss out on FD looking at 2012

Kind of depends on how your school system deals with absenteeism? I know when my kids were in public school they got written up after 3 unexcused days and vacations were under that category. After 7 they got a letter from the truancy officer! With normal sickness, doctors/dentist appointments it was just too risky to take them out for vacation too.

I would book a different week, OR you could always shorten the trip a bit to lessen the days he'd miss.

Like you said, you'll know more when the flight prices come out....I hope you figure out something that works around his schedule and still gets you the vacation you are dreaming of :)

I did a little spreadsheet on historical free dining, trying to decide when we wanted to go because we need FD to make it affordable. We are checking in on a Sunday, so that is why I used all Sundays in my data.

Year 1st Sunday in Oct 3rd Sunday in Oct 4th Sunday in Oct
2009 Oct 4, 2009- yes Oct 18, 2009- yes Oct 25, 2009- yes
2010 Oct 3, 2010- yes Oct 17, 2010- no Oct 24, 2010- yes
2011 Oct 2, 2011- yes Oct 16, 2011- no Oct 23, 2011- yes
2012 Oct 7, 2012- no Oct 21, 2012- yes Oct 28, 2012- yes

The third Sunday was always blacked out, if I was reading it right, so I didn't even include it. And the yes/no was if it was offered on that day.

If I have anything wrong, someone please feel free to correct me. I went by other posts I found on the Disboards and by googling.

I did a little spreadsheet on historical free dining, trying to decide when we wanted to go because we need FD to make it affordable.

Awesome work.....for future reference you can always scroll on the charts that Mousesavers has put together with past free dining information :)

Mousesavers

Although you do have to scroll through other discounts to get to the free dining one and it can be a bit overwhelming trying to find all those free dining dates if they've released it more than once per year :)

I was really hoping for a bounceback offer on our upcoming trip but the current BB is for next August-September. Free dining or a room discount would be nice.

If you book now for October 2013 and a discount comes out later, will Disney apply the discount to your reservation?

We are booked at POR from 10/18 - 10/25 to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. Hoping FD or room discount comes out as we may switch to AKL.

I think we're going to wait to book October until our 2012 October trip. That way if there is a bounceback we can just book that. We can't book an October 2013 vacation now and then if a bounceback is in our room this October can we call and add it? I didn't think we could so we figured we'd wait :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter