November 25th, 2016 - Black Friday on the Wonder

Hi Hiskiesrule, very new to Dis Board only found out about this thread and the fish extenders today while researching info on our recent cruise booking.
I assume it would be too late to join a group for fish extenders gift exchange? Could a stocking count as a fish extender or it has to be pockets like seen on some pictures? It's only me and my DH sailing on November 25th, our stateroom is not assigned yet..
Welcome!!

:welcome: Yes, the FE groups are closed but I can add your info to the pixie dust list if you like. And a stocking can be used as an extender.

Id love to be added to the Pixie Dust list though we don't have our room assigned yet since we booked a guaranteed stateroom. Its only me and my Husband travelling.
When is the deadline to give my stateroom number? I check my cruise info everyday to check if my room is assigned. Thanks!

Id love to be added to the Pixie Dust list though we don't have our room assigned yet since we booked a guaranteed stateroom. Its only me and my Husband travelling.
When is the deadline to give my stateroom number? I check my cruise info everyday to check if my room is assigned. Thanks!

You can get the room # to me as soon as you have it, I assume DCL will assign it before the sailing and from what I have seen posted here it is generally in the afternoon.

I may have interest elsewhere in a small FE group for you so you will need to be at 10 posts so I can get a list to you if you still want to do the FE. Keep in mind you will have to come up with gifts for(maximum) of 4 other rooms. I don’t know that I can get that many to sign up but just so you are aware. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your numbers up but I am going to rush you as this really needs to be done. Let me know if you are interested so I can post elsewhere to see what I can do.

You can get the room # to me as soon as you have it, I assume DCL will assign it before the sailing and from what I have seen posted here it is generally in the afternoon.

I may have interest elsewhere in a small FE group for you so you will need to be at 10 posts so I can get a list to you if you still want to do the FE. Keep in mind you will have to come up with gifts for(maximum) of 4 other rooms. I don’t know that I can get that many to sign up but just so you are aware. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your numbers up but I am going to rush you as this really needs to be done. Let me know if you are interested so I can post elsewhere to see what I can do.

I am interested and have no problem getting gifts together for fellow cruisers :) This is what I had planned to do. Ill try to post on the link you gave me for the 10 posts

Thanks! ;)

Last edited:
I have checked and still have no stateroom assigned but Ill keep checking daily so I can give the info. Im at 12 posts so we should be ok for the basic 10 :santa:
It's only me and my husband travelling, mid 30s! pirate:

I may be absent until Monday...my parents and in-laws are in town to celebrate our daughter's birthday (we're celebrating a week early)!

Looks like there's a change in cruise director--it may be Darren asit was reported that he just came aboard.

I may be absent until Monday...my parents and in-laws are in town to celebrate our daughter's birthday (we're celebrating a week early)!

Looks like there's a change in cruise director--it may be Darren asit was reported that he just came aboard.
Have a great weekend with the family!

I have checked and still have no stateroom assigned but Ill keep checking daily so I can give the info. Im at 12 posts so we should be ok for the basic 10 :santa:
It's only me and my husband travelling, mid 30s! pirate:

What day did you book your cruise. We booked a GTY room a couple of weeks ago and still don't have a room assigned. I keep checking our reservation all the time.

What day did you book your cruise. We booked a GTY room a couple of weeks ago and still don't have a room assigned. I keep checking our reservation all the time.

We booked recently also a guaranteed stateroom. I believe Disney can assign the room even up to 3 days before sailing which would be next Tuesday.

:welcome: Hopefully you and Minnie Mel won't have to keep waiting for a room assignment. It's odd cause my sister got her assignment after a couple days so I don't know what DCL is waiting for:confused3

Formal and semi formal nights question..
Do men have to wear a jacket on formal night or can they wear a shirt and tie?
Is semi formal like khaki and polo for men?

Formal and semi formal nights question..
Do men have to wear a jacket on formal night or can they wear a shirt and tie?
Is semi formal like khaki and polo for men?
It's entirely up to you--DCL only enforces a fancier dress code in Palo (and remy on the dream/fantasy). For formal night you'll see all sorts of dress, ranging from khakis/polo to tuxes. My husband will be one of those guys wearing a tux. For semi formal night he packed a shirt and tie. Other nights he'll wear khakis and polo

Bags are packed (except for the last minute stuff)!!

Our visit with family was wonderful! Our daughter enjoyed all the extra loving from the grandparents, and she enjoyed her cake and ice cream (especially the ice cream)! The best thing about left over birthday cake and ice cream....it's helping me prepare for Friday! Wait....Friday!?! It's so close!!

The last Monday! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and safe travels to the Wonder on Friday. I fly to Texas on Wednesday so you will get a limited response from me after tomorrow. I will try to be at the meet and greet on embarkation day at the Crown and Fin and I will have a paper copy of all the FE groups with me. Please let me know of any room changes as I will have the white board with me and then it will be left on my door for everyone – I am in room 8602 if you need to contact me.

Don’t forget for the FE – please have your extender hanging asap for those who want to get an early start delivering gifts and have all gifts delivered by Thursday(Dec. 1st) afternoon.

As always, feel free to ask me any questions and I can’t wait until Friday!

A big :thumbsup2 to all of those who have helped to keep this thread active(@hamm1207 especially). I was just looking at the main page and we are by far the most chatty!:chat:

Quick reminder for everyone - activity booking and online check in closes Nov. 22nd. Make sure you have everything booked, kids registered(if needed) and print out the form at the end of online check in. Also, don't forget to print any parental forms needed such as allowing someone else to take your child off the ship. I don't think it matters if they are a relative, if they are not listed as in the same room you may need the form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter