Not digging the “no carpeting” new trend

I just think it's funny how one of the predominant thoughts people have about a hotel room is "bodily fluids everywhere!" I mean, OK, sure, but there are only so many invisible things I can worry about in my life. I'm not playing The Floor is Possible Microscopic Remnants of Bodily Fluids Lava on vacation.

To each their own, though.

I just think it's funny how one of the predominant thoughts people have about a hotel room is "bodily fluids everywhere!" I mean, OK, sure, but there are only so many invisible things I can worry about in my life. I'm not playing The Floor is Possible Microscopic Remnants of Bodily Fluids Lava on vacation.

To each their own, though.
Yeah, if you are that worried about body fluids that have evaporated then by an RV.

Yeah, if you are that worried about body fluids that have evaporated then by an RV.
If you are that concerned about falling on a laminate wood floor, then buy an RV.

Thats not an legitimate comeback for someone not liking a floor surface. It sounds just as ridiculous when I say it back to you. Most hotels worldwide have moved away from carpeting, and have been doing so for 5-10 years now. I don’t get the uproar this is causing now, like people are just realizing it? This is the trend for everything, home purchases, home renovation, hotels, workplaces, etc.

If you are that concerned about falling on a laminate wood floor, then buy an RV.

Thats not an legitimate comeback for someone not liking a floor surface. It sounds just as ridiculous when I say it back to you. Most hotels worldwide have moved away from carpeting, and have been doing so for 5-10 years now. I don’t get the uproar this is causing now, like people are just realizing it? This is the trend for everything, home purchases, home renovation, hotels, workplaces, etc.
Poor comeback. Not sure how an RV would be any softer than a laminate floor.

At least with germs, your own RV is a lot cleaner than a room that thousands have people have slept in. You must admit that.

I really hate the stained and sealed concrete floors though, the vinyl planks are OK. I have a nice rental duplex that was built during the stain and seal fad. It already had tenants so I left it until they moved out, then put in vinyl wood planking. Sealed concrete doesn't really hold up well with heavy use, unless it is resealed often, they may be sorry they didn't go with an inexpensive vinyl planking in the value resort.

At least with germs, your own RV is a lot cleaner than a room that thousands have people have slept in. You must admit that.

Just like you must admit that if someone vomits or spills on a hard floor, it’s much easier for housekeeping and the guest to clean effectively vs. a carpeted floor. There is no arguing that. Carpet cannot be deep cleaned as easily and regularly as hard floors can.

Just like you must admit that if someone vomits or spills on a hard floor, it’s much easier for housekeeping and the guest to clean effectively vs. a carpeted floor. There is no arguing that. Carpet cannot be deep cleaned as easily and regularly as hard floors can.

Oh we know that. It's basically another cost saving measure by Disney.

As Motel 6's 2008 Phoenix Project concluded, the saving on labor/cleaning from vinyl was the main impetus for them to go to ditch carpet for vinyl.

I think I like the wood floors in the refurbished Pop rooms. And I always request top floor (to lower the risk of upstairs now and to get some stair exercise).

One time I was staying at a hotel somewhere, it was carpeted and it looked clean. I dropped some crumbs or something on the floor and I tried to sweep it up with my hands. You would be very surprised at the amount of hair and stuff that came out. Way more than the crumbs. Since then I will never again trust a hotel carpet.

Oh we know that. It's basically another cost saving measure by Disney.

As Motel 6's 2008 Phoenix Project concluded, the saving on labor/cleaning from vinyl was the main impetus for them to go to ditch carpet for vinyl.

If it more easy to clean and saves Disney money, then I have no problem with hard floors.

I didn't know college dorms have rainfall showers...The new walk-in rainfall showers at Disney actually feel more upscale & are more pleasant than the traditional shower in bathtub with curtain, imo.
Plus, I’ve never been a fan of baths. Sitting there in a warm stew of my own grime and dead skin cells? Blech.

This is true. Believe it or not hospitals used to have carpeting in patient care areas, which is gross. They moved to non carpeted surfaces a long time ago.

Getting rid of carpets is a good thing. Bed bugs hide in carpets and it's very hard to get rid of them unless you remove the carpet. Most of the pesticides that used to be used to keep them out of places are banned now. Hotels are one of the top places these nasty things are picked up. If I were in loss prevention at Disney, I'd get rid of carpets, too. Floors are easily sanitized, carpets are not.

I don’t like solid flooring in bedrooms. I’m okay with it in other rooms.

In hotel rooms with carpet, I can’t feel every granule of dirt as I walk, and the bottoms of feet or socks don’t get filthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter