November 14, 2015 Fantasy Western

WE ARE SO EXCITED.

My wife and I are going on our first Disney Cruise!!!!!

We are flying from Los Angeles to Jacksonville, Fl for a friends wedding and we just had to take the opportunity.
Can anyone suggest the best way from Jacksonville to port?

If any of you want to meet for a drink we will be totally down.

We can not wait to meet all of you!!
We're going on a cruiseeeeeee!!!

Hi all,
Can't wait to get our Disney Cruise on! All four of us can't wait! I'll be traveling with my hubby and two children (girl 10, and son 12 but will be turning 13 on the cruise). My husband were on the Magic for our honeymoon, so it's been sometime since we've been on a cruise. For those of you who are seasoned cruisers, what are the best excursions to go on for some one who can't really do something jarring. I had back surgery, and the doc doesn't want me to do anything to jar my back. But swimming is definitely on the list! So what do you suggest? Would love to hook up with a family that have children so the kids can make new friends. Also, I see people talking on here about a mixology class, and I'm wondering what it is, and if it's what I think it is, I would love to join? Any good tips are welcomed. Can't wait to see you all there!

Hi all,
Can't wait to get our Disney Cruise on! All four of us can't wait! I'll be traveling with my hubby and two children (girl 10, and son 12 but will be turning 13 on the cruise). My husband were on the Magic for our honeymoon, so it's been sometime since we've been on a cruise. For those of you who are seasoned cruisers, what are the best excursions to go on for some one who can't really do something jarring. I had back surgery, and the doc doesn't want me to do anything to jar my back. But swimming is definitely on the list! So what do you suggest? Would love to hook up with a family that have children so the kids can make new friends. Also, I see people talking on here about a mixology class, and I'm wondering what it is, and if it's what I think it is, I would love to join? Any good tips are welcomed. Can't wait to see you all there!
My wife and I went to two mixology classes on the Dream last November. We learned how to make 5 different drinks and one shot, and of course drank said drinks. We made one of the drinks and the shot ourselves. It was a lot of fun, that's why we did it twice (different drinks in each class).

So excited that this is officially a Christmas Cruise with Santa and all the decorations!!!! Can't wait to see the gingerbread house as well. Gotta get busy on our FE gifts....Taking on two groups makes it lots of fun, but lots of work nonetheless.
Happy Cruising to all!!! Can't wait to meet up with y'all!

Last edited:

We're traveling for our first cruise and we're so excited! It will just be us and our 7 year-old (she'll turn 8 on the cruise!). I can't wait!

Is anyone organizing the FE For this cruise? Or shall I take on the responsibility.....i am willing to try...?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I have done it in the past and it was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. My son was always excited to find something hanging outside our stateroom every time we went back. It is absolutely one of the best ideas anyone has come up with! Can I get a roll call of how many people are actually INTERESTED in participating and # of persons per family including age etc. I will begin making an excel template for the list. I will be anxiously waiting for everyones reply! btw the group i participated in previously had over 80 families.!!!!! it was SUPER EXCITING putting the gifts together. I got things like hand crafted picture frames, a lot of magnets, candies from different places around the world, toys just to name a few. any questions, go ahead and ask!!! i work night shift, so my replies will mainly be around this hour LOL!

We would also love to participate in the Fish Extender exchange!
Shannon age 37
Rodd age 47
but mainly we'd be participating for Marley age 7 (turning 8 on the cruise)

This is my first Disney cruise since the Big Red Boat 17 years ago with my family. I am so excited and cannot wait! Even more excited now that we know that it will be a Christmas Cruise!!! My husband and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary and we couldn't think of a better place than with other Disney people who love the same stuff that we do!

Seeing as this is our first Disney cruise...what advice do you have for us newbies?

Thank you all and I can't wait to meet you!

Hi! Sorry it's been a long time sense I was on here. I was out sick for a couple of months. Now that I have my health back on track. I can do my Mickey Dance.:yay::love: My son and I are looking forward to this trip:sail:. After what I have gone through this year. I really need this vacation. My son will be celebrating his 21 st :bday:. Can't wait. Where did that time go? :crazy2: :)

Hi everyone!

My Dad is taking myself, my husband and our two kiddos (aged 5 & almost 7, at cruise time) on our very first Disney World trip AND our very first Disney Cruise!!! We are beyond excited!
We are also happily accepting advice from seasoned cruise veterans... :earboy2:

Thanks!!!

Hey, we made it back to the real world! Getting very excited as we get closer! This will be our one year anniversary from the end of my husbands chemo! And we are doing the Jingle Jungle 5K in Disney World then doing the Castaway Cay 5K to bookend our trip! It will be our first cruise on the Fantasy!

Can't wait for this cruise. Last Disney cruise was 2008. Excited to see the Fantasy. it will be my wife and I and our daughter(5) which will be her first cruise. As well as the in-laws. Hoping my daughter likes the Oceaneer Club. Can't wait to meet some of the fellow DISers!

My son was asking me today if there is looking like there will be some kids his age on this one. He will 11 on this cruise. If anybody has a similar aged son or daughter that wants to PenPal and meet another kid before the cruise shoot me a message and we will put them together!!

ONLY 98 DAYS!!! We are still reviewing the Port Excursions and trying to narrow down to our favorite 2-3 at each port. To those who have been on this cruise before....any pointers? thoughts? ideas for 'must dos' or 'don't dos'? I'm not really wanting to hear any negative stories unless you are CERTAIN that your experience is the same for everyone. (I just don't want this to lead to a 'b... fest.') Thanks for any / all input!!!!

Hi! :rainbow:
Wondering how this FE sign up thing works?
Thanks!
(only 93 more days to go people - WOOOHOOO!!!!)

Hi cruising family! I know we are getting in on this kind of late, but I was wondering what we need to do to included in the FE Exchange as well.
It is my husband, daughter (age 5), and myself. My parents are also going to have a cabin and might want in too :)

Can't wait for this cruise. Last Disney cruise was 2008. Excited to see the Fantasy. it will be my wife and I and our daughter(5) which will be her first cruise. As well as the in-laws. Hoping my daughter likes the Oceaneer Club. Can't wait to meet some of the fellow DISers!
This will also be my daughter's first Disney cruise and she will be 5 years old as well :)

Hi! We will be joining you on this cruise! We cruised last in Nov'13 so very excited to go again. I am trying to book Palo reservations and they say they are full. Last time this happened they opened reservations at odd times for booking. Someone notified the group they had openings. So if anyone sees opening for 2 please let me know! Greatly appreciated:)
Count down is on!
Jennifer
Kevin
Hannah(12)
Hogan(11)
Haxton(9)

Hi! We will be joining you on this cruise! We cruised last in Nov'13 so very excited to go again. I am trying to book Palo reservations and they say they are full. Last time this happened they opened reservations at odd times for booking. Someone notified the group they had openings. So if anyone sees opening for 2 please let me know! Greatly appreciated:)
Count down is on!
Jennifer
Kevin
Hannah(12)
Hogan(11)
Haxton(9)
Brunch or dinner? Dinner is still showing several openings. Brunch is showing full to me.

Hello! My family is so excited for our first Disney cruise in November! Me (44), husband (48), daugher (7), son (5), parents (74). Anyone know if there's a fish extender organized?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter