Not sure what to do???

tink2837

Earning My Ears
I currently have a room only reservation, that I won in a contest that can not be altered or upgraded. I just received a PIN for the free dining plan. It got me curious and I began researching prices and thinking about things. I honestly think that the free dining PIN offer would be cheaper for us in the long run. Can I have two rooms in my name? I may just not take advantage of the "contest" room, but I would hate to waste it.

I think my options are:
1. Cancel contest room. Book free dining for the four of us(2 adults, 2 teenagers).
2. Keep the contest room for me by myself (nice and quiet getaway). Book free dining for the other three family members and pay OOP for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

I don't see why not, you be going at different dates. MHO

Ok I just re read your post. I am not sure of this then. I thought you were going down alone. You could call Disney & ask. Or put one ressie in your name & the other in DH & you OOP

If it is truly not much, if any, of a savings for the contest room vs. free dining I'd go with free dining. In contests, winnings over a certain $$ amount (not sure where the cutoff is) you have to pay income tax on the retail value of the prize.

Just a thought.

Also you may want to consider where you are staying (that you won).
If you are staying as Deluxe level giving that up for free dining may not be beneficial to you.
What I mean is if it were me and I had won a deluxe resort and had to pay for dining vs staying value and having FD, wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

I guess without knowing more info on where you are staying and for how long it is hard to "guestimate" as what I would do.
With that said, instead of looking at the monetary value look at what you "want" to do instead?????

Good luck, enjoy it is pretty cool to have won a DW trip!

The contest room is for ASMu, which is the same thing for the free dining room. I am leaning towards doing both and just paying for my meals OOP. The extra bathroom is really enticing. I keep changing my mind. :upsidedow

I also won a contest room...:) I ended up just going for two weeks instead of one!

I would keep the contest room for you and hubby, and let the teens have the other room. Ask for them to be adjoining or connected. Then pay OOP for the person who is ordering the cheapest meal. For instance, if you want a steak, and one of the kids wants a burger, pay OOP for the burger.

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if your free contest rooms were from the lastminutetravel promotion. I also won a room, and I am not sure if we have any options to "tweak" the reservation.

P.S. I love this site...very helpful!

:confused3

I agree with BYC also at counter service meals you can share with the others in your party and not have to pay oop at all if everyone doesn't have a huge appitite. One more tip for counter service if you want to share one person can order a double cheeseburger and then you can order an extra bun and split it that way. If you do decide to do that make sure you put your hubby in the room with your teens instead of in your room so he gets the meal. One other idea not sure if it would work or not but you could make up a 4th person to put on the ressie in the other room since you have to buy tickets for yourself anyway. Or maybe you can "sublet" your free room for the week to offset the cost of paying for the other room. Or like someone else on here said just go for 2 weeks instead of one! (that's my favorite idea!!!)

I would book a second room with free dining. You'd have more space, an extra bathroom, and only have to pay OOP for one person's meals.

We have decided to do the free dining and the contest room. The extra bathroom to get ready is just too appealing. :banana:

Yes the contest room was from Last Minute Travel contest. From what I understand in the rules you can not make any adjustments to the room reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter