October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

Okay.....tonight at midnight is the deadline to pay in full for our cruise. Let's see if anyone in our group gets a little pixiedust pixiedust: and gets an upgrade between now and our cruise.

On my first DCL cruise, we booked an Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 2 and was upgraded two weeks before the cruise to a Verandah Stateroom on Deck 6.

How do people get upgraded? I suppose I don't mind, as long as I still have 2 connecting rooms. But I very specifically picked adjoining staterooms...wouldn't want an upgrade if it changed that.

How do people get upgraded? I suppose I don't mind, as long as I still have 2 connecting rooms. But I very specifically picked adjoining staterooms...wouldn't want an upgrade if it changed that.

Not often, but sometimes, DCL will move people around (but you will never be moved to a lower category than you booked). I don't know if you have a choice once they do this. If you don't want to be possibly upgraded, have your travel agent (or call DCL if you booked directly) and ask them to note on your reservation "Do Not Upgrade". That's what I did our last cruise because I had a stateroom on Deck 5 with an extended verandah and didn't want to be moved. My first cruise we were upgraded from an Oceanview to a Verandah and I loved it!

Of course, like I said before, it does not happen often.

Just found this thread for our cruise...it's our first Disney Cruise and first time in the Caribbean, so I'm crazy excited! Got all of the port adventures we wanted (dolphin swim @ Cozumel, Stingrays @ GC, and touring the Mayan ruins at Costa Maya), as well as brunch @ Palos on the first day at sea and brunch @ Remys on the second at sea day, also a dinner at Palos after Cozumel! I wanted to try a bit of everything, lol! I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 73 days! My dd4 is bouncing off the walls already!

Welcome! Just know that Cozumel day is also Pirate Night. We are also in Palo that night, as Pirate Night is not our thing (I don't think that they've changed the menu in the 6 years that we've been cruising DCL and I will not put a red napkin on my head!), but I would guess that most people wouldn't willingly miss it.

Welcome!!! We have similar plans...Palo dinner night 3, Palo brunch on second sea day though.Extreme Dolphin swim, Xplor, ruins! This will be a lot of fun!!

Just found this thread for our cruise...it's our first Disney Cruise and first time in the Caribbean, so I'm crazy excited! Got all of the port adventures we wanted (dolphin swim @ Cozumel, Stingrays @ GC, and touring the Mayan ruins at Costa Maya), as well as brunch @ Palos on the first day at sea and brunch @ Remys on the second at sea day, also a dinner at Palos after Cozumel! I wanted to try a bit of everything, lol! I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 73 days! My dd4 is bouncing off the walls already!

:welcome: to you and your family. You are going to love cruising DCL. I'm Tammy, and cruising with me will be my Special Needs DD Rachel (24) and my Aunt Jeanette. My DD and I have been on 2 DCL cruises but my Aunt has never cruise on DCL (only Carnival). In my group, I believe I am the one who is bouncing off the walls with excitement (although everyone else is excited too). See you in 73 days!!!:yay::yay:

We have decided to do a beach excursion in Grand Cayman. Our first DCL cruise went to Grand Cayman but we didn't go to the beach, only did a little independent island tour which was nice, especially since it rained on and off. Hopefully we will have beautiful weather our entire cruise. In our other Ports, we have decided to just get off of the ship for some shopping and then explore the Fantasy.

Booked my excursions and boarding time @ 11am. Signing up for a one day spa pass and getting some last minute fe things. 73 is fast approaching and I am hoping all my fe gifts come out the way I want and I can get them all done in time... Thank god there is 2 months left in a way!!! Welcome to all the new people also. I will be sailing with my friend and our Ds who is 7. Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!

Do we know which night is formal, which is semi-formal, which is pirate, and which is Halloween?

Based on recent Navigators:

Sunday will be formal night
Wednesday will be pirate night
Thursday will be Semi-Formal night

Halloween is the unknown at this point, and it is very unlikely it would be Saturday or Friday, leaving Monday or Tuesday as the most likely.

Halloween is the unknown at this point, and it is very unlikely it would be Saturday or Friday, leaving Monday or Tuesday as the most likely.

Beat me to it. Formal night is the night of the first sea day, pirate night is the night we leave Cozumel and semi-formal night is the night of the second sea day.

Martin

So happy! Out TA was able to upgrade the grandparents today to a Concierge Balcony Room so I no longer have to worry about them being able to have the "perks" we have. This is going to be so awesome! As my wife said, "I hope our sons are as good to us as you are to your Dad!" All I can say is he deserves it!

So happy! Out TA was able to upgrade the grandparents today to a Concierge Balcony Room so I no longer have to worry about them being able to have the "perks" we have. This is going to be so awesome! As my wife said, "I hope our sons are as good to us as you are to your Dad!" All I can say is he deserves it!

Congrats! So many folks in here in concierge!

scorp111 said:

Thanks!

FE Exchange list #2 October 12, 2013:

Deck 2

2034-MissyandDand916-Melissa, Dan

Deck 5

5156-meloniesf-Melonie, Bill, Sam11M, Matt 7M
5166/5168-dutchgirl74-Amy, Christian, Mindy (Amy’s mom), Alexa 9F, Savanna 8F, Alayna 6F, Isaac 4M

Deck 7
7538-Belinda, Harvey

Deck9

9138-luvmygrljb; Sue, Matt, Jillian 9F (peanut/tree nut allergy) Blog
9158-Sandra, Nick, Alexa 8F, Jake 5M

Deck 12
******Please remember that these are concierge rooms and don't have magnetic doors *************

12506-HeddyRuth-Heather, Matt, Beverly 8F, Rose 3F
12510-kendzee94; Barb, Bill, Billy 15M, Jeanne 13F Beveridge
12512-coloradomickey-Stafie, Jason, ***5M, *** (almost) 3M
12020- Grandma Trisha, *** 7F (with coloradomickey)

***for the children in these rooms, if you are part of the list and need their names, please let me know and I will PM you the info***

Unknown/GTY
RitzBitz2-Jen, Ethan, Jackson 7M, MacKenly 5M
Gaporee-Nicole, Jason, Zachary 10M, Jayden 9F
dawalls2005-Troy, Melanie, Zackery 6M, Allen 3M

Total Rooms 13
Adults- 14F/12M
Kids -22
DD3,DD6, DD7, DD8, DD8, DD8, DD9, DD9, DD9, DD13
DS3, DS3, DS4, DS5, DS5, DS5, DS6, DS7, DS7, DS10, DS11, DS15

Just a heads up to those getting into Canaveral the night before....just got an email promo for the Radisson that they are running a 30% discount for that night! $98 for a room $108 with all taxes included.....Not sure if you need the code or not but it is 30PCTOFF....I just logged into their website and the discount was reflected. We have stayed there many, many times and that is about the lowest rate I have gotten.

That's awesome! Wish I could say the same, but I guess since I'm not even sailing concierge, the fact I can't put my parents in concierge shouldn't be a big deal to them. I think they are just happy that I am bringing them along! Maybe someday! :) It is nice when we can give back to our parents though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter