Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused.....when is the DIS TOT?

On the 1st page there are two dates, in the following sections:
(1) SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISBAORD TRICK-OR-TREATING
DisTOT = Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10am (watch here for more updates)
(2) Dis Schedule = Sunday October 31, 2010 at 11am

Just trying to figure out our schedule with Palo and Spa so we don't have any conflicts.....thanks!

I'm confused.....when is the DIS TOT?

On the 1st page there are two dates, in the following sections:
(1) SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISBAORD TRICK-OR-TREATING
DisTOT = Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10am (watch here for more updates)
(2) Dis Schedule = Sunday October 31, 2010 at 11am

Just trying to figure out our schedule with Palo and Spa so we don't have any conflicts.....thanks!

It is on the 31st. If you head over to the second thread all the info has been updated.

Wow, been awhile since I posted, have had a busy summer so far:cool1:.. Paid off the trip in full now the girls are counting down. I think its the first time they actually are looking forward to going back to school. They know once the get back in school it will only be about 7 weeks until we leave.

I want to thank everyone here, I learned much more on this thread then any other and boy have I researched. Since it will be our first cruise I want to make it special for the wife and girls. Girls have been going out buying outfits and dresses for dinner, wifey starting finally shopping for herself.. Me well I will be last minute shopper.. Been watching my weight down 40 lbs wanna drop another 20-30 more before the cruise so I will shop at the last minute and drive her nuts..

Its funny with the 2 year old, we live in Woodbridge NJ, which is in the Newark Airport flight path and every time she sees a plane she says its going to see Mickey Mouse Boat and Goofy is driving the boat.

I do have a quick inquiry, we are flying in to Orlando from JFK NY ( Prices from Newark were double the price... I think they know all the NJ Kids are off from school the first week in November) on Friday the 29th and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We will not be going in the parks - too much in one day for the little one - but we will be taking a bus to epcot then the Monorail to WDW just for her to see the castle. I want to go to Downtown Disney for Dinner any recommendations... There will be 6 adults and 1 2year old...BTW the babies Godparents booked and are going with us, nice surprise...

Well let me know of a nice place to eat in Downtown Disney..

Wow, been awhile since I posted, have had a busy summer so far:cool1:.. Paid off the trip in full now the girls are counting down. I think its the first time they actually are looking forward to going back to school. They know once the get back in school it will only be about 7 weeks until we leave.

I want to thank everyone here, I learned much more on this thread then any other and boy have I researched. Since it will be our first cruise I want to make it special for the wife and girls. Girls have been going out buying outfits and dresses for dinner, wifey starting finally shopping for herself.. Me well I will be last minute shopper.. Been watching my weight down 40 lbs wanna drop another 20-30 more before the cruise so I will shop at the last minute and drive her nuts..

Its funny with the 2 year old, we live in Woodbridge NJ, which is in the Newark Airport flight path and every time she sees a plane she says its going to see Mickey Mouse Boat and Goofy is driving the boat.

I do have a quick inquiry, we are flying in to Orlando from JFK NY ( Prices from Newark were double the price... I think they know all the NJ Kids are off from school the first week in November) on Friday the 29th and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We will not be going in the parks - too much in one day for the little one - but we will be taking a bus to epcot then the Monorail to WDW just for her to see the castle. I want to go to Downtown Disney for Dinner any recommendations... There will be 6 adults and 1 2year old...BTW the babies Godparents booked and are going with us, nice surprise...

Sarge -- I was just thinking about you. Did you ever decide to do the FE or not? I thought you were going to have someone in your family participate but noticed you aren't on Leslie's FE list.

Beth

Sarge, we had to start a second thread for our cruise since this one is getting too long. The new thread is the same title, just says Part Two. Head on over there to catch up with us.

As far as DTD goes, we have only eaten at the Rainforest Cafe there. We also ate a Raglan Road, the Irish Pub, which is located more on the Paradise Island side. Rainforest is your typical theme type restaurant, mostly american dishes. Raglan has some american some irish. We liked it there.

Hi Sarge, nice to see you here again!

If you want the whole 'experience' restaurant, we have eaten at the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood at DTD and both were good. For the little one, I would say RC is more of an experience she will relate to though. I think we will be headed there one night before the cruise :)

There is a second thread for our cruise set up as this one will be locked soon (getting close to maximum number of posts I think) - you might want to check that one out as there is a whole lot more info over there :goodvibes

Sarge, we had to start a second thread for our cruise since this one is getting too long. The new thread is the same title, just says Part Two. Head on over there to catch up with us.

As far as DTD goes, we have only eaten at the Rainforest Cafe there. We also ate a Raglan Road, the Irish Pub, which is located more on the Paradise Island side. Rainforest is your typical theme type restaurant, mostly american dishes. Raglan has some american some irish. We liked it there.

Sorry, didn't see your response before I started typing. Great minds think alike though! :goodvibes

why is this thread going to be locked?

The DIS will only allow each thread to be 250 pages long to allow easier management. This is a rule that was put in place several years ago. So the threads are closed when the reach 250 pages but still available to be read and referred to and a new therad is started to continue with the planning and talking.

At other times threads are closed because of the post that people make that is why we shoulds not discuss certian topic on the DIS and sadly that includes guidelines around who and how much to tip. Some people cannot handle in a fiendly manner discussing things they feel strongly about. So when a thread gets too angry or mean it will be closed.

Hi Sarge! Do you like seafood? I LOVE Fulton's- the food and the service are both excellent. :love: Raglan Road has the Irish entertainment- I like the food there. Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich are wonderful counter service restaurants. DTD is a lot of fun!

BTW, before we moved to Scotch Plains 16 years ago, we lived in Woodbridge, too- in a condo in Sharon Gardens next to the mall. :goodvibes

Ok- heading over to the new thread.....

We live in North Brunswick, same here with my 6 year old girl. The planes out of Newark and Philly sometimes fly over our house so Sarah says "There goes another plane to Disney, can't wait for ours". :goodvibes

The latest and greatest (IMHO) at Downtown Disney is the T-Rex restaurant. Check out the link and video - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/t-rex/

Tip: Call them directly, not through Disney Dining and you will find more availability. We have 5:30 reservation on the 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter