• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Num Num Cookie vs. Gideon's Chocolate Chip Cookie

Which is the better cookie?

• Total voters
Just tried num num cookie at HS and it was warm and gooey. Very good, but I prefer other flavor cookies than chocolate chip and that’s where Gideon’s excels. The cookies and cream cookie and the coffee crumb cake cookie is on a different level. I like the undone texture.

I was really disappointed with the Num Num cookie! Maybe because it was overhyped? When I finally got it, I had a few bites and threw away. I much prefer Gideon's chocolate chip cookie. We only eat a little bit at a time. Agreed with other posters here that the coffee crumb cookie is the best at Gideons! I wish we had gotten more of those instead of more chocolate chip.

The Num Num Cookie is WAY better than Gideon's, on every level. Gideon's is good. Num Num is Fabulous!

HOWEVER....I answered "other" because better than BOTH of those cookies is the salted pecan triple chocolate chip cookie at Kringla Og Cafe in Norway.
View attachment 554481

I haven't tried either cookie mentioned in the original post, but now you've got me convinced I have to try this cookie in Norway! They already have four of my favorite Disney desserts there, and I'm not generally a sweet eater, but I always have to get the Rice Cream, a Troll Horn, a School Bread, and a Norwegian Kringla at least once a Disney trip. I was so sad that Kringla Bakery wasn't open yet on our trip last July, and on our October trip, they were open, but had minimal selections. All my fav items are showing on the menu now, but I'm not seeing the Salted Pecan Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie that you speak of, but I do see a Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie listed. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the pecan one is there on our May trip!

Where do I find this NumNum cookie?

Hi friend! It's usually at the Neighborhood Bakery in the Pixar Place area at Hollywood Studios, near where the Toy Story Midway Mania entrance area use to be, but the bakery is listed as closed right now. Maybe somewhere else in HS is selling them. I've been trying to get one on our last several trips, but the bakery closes early, so I always missed it. Hopefully someone will reply if they know where else we can get one!

I should not have clicked on this post!

I love a good cookie! But now I want to try them all. So Epcot day, I'll have to get the Norway Cookie. On my trip to DS, Gideon's. HS day, Cookie Num Num.

🤔Now that means I have to have options for MK and AK. Lol are there any good cookies at those 2 parks? I will eat all the cookies!!

I should not have clicked on this post!

I love a good cookie! But now I want to try them all. So Epcot day, I'll have to get the Norway Cookie. On my trip to DS, Gideon's. HS day, Cookie Num Num.

🤔Now that means I have to have options for MK and AK. Lol are there any good cookies at those 2 parks? I will eat all the cookies!!
I’ve heard the Minnie chocolate chip lava cookie is a must at MK.. never tried any of them.. want to try all now!!!! Gotta find one for Ak!!!

I'm a cookie monster so I like both. The Num Num cookie was soft and a little melty, and had a very buttery taste to me. I thought it was great, but that's not a flavor that everyone cares for.

A bump on my own thread. I've been to Gideons a few times now and finally had a Num Num cookie and I can officially give a solid opinion.

We were in Orlando in March and stopped at the Gideons in Winter Park. I tried the chocolate chip, the triple chocolate chip, peanut butter/chocolate chip (special) and the oreo cookie.

My sister was in Disney in October and picked up two of the special October cookies which were the Frankensten (oreo cookie with chocolate chips and M&Ms) and the Bride (golden oreo with white chocolate chips and M&Ms). We went back to Disney this past month and went to Gideons and picked up the Chocolate Churro (November special) and tried the Dark Chocolate Coffee cake (Disney Springs special).

The Gideon cookies were all delicious. Dense little cookies. We even bought extra and brought them home.

We went to Hollywood Studios and had a warm Num Num cookie. We brought one of these extra home as well.

If you want to compare just the traditional chocolate chip vs. Num Num cookie, I feel because the Num Num cookie is served warm that wins out. Gideon cookies are recommended room temperature. Even if you freeze them (which we have about 7-8 cookies in our freezer), they are said to be put out and thaw and be served at room temperature.

But in the overall experience, I'd recommend the Gideons because of the variety and flavors. Num Num cookie is very good but it's more of the traditional type of chocolate cookie.

The Num Num Cookie is WAY better than Gideon's, on every level. Gideon's is good. Num Num is Fabulous!

HOWEVER....I answered "other" because better than BOTH of those cookies is the salted pecan triple chocolate chip cookie at Kringla Og Cafe in Norway.
View attachment 554481
My inner-child voted Num Num Cookies.......

When I think of the name Gideon, many things come to mind - not cookies.

But ask a little kid, would you like a Salted Pecan Triple Chocolate-Chip cookie, or a Num Num cookie.....NUM NUM!!

Maybe I'm just too much of an Incredibles fans, but Num Num cookies will forever make me smile - just like seeing a dog with their head out the car window and/or blaming the household pet for every fart.

As to taste - I'm diabetic and my favorite in-Park 'sin' at Disney is a Mickey Bars (yes, the ears taste better).

There was over a 2 hour wait outside of Gideons both times we were at Disney Springs this week. They must be good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter