November 2012 Code Watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gorgeous photos, maybe I should convience my future dh to go to the party, we already have all our tickets, the price is worth it to see belle this way

We were at MVMCP in November of 2010. The only character my DD wanted to meet our whole trip was Beast :) We asked around several times and were directed to the Town Hall. We waited not too long (maybe half an hour) to meet Belle and Beast, and when we finally rounded the corner were very disappointed that they were not there! Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora were all there with their princes, but DD was so upset she snubbed Aurora and Prince Philip and didn't even want to stop at the other two princesses... we ended up skipping them! I was told to check back for Belle around the time of the first parade which we were planning on seeing (the second being too late for us with a 2 year old and 5 year old).

Here is a pic of DD giving them the cold shoulder :rotfl2:
608.jpg

Hoping we get to meet them this year!

We were at MVMCP in November of 2010. The only character my DD wanted to meet our whole trip was Beast :) We asked around several times and were directed to the Town Hall. We waited not too long (maybe half an hour) to meet Belle and Beast, and when we finally rounded the corner were very disappointed that they were not there! Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora were all there with their princes, but DD was so upset she snubbed Aurora and Prince Philip and didn't even want to stop at the other two princesses... we ended up skipping them! I was told to check back for Belle around the time of the first parade which we were planning on seeing (the second being too late for us with a 2 year old and 5 year old).

I sure hope you find them this year. We were frustrated with the princess meets at MVMCP on our Dec trip that year. They just didn't seem to have it together. We eventually found who we were looking for but didn't expect to invest so much party time doing it.

How do they define holiday season?

And, it looks like we’ll have plenty to celebrate this holiday season, including the openings of Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern, and Ariel’s Grotto.

If we are there early-mid November, is that "this holiday season"?

Hmm, holiday season would mean earliest is mid november to me, but thats just in my crazy mind, :laughing: hopefully they get to push it up or we see some soft openings since I'll be there earlier, Oct28-Nov3rd, or that they have some pasta options for the night of the marathon since I'll be back for one more day then. :thumbsup2

I forgot about Gaston's Tavern! I cant wait to see all the new stuff! I am going after Thanksgiving and that is right in the middle of 'Holiday season' to me. I consider all the holidays right there together the 'holiday season' Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I know DIsney doesnt consider Halloween a 'Holiday season' but I can hope right?!?!?

I'm not American so I'm not entirely sure what 'holiday season' means. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving and Halloween so I'm not sure what's included. Are we interpreting Thanksgiving as part of the holidays because it's so close to Christmas?

Annoying blog non-announcement.

I'm not American so I'm not entirely sure what 'holiday season' means. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving and Halloween so I'm not sure what's included. Are we interpreting Thanksgiving as part of the holidays because it's so close to Christmas?

Think I read on Disneys food blog:
While we knew before that the restaurants would be opening in late 2012, we now know that Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern will be open for those of you hitting the parks during Christmas break! Yep — according to the Disney Parks Blog, “we’ll have plenty to celebrate this holiday season, including the openings of…Be Our Guest Restaurant [and] Gaston’s Tavern….”

For Disney World, the “holiday season” means anywhere between mid-November to the end of December, but my fingers are crossed that the openings will be a bit earlier!

I think thanksgiving marks the start of traditional US holiday season. Most radio stations that are Xmas devoted start their Holiday music on TG day or the day after. Also, Black Friday shopping is always stated as the start of the Holiday shopping. I think TG-New Years is considered to be Holiday Season in the Northeast.
That's at least the perception in PA. :santa:

I think they are being deliberately vague.

Which is really annoying because they keep saying DATES ANNOUNCED!!! (and they aren't.... that is not a date, that is a season)

608.jpg

Awwww I hope she does

608.jpg

Try looking for the Belle and the Beast in Epcot. We saw them when they were leaving so we asked a cast member who said that the shoulders and head of the Beast are VERY heavy and can only be worn for short periods of time, and then the person has to have a break, and it takes a while to take the gear off and put it back on. The cast member found out when they'd be back and suggested we get in line about 30 minutes prior. We walked around for a while, then got in line. (There were not signs or anything. We stood by the railing where we had seen them earlier.) A handler came out and cut the line off, then Belle came out first and signed autographs for everyone in line, THEN the Beast came out.

We were at a MVMCP in 2010 and got in the Fairy line because we had met all the princesses at character meals. Our line moved very quickly. After about 15 minutes we got to the front of the line and the people at the front of the princess line said they had been waiting for 90 minutes. The cast member said it was because the Beast was there and had to take a break.

I hope your DD gets to meet the Beast this year! :goodvibes

How do they define holiday season?

If we are there early-mid November, is that "this holiday season"?

That's what I asked DH! :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my theory... if at all possible Disney is going to want everything up and running for one of their busiest weeks of the year (Thanksgiving), especially the new BOG restaurant. They aren't going to want to wait until that week to open because they are going to want to have soft opening to work any kinks out. So I think most of it will open by the first part of November. At least that's what I'm hoping since I'll be there Nov 11th!!! :rolleyes1

Several asked who the U.S. defines the "holiday season." For us, it's Thanksgiving through New Years. But thinking about it... (and this helps my theory :rolleyes1 ) Disney's "holiday" season starts with the first MVMCP so that's the first part of November, right?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :confused3 popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter