• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Obama's AA

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I found this picture of the Obama AA that will be in the Hall of Presidents. I think from this picture they an ok job but think they could have done better on making it look like him. I just don't see it in the face. The ears yes, but it just isn't his face. What do you think?

barackobamaaafigure_6212005352175260.jpg
Barack_Obama_portrait_2005.jpg

Face looks a little too round, but maybe it's the position his head is in. If you tuck your chin inward, it makes your face rounder. Or maybe he's had an all-nighter??

Hmm.....I don't know what I think yet. It looks....okay. I think they could have done a better job as well. It reminded me of the bit Conan did last night when he went into a factory for celebrity wax figures. If you watch it, you'll know why.

Maybe the animatronics was the reason the face had to be that round and maybe from the distance of his position on the stage to the audience seating makes a difference too. I don't think up close it is a good match but I'll wait till I see it in person.

I see what you are saying, but maybe it's the lighting? I'm really curious to hear about it when people see him in person.

In addition to the comments above, I know that Imagineers frequently design AA's based on the guest's views (ie, exaggerated facial features in POTC - they don't look normal up close!). They probably are designing him based on how he looks from the seats in the theater - up close he may look very different.

Yeah I agree the lighting will have a great effect on the final product plus the mannerisms and movements will probably make the world of difference.:goodvibes

I think he looks a little like Patrick stewart ion the AA. Cover the top of his head (just above the eyes) and see for yourself.

His eyes look wrong. They're not pronounced enough.

Altho, someone else posted a pic from farther back, and it looked right. I guess it is the audience view ting.

Given how true to life AA obviously has the possibility of being (The Jack Sparrow AA's in POTC are fantastically lifelike), Obama's is pretty disappointing. His ears are cartoonish (yes they're funny in real life too, but not quite to that extreme!) and his face seems small in proportion to the "real estate" they've left for it on his head. Like they took all of his features and smushed them toward the middle, leaving awkward empty space around the margins. It almost reminds me of a jack-o-lantern that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter