Note to Resort Guests (with Booked Packages) Heading to Parks First

matt1979

Mouseketeer
Maybe this is common knowledge...but I didn't see anything about it anywhere prior to our trip. If you are staying on-site, doing online check-in and headed to the park first...there's a good chance you'll have issues entering the park before 10-11am. We had issues at AK yesterday when we got to the gates around 9:30. Ended up waiting in line for Guest relations for 25 minutes to get things resolved. I was told online check-ins don't get processed before 10am so tickets and aren't activated until then. I guess Disney assumes most people are flying in and aren't likely to arrive to parks early...but for our family which flew into Tampa a couple days prior to visit family...then drove over early yesterday, it was obviously an issue. Another CM told me this was something WDW is working to resolve...until then you think they'd put a disclaimer during the online checkin process instead of just the blanket statement saying "you can go directly to the parks." Just a heads up to any other resort guests who may have similar plans.

I've never had a problem going to the parks early before checking in but I do physically go to the front desk of the resort and let them know I'm there even if I do on line check in. I drive down and do split stays and sometimes there is a chance a room is ready early. I do have APs but my son used to just have regular tickets and he never had a problem. Might be the kind of tickets you had?

Maybe this is common knowledge...but I didn't see anything about it anywhere prior to our trip. If you are staying on-site, doing online check-in and headed to the park first...there's a good chance you'll have issues entering the park before 10-11am. We had issues at AK yesterday when we got to the gates around 9:30. Ended up waiting in line for Guest relations for 25 minutes to get things resolved. I was told online check-ins don't get processed before 10am so tickets and aren't activated until then. I guess Disney assumes most people are flying in and aren't likely to arrive to parks early...but for our family which flew into Tampa a couple days prior to visit family...then drove over early yesterday, it was obviously an issue. Another CM told me this was something WDW is working to resolve...until then you think they'd put a disclaimer during the online checkin process instead of just the blanket statement saying "you can go directly to the parks." Just a heads up to any other resort guests who may have similar plans.
Need to include this is ONLY for packages. Room only with separate tickets do not have this issue

Matt, have you been able to post this on the Resorts Board?

Leaving on TPAS so that guests who have booked Packages - room and tickets - know to be aware in case their early arrival isn't processed correctly.

Thank you OP for this. In May we will be taking a towncar from Universal to CSR, the plan was just to drop the bags extra early and hit the bus so we could make RD at DHS. Guess I'll have to go in to the desk to be sure our package is active.

Need to include this is ONLY for packages. Room only with separate tickets do not have this issue
But it could be an issue if you are trying to use morning EMH. We will be doing so on checkin day, and I have planned on going by the resort first just to be safe. We are staying offsite arrival night, then moving to the Pop.

I spoke with several different ticketing and reg. Disney agents regarding something similar to this. We're going down in November with a package deal booked through Disney. Some other family members will be going down a few days earlier than our package reservation starts, staying on Disney property, but through renting DVC points. They want to be able to use the package park tickets before that part of the reservation begins so they wouldn't have to purchase 2 separate tickets (thus being able to take advantage of the consecutive ticket days which lower the cost from having to buy 2 separate tickets for the same trip). The official word was that for package tickets, you can activate them up to 10 days prior to the first date of your package by either going to Guest Services or the Concierge at your resort. Once you first use them however, they will still expire 14 days from first use as usual. The key they stressed was that they MUST be activated first before you use them if it is before your package date, and it can only be up to 10 days prior.

OP I know this isn't your situation exactly since you were checking in that day :) but just thought this information might be helpful to someone else!

But it could be an issue if you are trying to use morning EMH. We will be doing so on checkin day, and I have planned on going by the resort first just to be safe. We are staying offsite arrival night, then moving to the Pop.

We didn't have a problem going straight to morning EMH before the resort in November.

We did not have a problem with online check-in, bypassing front desk, dropping bags off at rooms, and heading to parks with ENTRY at 9 a.m. We did have issues with bands accessing dining plan and charging privileges. That stank! They finally sorted it all out on the second day after a visit to the front desk. They were also very generous in compensating us for time/convenience lost.

We did not have a problem with online check-in, bypassing front desk, dropping bags off at rooms, and heading to parks with ENTRY at 9 a.m. We did have issues with bands accessing dining plan and charging privileges. That stank! They finally sorted it all out on the second day after a visit to the front desk. They were also very generous in compensating us for time/convenience lost.

We also had that issue with DDP...I know for a fact I had the PIN setup, but that also wouldn't work...which meant another trip to guest relations later that day. They reset the PIN and it's been fine since. But definitely a hassle. Not sure I would've gone to the resort first even with this knowledge...but would've been nice to know ahead of times we might have issues

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter