• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November/December 2012?

dabecs

WDW 2012, WDW 2014, DL 2017!
After enjoying following the threads for Sep/Oct this year from the initial planning to the count down and now the trip reports I was hoping to have the same camaraderie from some Aussie/Kiwis planning a trip next year in November or December.:lovestruc

Has anyone made any plans?

edited to add roll call:

Dabecs: 2 Nov - 29 Nov USA, WDW 2nd - 18th November (Saratoga Springs)

Ms Shuttergirl: 9 Dec - 13 Jan US/Canada, WDW 9th-20th December (POFQ)

Shushh: 6 Dec - 23 Jan Europe, DLP 12th - 16th December (Disneyland hotel)

Luisa: 4 Dec - 18 Dec USA, DL 4th - 5th December, WDW 14th - 18th December (Pop or AoA)

Beee: 9 Dec - 24 Dec USA, DL 10th - 13th December (Disneyland hotel)

Aussiepossum: 22 Oct - 23 Nov USA, DL 22nd - 25th October (Disneyland hotel) WDW 25th October - 19th November (CSR/CBR/POR)

Royal Consort: 24 Nov - 7 Dec USA, WDW 24th Nov - 3rd December (POFQ), DL 4th Dec - 7th December

Monica9: 24 Nov - 1 Dec USA, WDW 24th November - 1st December (Wilderness Lodge)

Minnie Sue Oz: 24 Oct - 9 Nov USA, DL 24th October - 9th November (HoJo/Carousel Inn and Suites)

Alicia1506: 23 Nov - 13 Dec USA, DCL 24th November - 1st December (Fantasy), 1st December - 11th December DL (Desert Inn and Suites/DLH)

Colin A: 14 Dec - 18 Jan USA, WDW 14th December - 18th January (Boardwalk)

Baf65: 3 Nov - 24 Nov USA, WDW

nikdisney: 3 Dec - 30 Dec, USA/Canada, WDW 3rd December - 12th December (Wilderness Lodge)

Jenny N: 22 Nov - 2 Dec, USA DL 22nd November - 2nd December

Belinda: 8 Nov - 19 Dec, USA

Princess in Oz: 1 Nov -11 Nov, SoCal and NorCal

Travel Mum: 29 Dec - 14 Jan Hawaii

So Louisa looks like it is "me and you, just us two"!

I will say after reading the recent trip reports I am really happy we have decided on November when it should be a little cooler, I don't like high humidity.

What dates are you thinking?

Of course! I guess you are stuck between the Sep/Oct thread and the Nov/Dec thread!

Any plans yet on where you are staying? For how long etc..

Of course! I guess you are stuck between the Sep/Oct thread and the Nov/Dec thread!

Any plans yet on where you are staying? For how long etc..

We're looking at leaving mid October or thereabouts, Legoland and maybe going to Palm Springs then Arizona, up to Las Vegas then down to our cruise then onto Disneyland for 5 nights.

Staying at Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian, other than that not a clue!

Our cruise is the Mexican Riviera and we'll be spending Halloween on board, might try to go to one of the Halloween parties at DL too :)

I'm thinking first or second week of December- I love the parks done up for Christmas. Will probably stay at Pop again (budget solo traveller), I really liked that resort.

Thanks for the invite. We are looking at the first two weeks of November....good to meet some fellow excited disboarders!

First 2 weeks of November for us too!

Our plan is to arrive on November 2nd and stay till the 18th (16 nights) at WDW then onto Washington DC from 18th - 21st (3 nights), then New York from 21st - 28th (7 nights), then hopefully a stop over in Hawaii for a few days (depends on prices).

At WDW we are staying in a 2 bedroom apartment at Saratoga Springs Resort, we decided to stay there because we wanted some space and we liked the relaxing sprawling grounds. The travellers are my husband and myself, our two girls who will be 5 and 6 at the time and my parents. Originally we were looking at 2 rooms at POFQ but by staying in an apartment we will also have a kitchen, a washer/dryer and a lounge room which will be great once the girls have gone to sleep for the night!

I know Saratoga isn't a popular choice but with 16 nights I am happy to be a bit further away and a bit quieter. I also love the idea of the beauty spa, the community room for the kids, the new pool and walking to DTD:cloud9:

We will be going to Kennedy SC one day and spend another day outlet shopping, and along side the park days I want to have a few down days to sit back and relax.

Accommodation wise for the rest of the trip no decisions have been made!

It will be Thanksgiving in NY when we are there so we want to see the Macy's parade and then indulge in a little (or not so little) Black Friday shopping.

Loving the planning:cloud9:

We are thinking of heading there around that time next year too. My daughter will be just over one and hopefully walking, would be so magical seeing her meet the characters. And I love all the Christmasness that happens at WDW :)

Hi all. Joining in if I may!

My DD and I will be off to DL for 2 fun filled mother and daughter weeks from the 27th October through 10th November. We are not too sure where we will be staying yet, although would love to spend the last few nights in one of the Disneyland properties. We were in Anaheim for 3 weeks last December and stayed the whole time at the HoJo which was terfiific, so may stay there again to start with.

Our plan is basically to live at the parks for the whole time and of course attend a Halloween party! Can't wait to see the park done up for Halloween!!!
I know we will also be doing the Happy Haunts guided tour. We did the Christmas one last year and it was just wonderful! Will also be doing a couple of character breakfasts and am tossing up doing Fantasmic dinner again.

We are buying annual passes again, so will have an excuse to use them again the following year before they expire! We found them the best option last year as we were there for 3 weeks and saved loads with 20% discount on merchandise!:cool1:

Looking forward to counting down with everyone! It's great to have the company of other "Disers" and makes the wait so much more fun!

Take care:flower3:

Sue

If anyone hears of cheap airfares let us know....we are hanging out for a good deal :thumbsup2. But I know its a little early to book flights yet! Given its 12mths away. Who knows I have a funny feeling qantas might have some cheap flights on the way:rotfl:

hey
I'm a sept girl...but am really interested in other peoples planning....
oh, ok...I just like to sticky beak...:cool1:

Hi Snickals! How are you and your daughter doing? You all better now?

Hi Princess :wave: I'm still on the mend but doing a lot better than before, my little girl is great! We went to the airport today because my 12yr old niece is going to Sydney for a school camp (my school camps were never that good lol) and my baby loved watching the planes land and take off :)

First 2 weeks of November for us too!

Our plan is to arrive on November 2nd and stay till the 18th (16 nights) at WDW then onto Washington DC from 18th - 21st (3 nights), then New York from 21st - 28th (7 nights), then hopefully a stop over in Hawaii for a few days (depends on prices).

We start our WDW accomodation on the 2nd of November as well! Although we have requested BLT one bedroom for the five of us for the first week and AKV savannah view one bedroom for the second week. Although we have to wait 11mths out to see if our request are available....But David doesn't seem to think it will be a problem (the guy we are renting points through).

At WDW we are staying in a 2 bedroom apartment at Saratoga Springs Resort, we decided to stay there because we wanted some space and we liked the relaxing sprawling grounds.

We did an "in house" thing about DVC when we went in Sept last year and it is located at Saratoga Springs. It looked lovely and you are correct right next to down town disney. The pool area looked to die for:lovestruc
You should actually look into the tree house villas there. They are about the same price as a two bedroom villa but with alot more room. They also have the boat that takes you into down town disney. I am sure they are the same price and you get three rooms....worth a look;)

We did an "in house" thing about DVC when we went in Sept last year and it is located at Saratoga Springs. It looked lovely and you are correct right next to down town disney. The pool area looked to die for:lovestruc
You should actually look into the tree house villas there. They are about the same price as a two bedroom villa but with alot more room. They also have the boat that takes you into down town disney. I am sure they are the same price and you get three rooms....worth a look;)

Thanks - I will look into it:surfweb:

To think in one year I will be there:woohoo: So far in my *very* rough first draft itinerary today will be a rest day to shop at DTD, do some activities at the community hall, maybe hire bikes and ride around the resort or go visiting other resorts! Sounds like bliss:cloud9:

We will be in the US next November!

Planning on having our wedding at WDW in late October followed by 6-8 weeks of travelling around. Still working out the finer details of exactly where we want to go though..

I can't believe it's less than 12 months away :cool1:

We will be in the US next November!

Planning on having our wedding at WDW in late October followed by 6-8 weeks of travelling around. Still working out the finer details of exactly where we want to go though..

I can't believe it's less than 12 months away :cool1:

WOW! Sounds fantastic:)

I just had a look at the weather this week in Orlando - about 27 degrees each day and 68% humidity. Perfect:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter