Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost on this one too. :laughing:

I hosted a Disney Cruise Party last fall and I still have the sign. It's the Fabulous Five in their cruise wear with the ship behind them and it says "Welcome Aboard". I can have it stuck in the ground outside the front door as their final clue.
IMG_1726.jpg
OOOHHHHH! That is Awesome!!!!

I'm still debating revealing here on that Sunday morning or just tell them we are driving Nana to Aunty Linda's and that we'll tour DC while there. Then have a scavenger hunt of clues in DC, that will lead to your place. If I do the later, would you be able to attach to the back of your sign an envelope that will contain the Mickey letter about the cruise? Oh, and if we wait till then, that means my youngest is likely to be bouncing of the walls all evening. Are you prepared for that? Really I have no idea how they will react, but I know when Tim gets excited, he can get Crazy Hyper!

Oh, you make waiting till DC to plant clues much more thrilling!!! I'll let you know. That is a most awesome sign you have! :)

And just in case they don't notice that I can add:
IMG_1725.jpg

And if I really have my act together I can have some of these waiting for the boys, not that my kids would complain. :rotfl:
IMG_1730.jpg

Just let me know :goodvibes

Twist my arm a little more will ya!! :yay: I think we may have a plan!! :)

I'm still debating revealing here on that Sunday morning or just tell them we are driving Nana to Aunty Linda's and that we'll tour DC while there. Then have a scavenger hunt of clues in DC, that will lead to your place. If I do the later, would you be able to attach to the back of your sign an envelope that will contain the Mickey letter about the cruise? Oh, and if we wait till then, that means my youngest is likely to be bouncing of the walls all evening. Are you prepared for that? Really I have no idea how they will react, but I know when Tim gets excited, he can get Crazy Hyper!

Oh, you make waiting till DC to plant clues much more thrilling!!! I'll let you know. That is a most awesome sign you have! :)
I think I can manage a letter on the back of the sign :woohoo:

Now I'm really laughing b/c I was thinking you were talking about an activity for the NC hunt. I thought you'd gone and found a compass and intended to make the older ones have to chart the coordinates to find a clue! That begs the question of how many kids these days know how to read a compass. I had to learn during outdoor recreation class in elementary school in Colorado. Admittedly, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!

Now I'm really laughing b/c I was thinking you were talking about an activity for the NC hunt. I thought you'd gone and found a compass and intended to make the older ones have to chart the coordinates to find a clue! That begs the question of how many kids these days know how to read a compass. I had to learn during outdoor recreation class in elementary school in Colorado. Admittedly, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!

:rotfl: my iphone has a compass does that count? Actually if I think about it I don't want it in the sand & surf, but I can hunt around and see if I can find one to use.

I think I can manage a letter on the back of the sign :woohoo:

I'll pm you a copy of it. All you'd need to do is print it out, stick it in an envelope, write their names on the envelope and attach it to the back of the sign.

What sorts of clues could I leave them in DC at the different spots we'll visit. Weather I involve a security guard or what not to give the note to the boys, what could I have written on each note. Something simple maybe like on one a Mickey Paint chip with "We miss you" written in the head and a small symbol of the next place to go to, (like the Washington Monument), then another note that says "Make a Wish" and another site symbol. The last one might just be GPS coordinates that will be Your House Location? Hmmmmmm, it's coming together in my head (surprising, considering the meds I'm on today).

If I do this, I definately can't work on bagging up my FE gifts at my Aunts (unless she has a room the boys can stay out of and I barracade myself in there till they are done. I want to at least get all the adult ones done BEFORE you house, as I don't want you to see them, just yet. But can you help me do the kids ones that evening? Think all the kids will hit the sack early enough, or be kept busy so as to not really notice what we are doing?

:rotfl: my iphone has a compass does that count? Actually if I think about it I don't want it in the sand & surf, but I can hunt around and see if I can find one to use.

I've got a pack of a dozen super cheap compasses attached to hooks from OT. Not sure what to do with them as they are left over from a Peter Pan party of a few years ago. My bet is that few kids on the NC hunt would know how to use them (age span is from toddler to ten!). I'm wondering if any of us adults really know or remember how to use them either! Probably best if we drop the compass thing and instead have them count paces from point A to point B. Hmmm...maybe that wouldn't work either as there is a big difference in shoe size from a toddler to a 10 year old!. Main thing we'll need to have them do at the end is to plop down at an obvious landmark and start digging for the loot! I can't wait to see that kodak moment.

PM me when convenient and maybe we can arrange a meet at my subdivision's pool. Our kids can splash around while we can chatter away. We're around all of August -- the twins are in morning camp but afternoons after lunch are wide open!

Beth

I'll pm you a copy of it. All you'd need to do is print it out, stick it in an envelope, write their names on the envelope and attach it to the back of the sign.

What sorts of clues could I leave them in DC at the different spots we'll visit. Weather I involve a security guard or what not to give the note to the boys, what could I have written on each note. Something simple maybe like on one a Mickey Paint chip with "We miss you" written in the head and a small symbol of the next place to go to, (like the Washington Monument), then another note that says "Make a Wish" and another site symbol. The last one might just be GPS coordinates that will be Your House Location? Hmmmmmm, it's coming together in my head (surprising, considering the meds I'm on today).

If I do this, I definately can't work on bagging up my FE gifts at my Aunts (unless she has a room the boys can stay out of and I barracade myself in there till they are done. I want to at least get all the adult ones done BEFORE you house, as I don't want you to see them, just yet. But can you help me do the kids ones that evening? Think all the kids will hit the sack early enough, or be kept busy so as to not really notice what we are doing?

Judy, The Masonic Temple in Alexandria is a huge landmark connected to that Nicholas Cage movie you were talking about in one of your PMs to me. That might be a good place to head to on your way to Sheri's house. You can always pull over and park, then somehow manage to slip an envelope under something obvious that reveals the next clue: the GPS coordinates to Sheri's.
Much will depend on the time of day b/c traffic can be horrendous during certain hours.

Wow. Jeff, this tutorial is really helpful. Now I can visualize what all of the more "seasoned" cruisers are talking about. Thanks so much -- and thanks to all the other people who chimed in too. I love this board and can't wait to meet everyone in less than 90 days!

Beth

Glad to help out. For the most part I think the online booking process is pretty straightforward, but then again I am a application programmer (Windows & Web) so I get it because I develop them.

When I got to the part where my reservation was "unconfirmed" I scratched my head for a second too. People using the web aren't used to make a decison and submitting a request only to have it not completely processed and listed as "unconfirmed".

Regardless, I hope my explanation can help those at the 75 day mark, probably should of put this together a few days ago for those at the 90 day mark.

In case anyone missed it I created an online tutorial explaning the DCL booking process: http://www.jeffreylangdon.com/dcl/book.html

... during my "Keys to the Kingdom" tour (Oct31st), I plan on asking the CM in the TOT movie, where did they shoot the interior kitchen scenes? My guess is either a sound stage or what was going to become the gift shop just adjacent to it.

What other questions can you think of that I can toss in their direction?popcorn::

P.S. those cupcakes (above post) look yummy!:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.

Ever messed with the Google Earth and Disney. I was fooling around with directions and google maps. I downloaded the plugin for Google Earth, went to Florida and did a fly by the castle! My wife said that she had never flown that close to the castle EVER! I flew her all over the MK and Epcot. It did take a while to get used to using your mouse as a flying instrument. Not to mention, I m not used to being about 20 ft off the ground an running into a Giant Ball! :rotfl2:

Wish I had seen it before Saturday night! It's weird how obvious it all is afterwards, but I confess to being a bit bamboozled by it all at the time - could have been tiredness though!

Well done Pudo for taking the trouble to put the tutorial together.

I did manage to get back into the DCL site yesterday and make one additional spa ressie (a facial for me....I let DH talk me into it! ;) ). It still took forever to do, and I got bounced out of the system more than once.

I noticed on the October 16th meet thread that they just passed their 75 mark. It sounded like they experienced even worse site problems then we had at 90 days. I hope this is not the case for our 75 dayers. I really wish the whole process was a little less nerve racking.

So, now all I have left to do is to buy our Olde Towne Trolley tickets, which I have decided to get in advance on-line. I'd like to avoid any potential lines at Key West and it would be nice to save even just a few dollars after I just committed ourselves two days ago to spending hundreds!

I noticed on the October 16th meet thread that they just passed their 75 mark. It sounded like they experienced even worse site problems then we had at 90 days. I hope this is not the case for our 75 dayers. I really wish the whole process was a little less nerve racking.

I am guessing that the Wonder has way more 1st timer than the Magic ever does. I figure those that just booked at the 90 day mark figure for the Majority of our cruisers for the Magic. Hope everyone got what they wanted and those yet to book find just as much pixie dust.

So, now all I have left to do is to buy our Olde Towne Trolley tickets, which I have decided to get in advance on-line. I'd like to avoid any potential lines at Key West and it would be nice to save even just a few dollars after I just committed ourselves two days ago to spending hundreds!

Let me know how purchasing the Trolley tickets online goes. Kind a curious about the eTicket. Is it good for only one day with no expiration or are you buying the ticket for a specific day? Do you print out the ticket? I am sure this is pretty easy to do, just curious.

Thanks,

Jeff

Let me know how purchasing the Trolley tickets online goes. Kind a curious about the eTicket. Is it good for only one day with no expiration or are you buying the ticket for a specific day? Do you print out the ticket? I am sure this is pretty easy to do, just curious.

Thanks,

Jeff

I'm probably not going to purchase them for another few weeks, but I did check out the process. The tickets are not for any one specific day. They are good for six months from the date of purchase. It appears you can request a refund for an unused e-ticket by filling out their online form (your invoice information will be needed to do so), but you must do so before the tickets expire. The ticket is an e-ticket, which can be printed after purchase is confirmed.

For our family of 4 (two adults, two children), it will cost $77.60 to purchase tickets on line. In person tickets would be $86, so this saves us a little over $8.00 (or one alcoholic beverage on the Magic!).

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/rates-and-reservations.asp

I'm probably not going to purchase them for another few weeks, but I did check out the process. The tickets are not for any one specific day. They are good for six months from the date of purchase. It appears you can request a refund for an unused e-ticket by filling out their online form (your invoice information will be needed to do so), but you must do so before the tickets expire. The ticket is an e-ticket, which can be printed after purchase is confirmed.

For our family of 4 (two adults, two children), it will cost $77.60 to purchase tickets on line. In person tickets would be $86, so this saves us a little over $8.00 (or one alcoholic beverage on the Magic!).

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/rates-and-reservations.asp

Sounds good to me. I'll probably buy ours this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter