• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November- What do you pack?

How bad is the rain? We usually go in August and it rains everyday.
Again, it can be a crapshoot. Most of our trips were the week after Thanksgiving and dry most days but 2 years ago it was miserable rainy. So rainy we were stuffing newspaper in shoes overnight and wishing we had brought more than our usual 2 pairs each because there were none that were dry.

Last year I ended up buying a coat with fleece lining while at Epcot it was so cold! I'm from Oregon so I'm not used to warm November days, but it seemed so cold at night I could not tolerate it without coat and gloves. The days were warm and nice, but I though maybe Florida's humidity made the cold seem colder than the temp would suggest.

I've been around Thanksgiving a few times. Mostly we wore shorts and tshirts, and carried hoodies around for after sunset or if it got windy/rainy.

If you are from a warm climate you'll think its mostly cool. Layers works best, but yes I'd take a little of everything. If you are from a cool climate you'll be ok swimming. We weren't ok with the swimming thing, water was too cold. The last November we went, we met some people from the UK, they were in shorts and tank tops, while we were in fleece jackets.

We arrive Friday and looks like it’ll be in the low 80s each day of our trip. So far, first two days forecast rain- it’s been awhile since I’ve been to Florida, does it feel cold when it rains? Would we be okay throwing a hoodie on over shorts and tshirt? I have ponchos and umbrellas we’ll have on hand too.

We arrive Friday and looks like it’ll be in the low 80s each day of our trip. So far, first two days forecast rain- it’s been awhile since I’ve been to Florida, does it feel cold when it rains? Would we be okay throwing a hoodie on over shorts and tshirt? I have ponchos and umbrellas we’ll have on hand too.
A hoodie in that weather would not be needed in the day time but yes at night time especially if its raining. Looks like high 60s possibly at night. You can pack now and make adjustments a couple days out if needed. Id probably at least take one pair of pants.

I have already started packing for our Thanksgiving week trip. Guys are in shorts (but my boys will wear shorts in 30 degrees). Daughter and I are doing leggings with short sleeved shirts. We all have jackets packed and a pair of jeans in case of a cold day. I'll reevaluate the night before we leave to see if I need to change it up.

The issue right now is not knowing the track of Eta and how slow it's going to move as far as this week's rain is concerned. We arrive on Thursday and didn't expect to be tracking a tropical storm this late into the season but here we are...

I am leaving in a few days and having that same worry - also concerned about Hurricane Eta!
The issue right now is not knowing the track of Eta and how slow it's going to move as far as this week's rain is concerned. We arrive on Thursday and didn't expect to be tracking a tropical storm this late into the season but here we are...

Yeah that caught me off guard today! Been too caught up in other news and then saw someone post about it on here and went wait... what?! Hoping it moves fast..

We arrive tomorrow from Oregon and unable to move days due to commitments. Just me and husband are plan was to take it easy and enjoy are time together. We will just make the best of it, maybe spend more time looking at the different resorts.

I have already started packing for our Thanksgiving week trip. Guys are in shorts (but my boys will wear shorts in 30 degrees). Daughter and I are doing leggings with short sleeved shirts. We all have jackets packed and a pair of jeans in case of a cold day. I'll reevaluate the night before we leave to see if I need to change it up.

This is where I am! We leave in 3 days. Looks like leggings/shorts/short sleve shirts with a hoodie or zip up for the mornings/evenings still. Doesn't look too cold at night. Hi 70s/low 80s in the day, mid 60s at night. I'm pumped! Weather looks awesome...

Late November, right after Thanksgiving, is my favorite time to go to WDW! I am from upstate New York, so I don’t know if that tends to be colder or warmer than Colorado. But they’re both colder than Florida!

I generally wear jeans or cargo shorts and a t-shirt, and bring a fleece hoodie. Sometimes it’s cool enough to wear the hoodie during the day and not be too warm, but if it is I just tie it around my waist. It tends to be chilly enough after dark that I’m really glad to have it with me.

Similarly, there are occasionally times when the shorts may be a teeny bit cool for nights or the jeans a smidge too warm for midday, but not enough to warrant changing.

I know the thread started a month ago, but for the benefit of anyone visiting in the near future, I would stress the importance of layers! Looks like the weather is reaching highs of low to mid 70s, which would be beautiful t-shirt weather for us. But, those highs aren't reached until mid-late afternoon. Mornings and evenings, especially when the sun is down, will be in the 50s and 60s which would require a sweatshirt or jacket in some cases. Also keep in mind that outdoor rides will whip you through cold air in the mornings (we learned this the hard way by riding Everest at rope drop one year), and currently the majority of queues are spent waiting outside in the elements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter