October 20, 2012, Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean-Who's with us?

Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)

• Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy

• Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are having an issue redeeming our 25% discount and were wondering if someone out there knew more about it.
We tried to book a DVC week at WDW for May using the discount, but were told we can't because we didn't book the Fantasy hurricane Sandy cruise with our points.

I thought the discount could only be used on future cruises. Are yo saying we could use the 25% discount on disney hotels??:confused3 I sure would be happy with that. We are not sure we will sail with Disney again, so would like to be able to use it for disney hotels.:)

I thought the discount could only be used on future cruises. Are yo saying we could use the 25% discount on disney hotels??:confused3 I sure would be happy with that. We are not sure we will sail with Disney again, so would like to be able to use it for disney hotels.:)

The letter we were given said the discount is for a future cruise OR stay at WDW though we haven't booked anything yet. We had two state rooms (DH and I in one and DD/DSIL and DGK's in the other) and we're looking at DCL Alaskan cruises in 2014.

We also haven't tried to book anything although we did book a dummy date before the Sandy experience and discount offer. The letter said nothing avout DVC points one way or another but it doesn't surprise me that they would say that considering that DCL and DVC are 2 separate companies. We had trouble using points for this last cruise - when we went to do it we were told there was no more allotment of points availablefor the cruise. Sounds like a similar thing. Good luck. I'd keep trying and talk to someone higher up on the pole. Please keep us informed.

N

daedsgran said:
We are having an issue redeeming our 25% discount and were wondering if someone out there knew more about it.
We tried to book a DVC week at WDW for May using the discount, but were told we can't because we didn't book the Fantasy hurricane Sandy cruise with our points.

I would call back and get a different agent. I called DVC asking about the discount, and they offered me 25% off of the point price for a cruise I was pricing out.
It does also depend on the cruise and how many DVC rooms have been sold on it. It's not really how many points have been used on the cruise you're looking at, it's more about how many rooms per cruise are allowed to be booked on points VS cash. I couldn't take a Sept cruise this year because all cruises in Sept had reached their capacity of DVC rooms by the time I called..... And that was back in January. So plan early if you want to use points for your cruise. Hope this helps.

We didn't book using DVC but we just booked a 7 night eastern with the 25% discount applied to it about a week or so ago.

Took the DCL person a bit to figure out how to apply the discount but they eventually got it figured out.

Ok, we've finally gotten the answers we were looking for regarding our using the 25% for booking using DVC points. It worked! It took 45 minutes on the phone and a great deal of patience on my husband's part, but they were able to do it. They figured what 25% would be, banked that amount into our account, then took the full total of points out. Odd, but it worked.
We're happy. Hope this helps someone else.

..... It worked! .... We're happy.....

We are excited for you all. Glad you got them to work it out.

We are still unsure which company to book for future sailing. :eek:
Even with the 25%, it basically just puts DCL in line with the rest.
So .....

I want NCL Breakaway to BDA, wife and kids want DCL Fantasy western.
Time will tell. :confused3

Oh, I was ready to book 10/20 DD on Magic. They all said no way. :confused3 They think that date will give them another super storm.:lmao:
I can respect that. Plus it was only a 5 day. So ....

Oh, I was ready to book 10/20 DD on Magic. They all said no way. :confused3 They think that date will give them another super storm.:lmao:
I can respect that. Plus it was only a 5 day. So ....

I wish they would do a DD one on the fantasy or dream occasionally as I would definitely have booked that :)

We ended up with another 7night Eastern but on the upside my family is joining us so it should be a fun trip as my mom is the one who got me hooked on Disney haha

Hi - I had hoped to avoid doing this on the Disboards, but, my emails and FB messages have gone unanswered. There are still several people that have not paid me for the shirts we had printed for the Oct 20, 2012 cruise. I understand that the holidays came upon us and things may have been overlooked, but, it is now February. I would appreciate the courtesy of an email or responding to my FB message and letting me know about payment. For those of you who sent a payment when the shirts were shipped and for those who got with me after the cruise - Thank you. I hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance, Carrie

This is disappointing to hear.
I suppose you won't be doing shirts again.
You got my $ , yes?

I would tell folks they have one week to pay or you will post their user name(s).

I really appreciated your assistance with the shirts.
Tell me what the unpaid balance is, and I will help pay. :)

Hi Carrie
I can't believe you haven't received all your money for the T- shirts.
It's hard to believe some people would stoop that low. You put a lot of money and time on it.
Hope you guys are doing well

Bear3412 said:
This is disappointing to hear.
I suppose you won't be doing shirts again.
You got my $ , yes?

I would tell folks they have one week to pay or you will post their user name(s).

I really appreciated your assistance with the shirts.
Tell me what the unpaid balance is, and I will help pay. :)

Yes sir ...thank you!!!!

Shopping --- NOOOO! We wait till Dec. 22 to shop. :lmao:

Just noticed a $72.00 refund on my Amex from DCL, posted 10/30. Are there port charges for CC? This must be what this credit is for.

Did everyone get this refund?? I didnt see it on my credit card statement when I went back to look.:sad2:

Did everyone get this refund?? I didnt see it on my credit card statement when I went back to look.:sad2:

We booked with points for this cruise and Disney sent us 2 $20 gift cards a couple weeks ago saying it was a refund for the missed Bahamas port (Castaway). I think the letter said the actual port charge was about $18.

dta87 said:
We booked with points for this cruise and Disney sent us 2 $20 gift cards a couple weeks ago saying it was a refund for the missed Bahamas port (Castaway). I think the letter said the actual port charge was about $18.

Same here.... There were 4 of us on part points and part cash, so we got $80 in Disney Gift cards....I'm happy with that. Buying myself another suitcase during F&F with 25% OFF.

We never received a refund. We booked through a travel agent. I wonder if I should contact her?

I did call our travel agent this past week and they contacted Disney. I was told to send an email to : dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

I did receive an email back yesterday stating that everyone should get $18/PP back for castaway a should see a refund shortly on our credit card. They apologized, and I am a very satisfied customer!

So I suggest you also contact that email address, and I had given them our booking number to reference.

Good luck!

I did call our travel agent this past week and they contacted Disney. I was told to send an email to : dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

I did receive an email back yesterday stating that everyone should get $18/PP back for castaway a should see a refund shortly on our credit card. They apologized, and I am a very satisfied customer!

So I suggest you also contact that email address, and I had given them our booking number to reference.

Good luck!

:thumbsup2
Thank you for posting this. I contacted our travel agent but I haven't heard back from her. I will send an email this afternoon to the address you posted!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter