• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 3, 2014: Four Nights to DREAM

I think we can do it. We kept her first trip to Disney a secret for three and a half months. We told told her one month before we left and it was great. There was enough time for her to explore the parks and the resort (AKL) online. All our ADRs were done and I booked an Illuminations fireworks cruise before she knew anything. :rolleyes1

It's nice that you are giving her time to still explore and contribute to your vaca beforehand! It helps to get her all excited, too.

We could never do a surprise -- we talk Disney too much in our family and all the things we want to do next trip.

Hi everyone! This is our first cruise. It will be me, my husband, my daughter who is 8, and my son who will be 5. Sounds like my daughter will fit right in! The FE sounds like fun. We'd love to participate. I'm new to all of this…including the DIS boards…so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!

My daughter is so excited that there will be so many friends her age on board.

I also have a 5 yo (girl, though).

I will add you to the first post and the FE post.

You will need to have 10 posts before you can PM me so I'll send you a PM so you can join our FB FE (Nov 2014 -- Four Nights to Dream) group.

Do you have your cabin # yet?

Fish Extender UPDATE

1. So far we have 8 families in Fish Extender #1 composed of 9 women, 7 men, 12 girls and 3 boys.

I expect to double that (slightly more) by the time we close down FE #1.

My goal is to have about 15-20 families in FE #1 and then we can start a 2nd FE and even a 3rd, if needed. I like to keep the size of the FE reasonable, esp for those of us doing home-made crafts.

2. If you haven't joined our Facebook thread ("Nov 2014 -- Four Nights to Dream"), please do so. Either find us on FB and ask to join the group or send me a PM with your full name on FB so I can send you a friend request and add you to the group.

If you don't have 10 posts, you will not be able to PM on Dis. However, feel free to just post away until you get the 10 posts. We understand. You can even just post one sentence but break it up into 10 posts!:goodvibes:rotfl2:

3. For ideas for FE gifts, just google or go to Pinterest or there is even a generic Fish Extender thread on both DIS and FaceBook that covers all FE groups where people like to post what they made or get advice on whether others would like the gift they are thinking of making. Some people really go all out with creative gifts ... others rather purchase gifts ... and others do something in between. There is no right or wrong -- just give what works for your family.

This is just for fun -- and believe, me it is very fun ... esp for the kids but even my DH and I loved looking at all the various gifts each day.

I almost broke down and told her tonight. My goal is to make it to at least Summertime. Aaargh it 's killing me.:hyper2:

I almost broke down and told her tonight. My goal is to make it to at least Summertime. Aaargh it 's killing me.:hyper2:

Well, whenever you tell her (sooner or as scheduled) she is going to be thrilled!!

hey everyone!

I haven't been on here but posted on fb. had a lot going on....

im so glad we have a few boys to hang out with my son lol.

we are staying at the daysinn in cocoa beach before the cruise and after the cruise we are staying at all star movies.

well yesterday I went on the disneystore site and tried to get the elsa dress while it was still around. went to check out and it was sold out boo! I am sure I will get it before nov but im sad lol. Kaylee really wants to dress like her for formal night!

I didn't start on my fe yet lol

I just had to switch to this cruise from a 5 night on the Wonder in October. It will be just my 10 year old daughter and I. No idea about anything on the Dream. I think she would enjoy the FE exchange. Can we sign up?

I just had to switch to this cruise from a 5 night on the Wonder in October. It will be just my 10 year old daughter and I. No idea about anything on the Dream. I think she would enjoy the FE exchange. Can we sign up?

Yay, I'm glad you can join us!

We did the Dream for our first and only DCL so I'm not an expert but feel free to ask away.

Have you been on other DCL before? I've heard that if you started on the smaller ships Wonder and Magic that you 'may' not like the bigger ships since they will feel so much more crowded in some of the areas like pool, slide, cabanas buffet, etc. but you can also enjoy the offerings that the bigger shop has, like more space, more decks, the AquaDuck!!!

What cabin do you have?

I'll add you to the prior posts for the cruise and the FE.

Welcome aboard!

The Dream was our first and only Disney cruise, also, but we loved it! My girls especially loved the Aqua Duck! My oldest was curious if your daughter will be 10 at the time of cruising or 11? :banana:

Hi all! Hubby and I will be on this cruise. 1st cruise for me and 1st Disney cruise for him. Just the two of us - ages 47 and 57 at cruise time. We have an aft cabin #6690 with a verandah. Can't wait to park myself on there watching the water drift by! Anyhow, just thought I'd say "hi". We are doing a WDW trip for 9 days prior to our cruise so it should be one SWEET vacation!

Hi all! Hubby and I will be on this cruise. 1st cruise for me and 1st Disney cruise for him. Just the two of us - ages 47 and 57 at cruise time. We have an aft cabin #6690 with a verandah. Can't wait to park myself on there watching the water drift by! Anyhow, just thought I'd say "hi". We are doing a WDW trip for 9 days prior to our cruise so it should be one SWEET vacation!

Welcome aboard!!

How exciting to have a Disney cruise for your first cruise!

I was looking at those aft cabins and just wondering about them -- like if you miss being able to see where you are going? and if they are more 'rumbly' b/c the engines are back there?

Sometime we will have to try them out. We enjoyed our location so much last year that we chose the exact same room again for this cruise!

OK, I *think* I have updated both the first post with all Dis names/info and the 3rd post which is just for those families participating in the FE.

If you see something that needs to be changed, please let me know.

It's nice to see our cruise slowly starting to fill up!:cool1:

Ok, of course I do not have 10 posts and I cannot find the FB group either. Marshay, can you please add me to the FB group - my name on FB is Loren Marin Stewart. Thanks so much.

My family is getting super excited for this trip. We are flying down on Saturday morning and going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and then Hollywood Studios on Sunday.

Ok, of course I do not have 10 posts and I cannot find the FB group either. Marshay, can you please add me to the FB group - my name on FB is Loren Marin Stewart. Thanks so much.

My family is getting super excited for this trip. We are flying down on Saturday morning and going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and then Hollywood Studios on Sunday.

Welcome aboard!! I just sent you a friend request so I can add you to our FB page.

We, too, are planning to go to the Halloween party on Saturday! We are working on costume ideas now but the front runner so far is Sleeping Beauty/Malificent characters.

Please tell us about your family so I can add the details (DD, DS and ages plus cabin #).

Did you want to join the FE, too?

Sounds like a terrific vacation!! And you'll love the cruise! Dwight and I and 2 daughters went on our first Disney cruise 2 years ago. This year we're taking my sister and it'll be her first time and I'm so excited for her! It looks like you'll be just a few cabins away from us, too....and we're of similar ages. Dwight won't quite be 52, I'll be 47 and my sister will be 60 (but we feel years younger lol :cool1: )

Welcome aboard!! I just sent you a friend request so I can add you to our FB page.

We, too, are planning to go to the Halloween party on Saturday! We are working on costume ideas now but the front runner so far is Sleeping Beauty/Malificent characters.

Please tell us about your family so I can add the details (DD, DS and ages plus cabin #).

Did you want to join the FE, too?

Hi Marshay,

I think you already have us down for the FE, we are on the first page --it's me, DH, DD8 and DD4.

Cool costume ideas, we haven't started on that yet, I am a bit of a procrastinator, lol.

Hi Marshay,

I think you already have us down for the FE, we are on the first page --it's me, DH, DD8 and DD4.

Cool costume ideas, we haven't started on that yet, I am a bit of a procrastinator, lol.

Oops, sorry about that! I took your duplicate entry off the first page. Will add you to the fb group now.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter