November/December 2016 discount code watch

My family (2 adults, 1 child) was lucky enough to score Monday morning a FD offer at CBR for mid-December, but with required upgrades (Park Hoppers & Room Upgrades) it wasn't worth the price increase vs paying for meals out of pocket, so we declined. Yesterday, out of the blue we received a UOC for room discount in our email for up to 30% (20% for CBR). When we called a CM, the only upgrade we had to do was from a Standard to a Preferred room with a lake view. Even with this minor upgrade, it still ended up being a savings of several hundred dollars, which will cover most of our out of pocket meals. The offer included "For stays most nights 8/26–11/22/16 and 11/26–12/23/16. Book through 8/31/16."

The CM told us that a certain number of UOCs are allocated to different regions by Zip Code, and that your likelihood of getting one improves based on how their Marketing evaluates your interactions with WDW (trip planning, contacts with CM, etc). Don't know how true that is, but keep your eyes open.

Silly question probably but what's a UOC? And do you have to be a card holder or something to receive them?

Silly question probably but what's a UOC? And do you have to be a card holder or something to receive them?
Here's a decent explanation website below that explains Unique Offer Codes, or as they used to be called until just recently, Disney Pin Codes. Basically, they are unique offers sent to individuals, and the code can only be redeemed by the individual targeted to receive them. They can be applied to new reservations, or sometimes an existing reservation depending on the offer.

http://www.frugalmouse.com/get-disney-pin-code/

Fingers crossed for a RO discount for November/December of at least 20% at mods!
I'm with you!!! Hoping for 30%!! I'm debating on, if a discount does not get released during my dates (December 3rd arrival), purchasing an AP for myself only if 30% off is offered for AP holders only. It really won't save much money, but would be like basically getting an AP for same cost as what my vacation is already at anyway, after I figure in MM it may come out ahead even. We'll see...
I'm hoping for the RO for the general public!!!

I'm with you!!! Hoping for 30%!! I'm debating on, if a discount does not get released during my dates (December 3rd arrival), purchasing an AP for myself only if 30% off is offered for AP holders only. It really won't save much money, but would be like basically getting an AP for same cost as what my vacation is already at anyway, after I figure in MM it may come out ahead even. We'll see...
I'm hoping for the RO for the general public!!!
Hopefully you get a pin code! That would cover your dates. Definitely call and check anyway.
Luckily my sister (going with) always gets PIÑ codes. We haven't found the resort we REALLY want available, but there is still time.

Hopefully you get a pin code! That would cover your dates. Definitely call and check anyway.
Luckily my sister (going with) always gets PIÑ codes. We haven't found the resort we REALLY want available, but there is still time.
I keep checking every day!lol Not there. I am already booked at CR in a TPV room from 12/3-12/7, and we are going straight there after our DCL cruise, so dates can't be changed and I'm unwilling to switch my resort or view. I could get lucky though, right? ;)

I also received a UOC for "For stays most nights 8/26–11/22/16 and 11/26–12/23/16. Book through 8/31/16." However, I think if I book a river view at POFQ it only saves me $70 as I already have a standard room booked there from 11/29-12/4/2016. Not really sure if it's worth the hassle.

I just want to echo the great advice that others have put forward about continuing to check for rooms that may be available for a discount. About a week ago, I received a UOC in my email for stays 8/26 - 11/22/16 and 11/26 - 12/23 and I called immediately to try to have it applied to my Poly reservation that starts on 11/29. They had no rooms at the Poly or the Boardwalk for those dates - other than the most expensive rooms. I tried again later in the week when I made a change to my reservation and even again yesterday when I made another small change - still no rooms available. Then, I checked this morning online and up popped a room. I called and got the discount! Long email just to say "Keep the Faith".

So Disney just released room discounts for checking in thru Nov. 15th.... I guess that's it for the rest of the year? What does everyone think?

I think that's a typo in the newsletter's title. The Disney site doesn't have anything to the 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter