Nothing A Little Sangria Can't Fix! A Thanksgiving 2016 Dining Report update 3/21 MK eats

All caught up with a BIG glass of wine. Taking a cue from your report title... Letting a little Sauvignon blanc take the edge off my terrible week so far. Back from Disney hurts!

we're on a quick trip to Disney March 25-28th!
Hooray!!! Nothing better. Y'all are getting as bad as me with all these return trips. R shocked the crap out of me by asking to go to Orlando for his spring break... I am currently on the hunt for a decently priced Bonnet Creek reservation but it's going to be tough work since it's obviously, you know, spring break.... :rolleyes:

Normally I get the Anchors Aweigh sandwich, but I was craving Disney chicken nuggets so that's what I went with:

I don't know what it is about their nuggets but I love them
DISNEYYY SOULMATE! Yes I totally agree. I have to have "Disney nuggets" at least once per trip. They taste so much better at WDW than anywhere else.

Last November he had mussels at 5 WDW restaurants and before that had only had them here. At the end of the trip, the BOG mussels were still #2.
Well that is high praise! I am not much of a seafood eater but I love mussels. I am still mourning the loss of the mussels at the pre-renovation Flying Fish Cafe. They were so good and swimming in pesto broth! What is your family's #1 mussels pick?

In regards to an adults only trip...I think Matt and I just need to figure out a good time to go. Maybe we can sneak down there this summer when the kids are with their grandparents! I carry the guilt around with me like an extra suitcase...I need to drop it like it's hot and live my own Disney life, LOL!!
That mommy guilt really is killer, isn't it? I dream of taking a solo trip or an adults only trip with my sister but I don't think either of us would be able to live with ourselves if we left our 2, 6, and 9 year olds behind. Maybe we can get away with it in like 10-15 years. HAHA

That mommy guilt really is killer, isn't it? I dream of taking a solo trip or an adults only trip with my sister but I don't think either of us would be able to live with ourselves if we left our 2, 6, and 9 year olds behind. Maybe we can get away with it in like 10-15 years. HAHA

The guilt is the worst! I'm making two trips this year without the kids, and I'm panicking pretty hard...DH is perfectly capable of dealing with everything at home, I'm just a control freak!! And I really do feel bad about having fun without them...but I'll be with my mother-in-law for one trip, and my own mom for the other, so it might balance out, LOL!!!

Woohoo!! A March getaway!!

We've been seated in the West Wing and the ballroom...I hope we end up in the Rose Gallery in May, it's so pretty!
Your BOG food looks good! I'm glad Ricky got his Disney mussels fix!! My favorite thing at BOG is the salmon, but Matt had a great steak on our first visit there. The second dinner, the steak was just ok. Not terrible, but not like the first one. X likes the pork, and it's always been consistently good. Since it looks like the salmon is no longer on the menu, I have no idea what I'll order!! Probably steak or pork...but who knows what will be on the menu by May?

I'm trying to remember if X has had the potato leek soup there?? I know he'd love it, it's one of his favorite dishes.

That salad Steve got at CCH looks REALLY good!! If grated parmesan cheese is on something, I am in! I love Disney chicken nuggets, too!

I read this while hungry again...big mistake on my part!!

I've really enjoyed reading your dining reviews and trip reports and thought I would come out of the woodwork and say hello! I'm looking forward to following along for the rest of your reviews!

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been ignoring my poor dining report :( Between basketball for the boys and "work" I've been so busy, and I keep going to my TR first! I need to give this report a little more love lol.

MARCH?? So jealous and so amazing for you guys!!

We love BOG as well and will be hitting it up in May!
I was quite shocked when Steve said he wanted to go BEFORE our May trip, and happily surprised again that we got such great flight prices for both! I haven't made any ADR's for either trip yet-FP's either for that matter, and I think my FP day for March is Tues. or Wed. But I'll probably try to get BOG for May if I can. What night are you going?

I've had the steak twice, and I probably wouldn't get it again. Mine wasn't very good this time, but I'm glad yours was!
It seems to be lots of hits with the steak and then I read about a miss here and there. Ricky really liked his chicken and Steve has had quite a few other entrees and loved them, if anything else on the menu appeals to you :)

Were your fries very salty too? Because mine were really salty in December and I don't remember them being like that before
You know, it's funny you ask that because Nov. was the first time I didn't think the fries were overly salty! I love salt, I eat too much of it, but a few times the fries had a bit too much salt even for me. In Nov. we all commented they seemed to have let up on the salt a bit.

The potato leek soup looked good too though! We got french onion both times.
I do love their french onion! I got the the first 3 or 4x we went there for dinner but kept thinking about the potato leek. Finally tried it in early 2016 and I haven't looked back, but I'm sure at some point I'll get the french onion again.

So excited for your March trip! Our dates overlap a little, but we will be in St Pete while you are in the World...Have an avocado margarita for me...:drinking:
That stinks! Although I'm sure you'll have fun in St. Pete's. And I'll have fun having that margarita for you :drinking1

Woo hoo!!! Also what a steal on your $40 flights. That's amazing!!
We were shocked! Steve caught it on JetBlues website but when he got to the point where he had to pay, it wouldn't let him. So he called and at first they weren't going to honor it because they told him it was a mistake and the sale wasn't starting until the next day. He argued a bit in a nice way and after a few minutes they agreed to honor it :goodvibes

I love CHH. Steve's salad looks really good! I think Disney has the best chicken nuggets. They must have magic in them or something.
LOL pixie dust nuggets!

I haven't been to BOG for dinner in about 2 years
Um, with your Year Of A Million Trips planned, don't you think you should get back there?

I'll tell you what they put in disney chicken nuggets - REAL CHICKEN. The breading is so good too, it's like real fried chicken breading so it is literally the best part of the fried chicken in a convenient package
Yes! I think you hit it on the head!

I actually only had one nugget my whole time there but in considering dining options for our next trip (which will be part land part sea), seriously considering doing the DDP again, maybe the regular this time, which would mean some CS.
That was the only time I had nuggets the whole trip too, and I don't have them every trip. I like lots of other things at the CS (although other than at Epcot we're really not big CS fans), but that day I was feeling them more than the Anchors Aweigh sandwich. Also your land and sea trip sounds awesome!

We are planning for the pre-cruise part 2 days at MK and 1 day at Epcot and BoG figures in heavily since we missed it entirely last trip.
Again, the trip sounds great! I hope you get BOG :goodvibes

Second, you went to BOG and didn't get a cupcake?! And even moreso, not the strawberry cupcake?! Oh man.
I know, Disney fail :blush: I was so full though! And I had a delicious cookie in the backpack.......and......I'm sorry.

CHH just doesn't do it for me. I don't eat tuna, or shrimp, or chicken nuggets (I like to be able to see the chicken I'm eating) or salad.
Wow, not salads either? Off hand I don't remember you eating one so far from your TR but it seems like something you'd eat :) Every place isn't for everyone, for instance we aren't fans of Flame Tree BBQ in AK but tons of people LOVE it. We tried it and I so wanted to love it, but we don't. Same with Kona Cafe breakfast, just not our thing.

BoG on the other hand is always great - that potato leek soup is very good (as is the French onion). I've had the chicken although I think they changed it up since last time
They've definitely changed the chicken dish at least once since they opened and probably more than once. The 2nd or 3rd time we went, so in 2013 or 2014, I had the chicken dish. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but it was a grilled breast with a marinara sauce on it, capers and marinated grilled olives. Very good, but the next time we went it was changed.

Last time we had dinner at BOG the Rose Room was completely deserted too. That's so weird
Isn't it? I guess it all probably has to do with their serving staff but for such an in demand restaurant you'd think they'd do better.

My server brought me a small cup of the potato leak to try. It was yummy but I prefer the French Onion.
That's cool! And they didn't charge you for it, right? I had no idea they'd do that but that's great.
This hurts my heart. :rotfl2:You told me such great things about the strawberry cupcake and you didn't even get one! It really was amazing and I may or may not crave it at least once a day!
OMG Whitney you made me feel so guilty :sad: LOL, just kidding! It IS great, and you know that now because of ME! I was just so full......but as I did in my comment to @Imagineer5, I apologize :guilty:

Food looked great at BOG. We haven't eaten there yet and are hoping to for our trip in June. Just need an ADR to open
Have you managed to get a reservation yet? I really hope you do!

I've seen you make this "typo" before and it makes me laugh everytime! :)

I think you mean to use the word "gristle". If you google "grizzle", you'll see why it makes me laugh :jester:
OMG, I most definitely have to go look up "grizzle" but yes, I meant "gristle". Thanks for embarrassing me :P No seriously, I'm glad you pointed it out so I don't continue making an a** of myself lol, and I'm glad you're reading :)

All caught up with a BIG glass of wine. Taking a cue from your report title... Letting a little Sauvignon blanc take the edge off my terrible week so far. Back from Disney hurts!
Ah, much like the one I just had with dinner. Since I'm answering this so late and your terrible week has passed, I truly hope this week is better! It does suck being just back from Disney :sad1:

Hooray!!! Nothing better. Y'all are getting as bad as me with all these return trips
LOL yeah, the thing is that you get to drive so you don't have to spend $$ on airfare! Or line up people to stay with your kids!

R shocked the crap out of me by asking to go to Orlando for his spring break... I am currently on the hunt for a decently priced Bonnet Creek reservation but it's going to be tough work since it's obviously, you know, spring break.... :rolleyes:
I love it when it's the one who is a bit LESS of a Disney fan who requests the trip :thumbsup2 When is his spring break? Would it be late March by any chance???

DISNEYYY SOULMATE! Yes I totally agree. I have to have "Disney nuggets" at least once per trip. They taste so much better at WDW than anywhere else.
Well as @Vernie822 says, Disney must put magic in them pixiedust: The chickens they kill to make them are magical chickens :rotfl:

Well that is high praise! I am not much of a seafood eater but I love mussels. I am still mourning the loss of the mussels at the pre-renovation Flying Fish Cafe. They were so good and swimming in pesto broth! What is your family's #1 mussels pick?
Well in Nov. 2015, the five places Ricky ate mussels were BOG, Narcoosee's, Restaurant Marrakesh, Fultons, and Trattoria Al Forno. BOG was #2 and surprisingly, Marrakesh was #1! Narcoossee's was a very close 3 though. Steve also loved them at Marrakesh and Narcoossee's (and BOG) and thought Fultons were also really good. I'm thinking we'll end up trying Paddlefish whenever it opens. We all really enjoy Marrakesh overall, have you been there?
Oh and Ricky really doesn't eat seafood either, just mussels, sometimes a bit of fried shrimp, and of course Narcoosee's lobster mac & cheese.

I hear you! The first time we did an adults only trip the boys were 9 and almost 13 and I did feel lots of guilt, especially with Chris. He called us like, 10x a day! The 2nd time was a year later and the guilt was a tiny bit less; the third time was this past Aug. Ricky was 14.5 and wanted to stay around his friends anyway, and Chris didn't want to go without his brother so the guilt was pretty much non-existent lol. We did actually ask if they wanted to go with us in May, but they'd miss 1.5-2 days of school and neither of them wants to do that so, OK! But when they were as young as yours I wouldn't have been able to do it.

The guilt is the worst! I'm making two trips this year without the kids, and I'm panicking pretty hard...DH is perfectly capable of dealing with everything at home, I'm just a control freak!!
I'm the same way! Steve does fine but I need to have control over every little detail and have things done a certain way, so I get.......um......touchy? OCD-like? Possibly even bi***y lol. The only thing I'm dreading about the training next month is that I'll feel the need to call home constantly to make sure things are getting done "my way". When my mom is with the boys and Steve and I are away together, I feel a little more confident than when Steve is with them!

And I really do feel bad about having fun without them...but I'll be with my mother-in-law for one trip, and my own mom for the other, so it might balance out, LOL!!!
Ha, it probably will! Seriously though, at least by the 2nd trip I think your guilt will be gone or much less.

We've been seated in the West Wing and the ballroom...I hope we end up in the Rose Gallery in May, it's so pretty!
I know I said this to someone else recently, but you CAN request a certain room at check in. They won't always be able to accommodate you and even if they can they'll probably say you'll have to wait a bit longer past your ADR time, but it's worth a shot if you really want the Rose Gallery :goodvibes

Your BOG food looks good! I'm glad Ricky got his Disney mussels fix!! My favorite thing at BOG is the salmon, but Matt had a great steak on our first visit there. The second dinner, the steak was just ok. Not terrible, but not like the first one.
That's like @Raeven's experience :( I guess it's hit and miss with the steak? And we've been lucky enough to always get a hit lol.

That salad Steve got at CCH looks REALLY good!! If grated parmesan cheese is on something, I am in! I love Disney chicken nuggets, too!
He really loved that salad! I'm with you on the parmesan cheese too :D

I've really enjoyed reading your dining reviews and trip reports and thought I would come out of the woodwork and say hello! I'm looking forward to following along for the rest of your reviews!
Well I'm so glad you did and :welcome: I hope you do continue to following along :)

We are going to BOG for dinner our first night - May 20th! I think it is a good opening trip meal - castles and more castles! Quick jaunt from the Poly so we are all very excited. I am a crazy planner so had our ADR's booked pretty much at 180 - leaving 179 days to change them! :rotfl2:

We are going to BOG for dinner our first night - May 20th! I think it is a good opening trip meal - castles and more castles! Quick jaunt from the Poly so we are all very excited. I am a crazy planner so had our ADR's booked pretty much at 180 - leaving 179 days to change them! :rotfl2:
I normally plan our meals at 180 or VERY close to it when we go with the boys, and I definitely plan them at 180 for our Thanksgiving trips! When it's just Steve and I I've found I don't have to as the places we eat don't generally fill up. In fact, on our first kid-free trip in March 2015, we got BOG dinner around 4:15-an 8:45 reservation, so on the late side but not a problem since no kids :thumbsup2 I am thinking March might be slightly more booked since it's already into spring break time so I should probably take a look sooner than later!
However it doesn't matter how late I book them, I still make those changes lol!!

Ok, so I am glad for the shrimp mac n cheese review b/c it is not at all what I pictured and I had it as a maybe on our CHH list. I'm glad it wasn't the Lobster Roll that wasn't good (though I have heard mixed reviews) bc the plan is to get two meals to share between DH and me: the Lobster Roll and I guess the fried shrimp, since the shrimp mac n cheese doesn't seem too great.

BOG dinner looks very good. We will have to dinner there, eventually. However, I'll be sticking to the French Onion soup, I think. And definitely getting that strawberry cupcake! ;)

Oh and I already mentioned on your TR, yay for more Disney. Oh and I've mentioned somewhere about how much I love slushy anything!

Ok, so I am glad for the shrimp mac n cheese review b/c it is not at all what I pictured and I had it as a maybe on our CHH list. I'm glad it wasn't the Lobster Roll that wasn't good (though I have heard mixed reviews) bc the plan is to get two meals to share between DH and me: the Lobster Roll and I guess the fried shrimp, since the shrimp mac n cheese doesn't seem too great.
Yeah you're probably better of going with the fried shrimp since even Steve wasn't a fan of the shrimp mac n cheese. He's gotten the lobster roll there before and enjoyed it so hopefully that'll be a good choice.

BOG dinner looks very good. We will have to dinner there, eventually. However, I'll be sticking to the French Onion soup, I think. And definitely getting that strawberry cupcake! ;)
You can't go wrong with the french onion soup! I love theirs, I'm just partial to cream soups. And next time we're there I won't be skipping the strawberry cupcake since @Whit64130 and @Imagineer5 called me out on my TR for not getting it this time :rolleyes1

Yeah you're probably better of going with the fried shrimp since even Steve wasn't a fan of the shrimp mac n cheese. He's gotten the lobster roll there before and enjoyed it so hopefully that'll be a good choice.

I'm looking forward to trying it out!

You can't go wrong with the french onion soup! I love theirs, I'm just partial to cream soups. And next time we're there I won't be skipping the strawberry cupcake since @Whit64130 and @Imagineer5 called me out on my TR for not getting it this time :rolleyes1
You needed to be called out for that! Haha!

Finally all caught up (before I ya know go somewhere and fall behind yet again). Glad you enjoyed another avocado margarita!!!! And those churros look delicious. Not sure how I've never had those.

Speaking of never had, hoping we will finally get to DTD on our trip next month. Casey has never been if that tells you how longs its been :-) And now I know where we are going for desserts. Your cake looks amazing!!!!

I can't believe BoG was so empty. With all the hoopla to get in I would have expected a full house. Glad Ricky got his mussels. Can't wait to see who wins the mussel wars this trip.

And congrats on another trip. And here I thought I was the one with the problem. :P

Animal Kingdom:
Starbucks, Harambe Market, Pizzafari, Yak&Yeti
and a little ice cream.

and sangria :drinking1

Hi guys, it seems like it's been a long time since I've updated this! Trying to get as far into it as I can before I go away next month. I finally put together a plan for Steve and I's March WDW trip and made fp's but I need to go shopping for some stuff for Universal. I'm thinking since currently all my purses are Disney I should probably buy a new, non-Disney one for the trip :rotfl2:
Back to food! We were going to Animal Kingdom for the first time this trip and I had lots and lots I wanted to get done. Normally we don't spend a whole day here but there were things we hadn't done in awhile I wanted to do, plus a couple things Steve and I had done in August (EE at night, tree of life awakenings) I wanted the kids to catch. We arrived about an hour after opening and after one ride on EE for Ricky and I, the eating machine I call my eldest was hungry. To satisfy him we traipsed back toward the entrance so he could get his Starbucks fix:

Very simple cheese danish and a turkey bacon egg and cheese sandwich. Ricky gets this sandwich at home all the time, and since Steve works for Starbucks I do mean all the time. I on the other hand have never had their danish; it wasn't bad but it certainly was no Disney Danish! I had a cappuccino, Steve got his coffee and Ricky got water. Chris was sulking because he hadn't wanted to come to Starbucks so he got nothing.

I won't go into tons of detail here, but today was the day my wonderful family decided to be anything but cooperative about 45 minutes after we got to the park. Nobody wanted to do anything; whatever I asked, all I got in response was, "well what do YOU want to do?" or "If you want to do it we'll do it" :headache: I find that so incredibly annoying!! We spent way too much time wandering and tempers were short all over the place. For awhile I tried keeping calm because it's never fun arguing with everyone on vacation. However it's also not fun doing something NOBODY else in your group wants to do and it's definitely not fun when nobody will tell you what they want to do. So by about noon I basically walked off by myself and grabbed this from Harambe Market:

I love sangria and will pretty much order it if it's on the drink menu at a restaurant or at any stand around WDW. I've had it quite a few places around Epcot and they make a good one in the Territory Lounge over at the Wilderness Lodge. However I think this is my favorite on property sangria to date, which I tried for the first time back in Aug. Let me tell you, it took the edge off! I sat in the market and enjoyed it while the family wandered around me, coming near me every once in awhile and then walking away when I paid no attention to them. And by them I do mean the other 3 members of my party, not just 2!
I downed this pretty quickly towards the end so we could make our Kali River FP. Ricky had been hungry before I got my sangria (because when is he not hungry) and now he was starving. I knew what I wanted but it wasn't what they wanted, so while I went back to Harambe Market Steve took the boys over to Pizzafari. I ordered the same thing I'd gotten in Aug:

Beef and pork sausage fried in curry corn batter, served with green papaya slaw and black eyed pea salad
I love this, the sausage, this BIG sausage ;), It's nice and juicy (stop it! you're going to make me go where I went with the nuts!) and I absolutely love the corn breading on the outside. I'm also a huge fan of the slaw and ate it all. Oh and yeah, that's another sangria with my food. I figured it could only make things better!
Meanwhile the guys were still on line when I got there, after having waiting on my own line and walked from Harambe to Pizzafari. It was 2:00 but the QS locations were still really packed. Steve and Ricky had both gone with the Hearts of Romaine salad:

Fresh hearts of romaine with herb marinated chicken breast, crunchy croutons and caesar dresssing.
They both enjoyed it and as far as counter service goes, they felt it was better than other QS salads they've had. Dressing was flavorful and actually tasted like caesar, the lettuce was fresh and crisp and the chicken tasted like chicken :thumbsup2
Chris got the pepperoni flatbread:

Standard flatbread. He enjoyed this and ate a good amount of it; Steve and I each had a bite and it actually wasn't that bad, not as good as Pinocchio's flatbreads but not as terrible as Disney pizza in general. So overall they were happy with Pizzafari and I was more than happy, again, with Harambe Market.
Now that everyone was happy and not hungry (for the moment) I figured we'd be able to enjoy what was left of the day. Ricky and I rode EE (again) twice since Chris won't ride and Steve didn't feel like riding today:

Ricky looks so incredibly weird in this picture!
Since I posted a picture of Ricky and I above, here's one of Chris and I waiting outside ITTBAB:

And after that, things started to fall apart again but we weren't near Harambe Market/my sangria. We had some time until our safari FP and almost 90 minutes until our dinner at Yak and Yet which Steve was saying we should skip as he was still full from lunch. I wasn't full at all and had made that particular reservation because he'd mentioned wanting to eat there again. I also knew that, if we didn't eat there and just headed over to Disney Springs, we'd get there, everyone would be starving, and we wouldn't be able to agree on where to eat. Anyone else been there, done that? So after going back and forth in a sometimes not pleasant way, Ricky and I decided we would be eating at Y&Y and if anyone else didn't want to, they were more than welcome to exit the park without us.
After the safari and forcing everyone to watch some street entertainment or close their eyes while I did, we all went to our Yak and Yeti ADR. I was looking forward to this because I wanted to order something that was an offering at Harambe Market (no, not the sausage!)
Pretty much everyone was in the mood for something "different" to drink; Steve got a Lucky Buddha beer:

in a neat bottle. He loved this. I wasn't in the mood to try his drink :snooty: or anyone else's for that matter, so I concentrated on my own which for some reason I can't find a picture of! But I got a Big Bamboo: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Don Q Cristal Rum, Banana Liqueur and tropical fruit juices.
Christopher and Ricky both got the Cherry Berry Lemonade:

I didn't taste this either but they both finished theirs and Ricky got another.
For our entrees I got the Chicken Tikka Masala:

Boneless chicken marinated in yogurt and freshly ground herbs cooked in a traditional Masala sauce, jasmine rice, garlic naan bread
This was absolutely amazing! Steve had gotten chicken tikka masala at Harambe Market back in August, I tasted that and loved it, so when I saw it was on the Y&Y menu I was hoping it was the same or at least close. It was even better! The sauce was thick but not too thick, real spicy but not burn your mouth spicy and it was perfect for dipping the naan bread that it came with in. I finished it all :thumbsup2
Steve got the Shrimp Lo Mein:

Lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, been sprouts and shrimp.
And he loved this, too, as basic as it is. I'm sorry I can't get any more descriptive but he's not home and I didn't write any notes!
Ricky got the Kobe burger:

10oz. grilled Kobe beef burger, sesame soy sauce, mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries; topped with choice of ****ake mushroom and scallion compote or Asian slaw.
Ricky thought this was one of the best burgers he'd ever had-minus both the slaw and the compote. I didn't think he'd like the sesame soy sauce but he did. Steve tried a bite because he has a running joke with his brother about Kobe beef and he said yes, it was 10x better than your average burger. Ricky also loved the fries which were, indeed, crispy ;)
So far we're 3 for 3! Now we get to Chris who didn't like anything on the menu, so he ordered the kids cheeseburger:

Easy: cheeseburger, non-Kobe, and crispy shoestring fries.
Chris loved the fries and I'll admit, all of us except Steve like these skinny fries more than the thicker cut fries. Other than that, Chris was totally disappointed in his meal. His little old kids burger may not look much smaller than the Kobe, but it was. But it's a kids meal! Steve took a bite and said it tasted fine but Chris insisted it was steps below what he's accustomed to and deserved of :charac2: Our server came by and noticed Chris had only taken one bite of his burger but had eaten most of his fries and also eaten his gogurt that came with it, and offered him another gogurt, so his dinner consisted of some fries and 2 squirty yogurt pouches. I did not care at all.
None of us had gotten appetizers and this was partly because it hadn't been that long since our last meal but also because I was determined to have dessert, the REAL reason I agreed to book it for Steve. Behold:

Fried Wontons: Skewers of pinapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle.
This was our 2nd time having this and as some of you know it's almost dessert perfection (still don't think anything beats Narcoossee's almond-crusted cheesecake!) I'm not a fruit person but if I have to eat it, I normally pick pineapple so it's right up my alley. Cover it with sweet vanilla sauce? OK! The wontons are my favorite part other than the sauce but it's nice to have the pineapple to break it up. Also, these were some of the sweetest strawberries I've had, and that was before I rolled them in the sauce!!
I was willing to share but nobody really liked it except Steve so I got most of it to myself. As I was finishing up, our server brought us our fortune cookies. I don't know whose is missing but this is what 3 of us got:

SO happy together, especially today :flower1::daisy:Also I do remember the magnetic personality one was Chris's :rotfl:

We spent another hour in the park after dinner and actually left on a positive note. Once back at the resort Steve and Ricky decided they were now ready for dessert so Steve suggested to Ricky that they try something new, and they walked over to Ample Hills Creamery. This was already open back in Aug. when Steve and I came down but we didn't make it over. I was kind of not happy they were going over when I was too full to snack, but I made up for it later on in the week.
Ricky got your standard cotton candy and Steve got a combination of 2 flavors:

Ricky didn't seem to think it was anything special although he really liked it, he just didn't feel it was tons better than other cotton candy ice cream he's had. Steve thought it was great, very creamy, and his favorite was the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. I tried a spoonful of each and had to agree with him, even though I almost always go for any ice cream that has peanut butter in it. Steve and I discussed whether we thought it was better than Beaches and Cream (because ice cream discussions are important adult topics) and we decided it's not necessarily better, just different. Beaches and Cream has your regular ice cream flavors that they make into great sundaes with all those yummy toppings. Ample Hills has a couple familiar flavors like a cookies and cream type flavor and the peanut butter one, but most are more unique and interesting on their own without all the toppings. I think it's just a matter of what you prefer.

As you can probably tell everyone was listening to me better by dinner time so the night ended well. Despite my aggravation we had a good day food-wise, and I'll forever be thankful sangria was there to save my family from me :love1:

topped with choice of ****ake mushroom and scallion compote or Asian slaw.
First off, let me say how glad I am that the Dis censored your report so I didn't have to see a curse word in the middle of another word. :rotfl2:

Now, onto the food...lol.

I don't think I'll be getting anything breakfast wise at Starbucks while at Disney, but it's good to know they have regular, simple breakfast sandwiches in case Chad does. Me, I plan to hit up Kusafiri - which I know you had hoped to visit again before Ricky derailed you! I showed Chad the Kusafiri menu and he picked a basic croissant. Seriously? Ok, whatever you want. Lol.

You know my feelings on sangria, in general, and on you getting 2 on this day! :thumbsup2

Not sure what I think about your Harambe Market meal...not a sausage fan here...but that salad from Pizzafari looks good!

And you may remember, Y&Y is not really a favorite of mine. I think my dad got the Kobe beef burger there and liked it. I don't really have any complaints about it but nothing stood out as great, either. Even that dessert, that I didn't like nearly as much as I thought I would. Not sure why but the place just doesn't excite me. But I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

That ice cream looks good. We will definitely not have a chance to try that in June but the next, next trip, if we stay at BC or BW, I'll put it on the list. ;)

Glad the day ended better than it seemed it was going to!

I sat in the market and enjoyed it while the family wandered around me, coming near me every once in awhile and then walking away when I paid no attention to them.

Oh I SO feel you on this one...had a couple of those moments myself during our October trip! It's like fine, if nobody is going to listen I'll just be over here enjoying myself (and a delicious beverage) and you can let me know when you're ready to get with the program! Glad it's not just my family :rolleyes:

I am trying to fit Yak & Yeti into our September trip but I just don't think I can make it work. The chicken tikka masala is what I would have ordered, though! We already have quite a bit of ice cream on our agenda, but I'm hoping to check out Ample Hills. I'm more of an "ice cream purist" (rather than sundaes and lots of toppings) so it definitely appeals to me and I'm sure Sean would *love* that cotton candy flavor :)

Awesome update!

Love all your pics and very happy the day ended well :hug:
Your meal at Y&Y looks so good the Chicken Tikka Masala yummy. I know Kathy would be happy with either the Lo Mein or the Kobe burger.
Your fortunes were priceless especially after the day you had :rotfl:
We are deciding between the Poly and BC for Thanksgiving this year. The pics from Ample Hills are giving the BC an edge ::yes::
Looking forward to your next installment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter