Non-park restaurants

reagan75

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I have been to Disney. My son's high school band is coming to Orlando in December (to the other park-boo!) and I have racked up some Disney Dollars. I am wondering what are some good restaurants we can go to that aren't in the park.

We have many restaurants that we love that are not in the park.

At the Poly
Ohana - it is hard to get - must reserve in advance
Kona Café

At Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Café - we love the antics and the food.

At the Animal Kingdom Lodge
We love Sanaa
Also Boma (Buffet)

At Grand Floridian
We enjoy 1900 Park Fare (Buffet)
and Grand Floridian Cafe

At the Yacht Club
We enjoy Captain's Grille

Enjoy!

Beach Club: Cape May
Grand FLoridian: 1900 Park Fare.

And of course, there's Disney Springs.

We LOVE Raglan Road in Disney Springs (aka Downtown Disney). Have always had unbelievable meals there and the menu is big so there are many choices (my favorites being the Salmon, Pie in Sky & of course the Ger Bread Pudding...and I hate bread pudding LOL). We also enjoy Kona at the Poly and Captains Grill at the Yacht Club resort by the Boardwalk.

The Wave, Boma and Raglan Road are all good choices. Of those I'd probably go with Raglan Road. If thinking about something more expensive then I'd consider Narcoossee's or Yachtsman. Narcoossee's has a great view/atmosphere.

Go to Disney Springs a lot of choices for any taste.

Poly: 'Ohana. This is our favorite restaurant in all of WDW

Conteporary: Cali Grill and The Wave

Beach Club: Cape May Seafood Buffet

I don't know if garden view tea room take Disney dollars but is an experience to make.

Grand Floridian Afternoon tea

We have two reservations for restaurants inside a park. Be Our Guest and Tusker House. Both are pre-park opening breakfasts. Other than that, we are eating at resorts or Disney Springs.

Here are some we have been to that are good to great (above average good not just meh good):

AKL- Sanaa or Boma or Jiko (all great)
WL- Whispering Canyon (good)
Poly- Ohana (good)
DS- Raglan Road or House of Blues (RR is good and HoB is great)
CR- Cali Grill (great)
BC- Beaches and Cream (great)

These we have been to and they were alright, nothing spectacular but do-able:
Cape May, Big River, ESPN Club, T-Rex, Rainforest cafe, Shutters, Olivia's, Artist Point, Chef Mickeys, Kona

This is our never again place: Bongos

These dinner shows are fun to do but the food is so-so: Luau and Hoop Dee Doo (HDD is the better of the 2)

Others we have not been to.

Breakfasts we've done: Olivia's, Boma (fantastic), Ohana, Captain's Grill (great deal).

Last edited:
Our favorites, in order:

Ohana at Poly
Cali Grill at CR
Jiko at AKL
The Wave at CR

We did not care much for Raglan Road or Boma.

Trail's End for comfort food, Maya Grill for Mexican (not Tex Mex), 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and WPE at Disney Springs for the best QS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter