• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***November 2016 check in***

Okay guys. Less than 30 days out. I'm trying to figure out what type of food to bring for breakfasts as we're doing this trip on a budget and we don't want to waste money on breakfast. I need something that will last in the car all day on our first day and that we can have enough of to last us for at least 3/4 of our vacation days. Must be nut and egg free due to my son's dietary restrictions. I was thinking banana muffins, but I think my kids will get sick of those after a couple of days. Anything else that would make a good quick breakfast? I don't want to go to McDonalds or buy breakfast in the parks as it gets pricey. We'll do breakfast one day because my kids love the Mickey pancakes, but that's my limit on buying breakfasts.
Things that come to mind would be cereal, muffins or donuts, fruit, if your room has a coffee maker you can use the hot water to make oatmeal. We usually bring a cooler with milk, juice, iced coffee, yogurt, cream cheese for bagels...etc. If your room has a fridge/freezer and a microwave you could do stuff like microwave bacon or jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches. Theres also those shelf stable carnation instant breakfast drinks.

Hoping they realize the large amounts of people that will come the previous weekend for the race and begin showing it for that entire week. Now THAT would be a dream come true.

Couldn't agree more!! I'm super shocked and of course saddened that its not part of the opening weekend festivities! Will continue to cross my fingers and hope that they will see the error of their ways!!
The whole thing is super strange...according to the schedule the holiday parade is only running during the day?!? Wierd!

On the other hand, maybe it just means that there wont be enough of a crowd to warrant more nighttime entertainment........that could be a dream come true as well! Low crowds!! Ha!!!!! :lmao: Far fetched but one can hope for some sort of silver lining right?!?!

On the other hand, maybe it just means that there wont be enough of a crowd to warrant more nighttime entertainment........that could be a dream come true as well! Low crowds!! Ha!!!!! :lmao: Far fetched but one can hope for some sort of silver lining right?!?!

What's so weird is that it IS supposed to be a busy weekend. Veterans Day is Friday and schools are out, AND it's the half marathon, AND it's the beginning of the holiday season!! There has to be some reason - maybe logicistically with the marathon?? - as to why they skipped the OPENING weekend of the holiday season!

What's so weird is that it IS supposed to be a busy weekend. Veterans Day is Friday and schools are out, AND it's the half marathon, AND it's the beginning of the holiday season!! There has to be some reason - maybe logicistically with the marathon?? - as to why they skipped the OPENING weekend of the holiday season!
It could be possible it has to do with the races. The course goes through backstage areas so maybe thats affecting the parade somehow.

So my wife, two daughters (9 & 12) are going out to Disney on Nov. 8th, and will be in the parks on the 9th and 10th, then leaving early the 11th for Universal to see Harry Potter World. I am hoping we will miss the crowds for the races that come in near the end of the week, but we are planning for heavy crowds at Universal. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn off property but from what I hear is a nice short walk into the parks.

We leave for our trip early Wednesday morning!! I'm barely containing myself at work. We always have a title for our trips and we've been trying to think of what to call it this time. In 2013 it was 'Gradupalooza' since it was to celebrate my daughter's graduation. In 2014 it was 'Pixie Dusted' because we had so many nice surprises that trip. My daughter has proclaimed this year's trip to be: 'Two Happy Girls' :cloud9:

I love that we can still have so much fun together even now that she is all growed up. :lovestruc:yay::flower1::sunny:

I'll be a DL next Friday, 11/4. Going on a brief solo trip - 1 day visit only. Driving out to So Cal on Wed for a friend's funeral, which is on Thursday. :-( Going to DL on Friday is going to be my therapy plus a way to remember my dear friend...she was an AP-holder and would go to DL a couple of times a week. It was one of her favorite places on planet Earth. I'm going to go on all of her favorite rides and I'm going to be saying a lot of thank you's to Cast Members because, honestly, they are the reason why her time there was so awesome. I think that I'm going to try and find a Maleficent pin since that was her favorite villain.

We're going to be there on the 28th after visiting family in Mexico. The kids are so excited. My brother is meeting us from Montreal. It's the first time he's been in over 20 years (so.. he qualifies for a first time button, right?), and the kids haven't seen him in two. They're talking about it constantly. My oldest is finally tall enough to do California Screamin', and my youngest now just hits 40" in shoes, so it's going to be a lot of fun.

So my wife, two daughters (9 & 12) are going out to Disney on Nov. 8th, and will be in the parks on the 9th and 10th, then leaving early the 11th for Universal to see Harry Potter World. I am hoping we will miss the crowds for the races that come in near the end of the week, but we are planning for heavy crowds at Universal. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn off property but from what I hear is a nice short walk into the parks.

Are you doing Universal just one day?
I ask because if there's any way you could swing it, the VIP ticket at U was one of the best things we did! We did it last year for my birthday. Your guide takes walks you on to every ride (including in Harry Potter World), a light breakfast, a full lunch by the chef of universal, VIP seating for the Water World show, the bCk lot tour is in a open trolley thing with AC AND you can actually get off the trolley and explore, which you can't do on the normal back lot tour. It was a really great experience. Steep price, but we did everything and then some in just 6 hours.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter