noticed something disturbing on my May trip.............

When I see behavior like this I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to live with that person or deal with them on a daily basis. If that's how they behave at a theme park you can be sure they are sly and dishonesty in other areas of their life.

Last year I was in the rope drop line for 7DMT and chatting with an extended family in front of me. A father with 2 young daughters in tow and his wife slid into the family group in front of me, put his arm around the elderly mother, and announced it had been a long time since they had last seen each other and wasn't it a beautiful morning. The 2 adult sons of the elderly Mom went ballistic and demanded the man get his hands off their mother. He continued to hold onto the woman and grin as his family cut in. The wives of the 2 sons talked their husbands down b/c they didn't want a physical fight to erupt and the elderly Mom managed to shrug his arm off. The cutters turned their backs to us and we spent the next 20 mins in awkward silence. The 2 adult sons stood on each side of their Mom (who was by this point more than a little rattled) with arms folded within inches of the cutters' backs. No CMs in sight. Just scary and amazing what people will do and the situations they will force their young children into for the sake of one ride.

On our last trip we had a husband/wife in front of us. Apparently they had booked 1 FP for the ride and played dumb when they got up there that the band didn't work, etc. The CM let them through and they were laughing about "another one down". Nice scam going, they got double FP doing it that way and were able to see twice as many rides as the rest of us who book a FP for every person.
I was going to say that couldn't happen with paper FPs, but I suppose it would have been just the same. Get to the ride with one FP for the group and say you didn't realize you needed one for everyone.

Last year I was in the rope drop line for 7DMT and chatting with an extended family in front of me. A father with 2 young daughters in tow and his wife slid into the family group in front of me, put his arm around the elderly mother, and announced it had been a long time since they had last seen each other and wasn't it a beautiful morning. The 2 adult sons of the elderly Mom went ballistic and demanded the man get his hands off their mother. He continued to hold onto the woman and grin as his family cut in. The wives of the 2 sons talked their husbands down b/c they didn't want a physical fight to erupt and the elderly Mom managed to shrug his arm off. The cutters turned their backs to us and we spent the next 20 mins in awkward silence. The 2 adult sons stood on each side of their Mom (who was by this point more than a little rattled) with arms folded within inches of the cutters' backs. No CMs in sight. Just scary and amazing what people will do and the situations they will force their young children into for the sake of one ride.

I'm sorry - you make physical contact with my family and I am going to do something about it - that is ridiculous

I had that once while in line at Under the Sea, The Adventures of Ariel the Little Mermaid and the Quest for More Limbs where two kids were running around, back and forth in line and eventually starting bumping into my kids, nearly knocking them down. I said something and their guardian (it was a big group so not sure if mom or Aunt or whatever) just shrugged and turned back around. Eventually that family got tired of waiting and went through a door marked "CMs only" ... so yeah, bunch of special snowflakes

Agreed Max, touch my wife or my mother and bad things happen. Some day I will tell you about the guys who bad mouthed my wife at 50's Prime Time lounge.

Wow, hearing about people's rude and entitled behavior just makes me ill! (and more than a little angry)( :(

Yet another time my services were not needed.....
Yes Jack, the bartender in her sweetest voice calmed me down and Disney security were there inside of 30 seconds. We were asked to stay at the bar until there left. I am sure your retainer is quite fair, but I would prefer not to need to use it.

I love catching line skippers when i'm in the park. <3 I've gotten them sent out of line. If other guest are pissed and point it out they are more likely to do something. I've also just gone with old school embarrassment when I've seen people do this crap.

I'm sorry - you make physical contact with my family and I am going to do something about it - that is ridiculous

I had that once while in line at Under the Sea, The Adventures of Ariel the Little Mermaid and the Quest for More Limbs where two kids were running around, back and forth in line and eventually starting bumping into my kids, nearly knocking them down. I said something and their guardian (it was a big group so not sure if mom or Aunt or whatever) just shrugged and turned back around. Eventually that family got tired of waiting and went through a door marked "CMs only" ... so yeah, bunch of special snowflakes

Dudes world would have been rocked if that happened to me. I hope he can get out of a rear choke, cuz he would have been unconscious in about 10 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter