Non-Standard Daypack Loadout Items?

BobaScott

Earning My Ears
Hi all... we are 16 days out from our WDW trip and can't wait... Trying to bide my time waiting, I have been going over everything we should pack. I am aware of the usual suspects that everyone recommends you pack for a day in the parks (sunscreen, water, maps, ponchos, hand sanitizer, snacks, etc...), which got me thinking about some items I don't typically see mentioned.

For example I am planning on bringing a portable re-charger, glow sticks (for our daughter (3) and for the stroller at night). I have also been considering getting a TILE or two for the stroller and possibly kiddo.

I am curious what not so standard items you veteran parents bring with you?

Ziplock bags! Great for cell phones on wet rides, a change of clothes for little ones, or even to save parts of your meal/snack for later. I like to take a gallon size and two sandwich size in my bag.

Moleskin is definitely one I haven't thought of, but probably a must for 7 days of non-stop walking. :tiptoe:

Moleskin is mandatory. I would buy several packs - my kids and wife went through three packs of Dr.Scholls moleskin when we were at WDW last March. I precut it into different size squares for quick application. Also, be sure to do foot checks at lunch time to look for any blisters or hot spots.

Since I wear glasses and have clip on sunglasses, I also take several packs of Zeiss lens wipes to clean my glasses. I also keep a travel size pack of antibacterial wipes in my bag.

I also clip a carabiner to the carry loop of my backpack. If you don't want to or can't do the "deliver what you bought" service, you can clip the handle of the plastic Disney bag to your backpack with the carabiner to keep your hands free.

I like the carabiner idea! I also bring ziplock bags (invaluable) and bring several to keep things dry, to hold partially eaten treats the kids want to save, and so on. Just picked up some moleskin and also carry bandaids and polysporin in a ziplock bag (of course). With kids, those falls will happen. I also bring a ziplock of meds -- ibuprofen, Tylenol, tummy stuff. Magic rags for glasses. I also bring a travel aquaphor because the sanitizer can be drying and it can serve as lip balm too.

Hi all... we are 16 days out from our WDW trip and can't wait... Trying to bide my time waiting, I have been going over everything we should pack. I am aware of the usual suspects that everyone recommends you pack for a day in the parks (sunscreen, water, maps, ponchos, hand sanitizer, snacks, etc...), which got me thinking about some items I don't typically see mentioned.

For example I am planning on bringing a portable re-charger, glow sticks (for our daughter (3) and for the stroller at night). I have also been considering getting a TILE or two for the stroller and possibly kiddo.

I am curious what not so standard items you veteran parents bring with you?

Do you already have a TILE? I've been looking at them and am on the fence about purchasing one.

Do you already have a TILE? I've been looking at them and am on the fence about purchasing one.

Not yet, I'm about ready to order 1 or 2, but haven't jumped year as I'm on the fence myself. It sounds like a great way to find the stroller if it has been moved, or we forget exactly where it is. The only thing I'm concerned about is since it's bluetooth it has like a 100-150ft range so it is limited... the good part is the app will show you on a map the last area it was in range.

If anyone elsewhere has used one at the parks I would love to hear it too.

Ziplock's... it would seem so obvious, but so easy to not think about. I will definitely be bringing some!

We have Tile and they work well. We haven't used them in Disney yet, but will definitely Tile our kids when we go.

I like to carry duct tape with me in general. I have used it to protect my feet in shoes too. I also like to have a black sharpie on hand because they write on anything.

Oh also about Tile, it's not just you who keeps track of your tiles. It's anyone nearby who has the app on their phone that will detect the Tile and update the location (only you will see it though). So if your kid hops a train in Disney and ends up in Frontierland, my phone will update his location as I wait in line for a turkey leg.

Oh also about Tile, it's not just you who keeps track of your tiles. It's anyone nearby who has the app on their phone that will detect the Tile and update the location (only you will see it though). So if your kid hops a train in Disney and ends up in Frontierland, my phone will update his location as I wait in line for a turkey leg.

Haha... good to know... I can get my Dole Whip in peace now :drinking1. That makes TILE a bit more appealing that I originally thought. Not that I can rely off of a ton of other people to have one, but it sure helps. Thanks!

I have also been considering getting a TILE or two for the stroller and possibly kiddo.

Now that's a very interesting idea that I haven't seen before! I may be considering that now too.

One thing we bring that I haven't seen listed here yet is a battery-operated string of LED lights for the stroller. Makes it so easy to find at night, and festive too!

We have tiles and plan on attaching to all young kids in our group along with the stroller. You can also set them to alarm if you are within a certain distance. So my 3 yr old disappears and my phone says she should be near me, I alarm the tile and can follow the noise. :) Same with the stroller. Plus the more people that have Tiles, the better they work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter