October 2012 Code Watch!!!

So I called and of course no PIN for us but I was able to apply a AAA discount to my existing reservation and saved appx $250. Funny thing is when I booked the POFQ back in early January I was told there wasnt any rooms available with the AAA but now there is.

Fingers crossed for the 40% off deluxe that comes out the middle of July but if it doesnt then we are very happy with what we have.

I wonder why she was "strongly advising" that you not book with AAA. That seems a bit ridiculous since you can always revise your reservations. And worst case, you can cancel and rebook. Weird!

I'm not sure if they can foresee that you're going to get a PIN. But I think they do have some indication of a public offer coming out.

FWIW, I have received email pins for WDW and Disneyland this week and a snail mail pin today. But they are all for summer dates. The WDW email was only 10%! The snail mail had a pin but sounded like the two current public offers. We are going regardless but some savings better than just AAA would be sweet!

So I see a Disney Destinations email in my inbox...and get really excited when I see it has the word "dining" in it. But, then I see that it's just the public Free Dining Offer through 9/29...not a PIN. Ughh! Still, I guess I'm on their radar somehow, so that's good. Really could use Free Dining for October since 3 of the 4 kids are considered "adults" by Disney.:) I did get one a few years ago for the same time...it came in July, which seems like a really long time to wait right now!

I just got a second offer for October. I received a 10% pin back in Jan, and I received a Move Ahead offer 3/19. At first glance, I almost tossed this offer, because I thought it was a marketing ploy where the offer was the same price as rack rate. (The pricing listed looks like rack rates, but yet it says it's around a 17% discount.) I decided to go to the web-link they printed and entered the pin they said to enter. The quote I got going through this was significantly less than the nightly rates printed on my mailing and did equate to around a 17% discount from the rack room rates.

Received the "Stay! Play! Dine!" PIN today in the mail!! :cool1:

I tried to go online to check dates but their system is messed up.

I just gave up my 20% off code this morning. I saw where the new Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms will be open for our dates. I am only saving $200 with the room only code, so I decided that it was worth the $200 to stay there. I am still hoping for free dining and if it is released, I will change back to another value if the Art of Animation isn't included in that deal.

What's the stay play dine pin?

It means that the PIN is only good for a package that includes dining.

(I'm assuming you aren't asking what the PIN itself is as we can't share PIN codes on the boards, and even if we could, a PIN is only valid for the person who receives it.)

It means that the PIN is only good for a package that includes dining.

(I'm assuming you aren't asking what the PIN itself is as we can't share PIN codes on the boards, and even if we could, a PIN is only valid for the person who receives it.)

Yep! That's exactly what I was asking! I know pins are only attached to your name. Thanks for your info!

So I see a Disney Destinations email in my inbox...and get really excited when I see it has the word "dining" in it. But, then I see that it's just the public Free Dining Offer through 9/29...not a PIN. Ughh! Still, I guess I'm on their radar somehow, so that's good. Really could use Free Dining for October since 3 of the 4 kids are considered "adults" by Disney.:) I did get one a few years ago for the same time...it came in July, which seems like a really long time to wait right now!

I got the same email! I was so excited and let down all in a matter of minutes :) It's a little slow to be sending that, right??? Maybe they are testing us :)

but it's for the same offer that I already received and booked. :headache: Really was hoping for free dining or for 30% off, not that I'm not happy about saving 16%. I just always want more!! :rotfl2:

I called yesterday to see if I could apply the AAA discount at our resort - POR-FQ 10/19 through 10/27 - and the CM said yes. It ended up being for 10%. Something is better than nothing. :thumbsup2

I need to look up something because she said using the AAA moved us up to a Garden View room. :confused3 She made it sound like that was a really big deal.

ANOTHER "Play in the Magic" PIN came today. Three PINs for the same promotion that I've already booked?!? :sad2: C'mon, Disney, gimmee free dining or 30% off please. I keep getting all excited for nothin'!

ANOTHER "Play in the Magic" PIN came today. Three PINs for the same promotion that I've already booked?!? :sad2: C'mon, Disney, gimmee free dining or 30% off please. I keep getting all excited for nothin'!

I just wanna know how the heck you get so many PINS?! I've tried it all!

I just wanna know how the heck you get so many PINS?! I've tried it all!

I have no idea. This is the first time I've ever gotten any PINs. :confused3 Just like always, I got the Disney planning DVD and saved a couple of sample trips on the WDW site, both with and without hoppers and with and without dining. The first mailing I got had no PIN but noted value rooms for $100 night, etc. The second, third and fourth have all been for the "Play in the Magic" - each PIN is unique though - where you get the Park Hoppers and Water Park Fun & More tickets for the price of the base ticket. I went ahead and booked after receiving the first one since it came out cheaper than the AAA rate with Hoppers which is what we were wanting by about $178.

I have no idea. This is the first time I've ever gotten any PINs. :confused3 Just like always, I got the Disney planning DVD and saved a couple of sample trips on the WDW site, both with and without hoppers and with and without dining. The first mailing I got had no PIN but noted value rooms for $100 night, etc. The second, third and fourth have all been for the "Play in the Magic" - each PIN is unique though - where you get the Park Hoppers and Water Park Fun & More tickets for the price of the base ticket. I went ahead and booked after receiving the first one since it came out cheaper than the AAA rate with Hoppers which is what we were wanting by about $178.

Well good for you! Saving money makes the trips that much better! I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens. Thanks for the reply!

First year I haven't received a PIN or some kind of discount....having a little bit of sticker shock! Always checking :surfweb: for a discount!

The October calendar should be coming out in the next week! I am close to ADR time & need to review the calendar b4 making our ADRs. We are also booking some events we've never done b4. Super excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter