October 19th Cruisers again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought an elliptical trainer. I need to do weight bearing exercises for my osteopeni and also for weight loss. I hope and pray that I stick with it. Ted needs to do something as well. We pretty much knew that we wouldn't get off our "duff" to go to a gym so hopefully staying at home watching the big screen tv will entice us to exercise. Now all I need to do is figure out how to run the tv with all the surround sound receivers etc. LOL

Wow, everyone must be busy. Headed to Stacey's for Christmas Eve. Went to the Doctor today. I have some sort of a rash that will take 5 to 6 weeks to clear up. My, my, I will be a pretty one in Cozumel.

I haven't had time to read much but will catch up later, just wanted to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope Santa brings you everythign you want.

I am back. I tried to get on Sunday morning, but I had no luck.

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!

Sandy: I sent Darren a Christmas card and told him to come back to the DIS. I keep getting e-mails from him to come join some other website. I hope the trainer works for you.

I need to look the the 2009 cruises. I haven't had a chance yet.

The bug got me and I had practically no voice the last 2 days. I am also stuffy.

We had a nice Christmas at my parents. Kaleigh got a sled. She can't wait to use it, but we have no snow, it all melted. Jerry worked from home yesterday and then we went to church. It was soooooo crowded. Then we came home and watched the Polar Express. Then Kaleigh went to bed. I have never seen her so excited to go to bed! :rotfl2: Now we are waiting for her to get up, usually around 7 AM.

We have Christmas at Jerry's brother's today. Tomorrow is shopping. I have my list, I just need to know what time the stores open. Jerry is working from home again tomorrow. I work on Friday.

Barb: I am glad things are getting back to normal at church. I am not a fan of big churches. The one we go to now is pretty small. What a shame about your lights. I hope the judges came by while you still had power. I hope you get it fixed.

Happy birthday 1 day late Garry! :cake: :cake:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Well We are still in Colorado United cancelled our 6:30 pm flight today because the crew had to many flight hours. No notification. I think we have it all worked out. We leave tomorrow at 8:30.

In case I don't get another chance MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Poor poor Barb. I can't believe that they cancelled on you for the crew having too many hours. I thought for sure you were cancelled for the weather. I hope it all works out for you Barb and you get out EARLY tomorrow. I am worried about you and the roads. Are you staying in Denver?

So much for a slight dusting of snow. Ten to twelve inches later and it is still snowing. We opened presents with Heidi and Chris this morning, had breakfast together and headed out for the movie. They are dog sitting for my brother so the guys have been busy shoveling snow at all three houses, morning, afternoon and now night. We had dinner at our favorite restaurant, Armadillo.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, GARRY !

Thinking of all of you. Merry Christmas.

Just got a phone message from LA Weight Loss. I was in a drawing last week for losing 2 lbs and showing up for 3 days. I won the grand prize of 200.00 in store credit. Wow. I feel so guilty as I have absolutely NO plans on going in this week. Those two pounds???? Ummmm, I went up the two plus, I am sure.

I hope Barb made it out okay. Suppose to get another snow storm tonight.

I am also feeling under the weather so looks like I will be home all weekend.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Congrats on your win mom, that is so cool!!!! That is quite a bit of $$$ to spend there.

Thanks Heidi. I am sure wondering about Barb, too. The news said that 50% of United flights were cancelled. It all relates to the storm back east last week. They said that they are handing out discount hotel coupons. That just doesn't seem right. Not only did Barb lose out on one night at Disney and had to pay for it, more than likely she had to pay for a hotel in Denver. If I were her, I would not have driven in a storm like this back to the Spgs and then to Denver early AM.

Looks like more snow today. I think we have about 4 inches already and it looks like we could get 4 more. Today my cold has seemed to have gotten worse. My sister and her family have it too but they are doing better. I am guessing Barb made it out, but I heard United had more problems yesterday and today so hopefully they made it out.

Good Morning! Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Garry. He had a nice birthday.

We had a very nice Christmas despite the green Christmas. It has been 3 yrs since we have had a white christmas. Oh well, what can you do about that. Maybe we should go to CO for Christmas.

Sorry I have been MIA lately. It's just been crazy around here, but what else is new. Garry is still having an "interesting" time at work. Hopefully he will get some word aobut the whole "thing" soon.

I hope Barb made it to Disney! They would have me kicking and screaming if I couldn't get there. I would have tried other airlines until someone got me there. It's one thing to cancel a flight, but to DISNEY.... what were they thinking! LOL!!!!

Heidi, how are you feeling? I hope you are getting better.

Sandy, congrats on the $200 from LA. Garry and I are thinking about getting an elliptical trainer since Garry's back can't take it anymore when he runs on the treadmill. We have a exercise bike, but Garry doesn't like it and it takes twice as long to burn the cals. then it did when he ran. SO....... who knows what we are going to do. Let me know how you guys like it.

Glad to see everyone had a nice Christmas. We have no plans for New Years. We usually stay home and watch movies and eat our tradition of Fried Chicken and watch the ball drop.

Well gonna go. I'll be back.

TTFN

Good morning.

Julie - glad Garry had a nice birthday and you had a good Christmas. Chris and I don't have any plans for New Year's either. Probably just go out to dinner.

Mom - call me if you want to get out, I have cabin fever and want to get out for the morning.

Sorry Julie that I didn't respond to you. Heidi happened to drive up so I just submitted my little post.

Our elliptical trainer is extremely stiff. I don't see any difference in the intensity. We have to go back to the store and talk to them. It is so hard to go past a minute or two. We don't have plans for NYE either. We usually eat out but this year I bought a prime rib. It sounded so good. Maybe rent a movie and that is about it. Oh yea, get woken up by fireworks at midnight. LOL

Hey all!

Poor Barb! I would be in some mood if my flight to Disney was cancelled!

Glad everyone had a good Christmas. We had an especially nice one this year. Kaleigh was overjoyed with her castle and with TInkerbell and Jasmine, the last 2 stuffed princesses she didn't have. I know Tinkerbell isn't a princess, but they always lump her in.
We had an amazing shopping day on Wednesday. We SAVED almost $1000. The prices were amazing. I got turtlenecks at Penney's for $5 each and sweaters for $10 each. I got Kaleigh's Christmas dress for next year for $5 at Macy's and a winter coat and 2 other dresses. It was fun shopping. We didn't spend all that much either.

I worked today and we were supposed to go to our friends to play cards tonight, but they cancelled due to flu. I was relieved since I am not over my bug yet. My voice is still raspy and I get tired easily. We will go next week.

Tomorrow we have no plans, but Sunday we are going to JErry's mom's for dinner.

NYE my friend Judy is coming over, later than originally planned, but still coming. I am making pot roast in the crockpot.
NYD is pork roast, sauerkraut and spaetzle in the crockpot, well not the spaetzle. THen we sit around and watch the parade and do nothing all day. I love it!

Sandy: When is it my turn to win something? COngrats.

Julie: Glad Garry had a good birthday. We like a green Christmas. It is no fun driving in the snow when they don't clean the roads.

Until next time!

Denine, congrats on all the good bargains. Heidi and I really didn't do our noral shopping with her feeling so bad. We might try and go see Stacey this weekend. I bought them a couple of cute costumes on sale at the Disney store. Light up tinkerbell wings and matching shoes for Joey and Tyler has Buzz Lightyear where the wings light up. I think they will have a blast with them.

Breakfast time. Mmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter