• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov trip? Read! So pissed.

pixiedust19

ZipAdeeDoDA
We are planing our trip to WDW in early November. We arrive on the 7th and leave the 10th. We are staying on the property and when we booked we were told that we would be granted late access to the park ( park closes at 9pm but we have access until 11pm or 12 can't remember) anyway I was just checking the "things to do" on the website and noticed the Christmas show starts on the 7th... Then I noticed you have to pay for the Christmas show $86 Per person. We just called Disney World to find out if we would still be allowed access to the park without having to pay for the Christmas tickets , NOPE we would have to pay extra for these tickets and on top of that our late access would be denied now instead of being allowed access to the park and wait they're kicking us out early we have to be out by 7 PM now !!! So pissed. To add insult to injury if we were to cancel a reservation now they would charge us $200!!! I have two young children will be in bed by 8 o'clock I don't need tickets to this Christmas show but it would've been nice if me and my husband could go back into the park after we put them down so my parents could watch them and we could have a couple of minutes to ourselves !

Anyone else planning a trip in November? let me know how you're handling this .

This isn't really new information though. Yes, Disney offers extra magic hours (both during the morning and at night) but it varies by day and by PARK. If you check the park calendars you will see which days offer extra hours at which park. Additionally, the Christmas party schedule has been available for quite a while and this is something that is offered every year. They are not "kicking you out"; this is the time the park closes. The party does not run every night, you can try going to Magic Kingdom on a night the party isn't offered. Or do you have park hoppers? If Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm, you can hop to Epcot and spend time with your husband there.

Extra Magic Hours vary by park, day, and am vs pm and never include the parties. It is true you have access to these extra hours but only when they are scheduled.

Extra magic hours have always been different days and different parks. You aren't guaranteed to stay at whatever park you want to later.

Did you book directly through Disney or a TA? I remember ever time I've booked direct the portion about Extra Magic Hours has a * and when you read the fine print there it says to select parks on select days and subject to change.

You still have what Disney promised. ON November 7th you can use EMH at Animal Kingdom to get in from 8am-9am, the 8th is Epcot from 9pm -11 pm, the 9th you can go to Magic Kingdom form 11pm - 1am, and your final day the 10th is Epcot morning from 8am-9am. So during your stay there is still an evening Magic Kingdom extra magic hours.

Sorry you didn't know about the Christmas party. They weren't telling you an untruth when they said you'd have access to Extra Magic Hours as pp's have said; it's just not every day/night at MK. You can check the calendar to see which days have EMH at which parks in the morning (which is an hour prior to opening) and at night (2 hours after regular closing). You do have to be staying on property to use the EMH so it's a perk you're getting.
As for the Christmas party yes, it does stink when it's going on numerous nights of your visit, but again as a pp said those days are known months in advance. If you booked by phone I don't think I've ever heard of the phone CM's telling guests booking during the Christmas party that it's going on, it's just something you'd have to find out by doing research. If your kids are going to be in bed by 8, take advantage of the early EMH's that @wilkeliza posted above as I was typing :)

The Dates for MVMCP have been out since May I believe.
Also park hours are not set in stone and generally are not finalized until just a few weeks prior.
I almost wonder if you had your dates mixed up since on the 9th its open from 8am to 11pm with EMH from 11pm-1am.
If you want to allow it to ruin your trip that is your right.
What I would do however is switch something up a bit.
Go to MK on the 9th instead if possible and have your parents watch the children that evening.
Or just the 2 of you could go to MVMCP that night. It would not be AS costly as it would if all of you went.

We were never informed of this when we booked. We were told we would have magic hours.

And you do. Just not at Magic kingdom during the evening on the 10th.

AK has morning EMH on the 7th.
Epcot has evening EMH on the 8th.
MK has evening EMH on the 9th.
Epcot has morning EMH on the 10th.

I'm glad you have several EMH opportunities to choose from. I hope they work out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter