November 2021 - Worried!

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
So I'm not worried about the masks or the mandates - so let's get that out of the way first.

I have a small trip for myself and two kids to go for 5 days. Super relaxed trip. I went to go see the price difference if I switched to a deluxe resort since they will have the benefit of later hours (my kids are night owls) and they aren't any available! In fact - not may resorts to choose from! This makes me anxious - what are capacities at the parks? Are they increasing? I'm going the week right before Thanksgiving with the understanding that it wasn't going to be terribly busy but now I'm thinking it will be and to pack more patience.

Any insight would be wonderful!!

my guess is that Disney is going to be busy from the 50th through the end of the year. I think the days of walking onto rides that we saw last year are gone. But I still think as long as you have the right mindset, you will have a wonderful time. I have gone twice since Covid and will be there the week after you this year. My kids and I have had a blast every trip because we didn't go in with the expectation to ride everything without waits, we went in with the expectation to spend quality time together in our favorite place on earth where I'm not constantly checking work emails. :)

I don't think crowds will dissipate any time soon sadly. FP, more restaurants, and other closed attractions need to return to soak up some of the crowds.

my guess is that Disney is going to be busy from the 50th through the end of the year. I think the days of walking onto rides that we saw last year are gone. But I still think as long as you have the right mindset, you will have a wonderful time. I have gone twice since Covid and will be there the week after you this year. My kids and I have had a blast every trip because we didn't go in with the expectation to ride everything without waits, we went in with the expectation to spend quality time together in our favorite place on earth where I'm not constantly checking work emails. :)

I'm hoping not to constantly check work emails this trip! I've told my work I'm disabling Outlook and Teams for that week. Unless the office burns down, don't reach out to me.

I don't think crowds will dissipate any time soon sadly. FP, more restaurants, and other closed attractions need to return to soak up some of the crowds.

I've got a DAS so I'm thankful for that one magic FastPass. I do agree with opening up more closed attractions. They do need something. I read how with FastPass if they notice one side of a park is getting busy, they open up more FastPasses on the other side of the park to move the traffic. Even if it's paid FastPasses they have to do something.

I'm hoping not to constantly check work emails this trip! I've told my work I'm disabling Outlook and Teams for that week. Unless the office burns down, don't reach out to me.

SAME! I work in legal for a large healthcare system and with the current surge, I'm already nervous about what work will bring in November. BUT. they know not to Teams message me and that I refuse to check outlook. I often turn my phone on airplane mode the entire vacation. My husband and kids deserve my undivided attention that week - and I refuse to spend it stressed out about Disney, lines, etc.

We were there this past weekend for 2 days and the parks were very busy by midday. Mornings weren’t too bad and nothing like what I’ve seen in the past for “rope drop” where there are hordes of people. There was a group of us waiting to get in. but totally manageable. I think as others have said the park “looks” more crowded because shows aren’t absorbing people at DHS and at Epcot, there is so much construction (these are the two parks we went to). We got on Soarin’, 15 min wait. I got a boarding group for RoTR and we waited 40 minutes for Smugglers run with posted wait time being 60 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter