Non disney hotels getting FP+

Or maybe they are relieved because instead of hiking all the way to Everest to pull a FP, they can go to a central kiosk and get a FP for later because what they really want to do right now is the safari.

Seriously? How is this a negative for the typical guest?

I was thinking something similar, actually.

You arrive at the parks, knowing nothing, and hey! We can pre-book a few rides right now and come back later with no lines. Awesome!

The typical guest (especially first timers who don't know the history of FP) is likely to be perfectly happy with this.

The only wrinkle in this plan that I can see is if all the FP+ for the headliner rides are distributed weeks earlier. But maybe they'll hold some back for the day of.

I can see the convenience of a central kiosk area too. However if this becomes widely known how many people will line up at those kiosks first thing in the morning? 100's? Or more? These lines could potentially put those at TSMM and Soarin' to shame.

I can see the convenience of a central kiosk area too. However if this becomes widely known how many people will line up at those kiosks first thing in the morning? 100's? Or more? These lines could potentially put those at TSMM and Soarin' to shame.

:thumbsup2

The thing with FP+ kiosks versus legacy FP kiosks is that the new ones will involve human decisions--perhaps several of them--whereas the legacies are a simple "insert ticket, get FP" process. I would expect lines at those FP+ kiosks to move dog-slow.

:thumbsup2

The thing with FP+ kiosks versus legacy FP kiosks is that the new ones will involve human decisions--perhaps several of them--whereas the legacies are a simple "insert ticket, get FP" process. I would expect lines at those FP+ kiosks to move dog-slow.

Yep. I was coming here to stress that very point. Even one indecisive group in front of you could become a black hole of rope drop time.

Eventually, I think it will be offered through the app, same-day only or not. I just think they haven't figured that part out yet. I can't imagine they want too much kiosk nonsense going on in the parks, not very magical ;)

Yep. I was coming here to stress that very point. Even one indecisive group in front of you could become a black hole of rope drop time.
Not to mention that just after rope drop is prime touring time. People are advised to get in line at popular rides when the park first opens. If you have to get in line at the kiosks that wipes out that advantage. I can already see it. Getting to rope drop and running to the kiosks! Wheeee!!!! :rotfl:

If everyone gets access to an APP that would help but not everyone will have the right phone plus people say that all of that is enormously slow in the parks.

I can't wait... ;)

Isn't the point of fast pass+ being able to make your reservations ahead of time? Going to the kiosk sounds like a pain and a waste of time.
That's what's going to make staying at a disney resort a perk staying off site is going be a pain

Eventually, I think it will be offered through the app, same-day only or not. I just think they haven't figured that part out yet. I can't imagine they want too much kiosk nonsense going on in the parks, not very magical ;)
I have to agree with you they are going to have to do something for the off site guests so you don't stand in lines at kiosks. I think right now they are looking at how many people they would get from a non disney hotel rather than a disney hotel. The swan and dolphin are the first for that reason disney has a little more say in what they can and can't do because they are so close to the parks and have disney in their name.

I understand the offsite guests would like fastpass +, but I don't see the need for a band..it's your room key, parking pass. dining card, room charging card,key to your hotel gate...do you really need one to wave to get in the park?..the ticket should work for the fastpass entrance......this whole thing makes my head hurt.:crazy2:

I understand the offsite guests would like fastpass +, but I don't see the need for a band..it's your room key, parking pass. dining card, room charging card,key to your hotel gate...do you really need one to wave to get in the park?..the ticket should work for the fastpass entrance......this whole thing makes my head hurt.:crazy2:

Tickets WILL work. They will all be RFID capable. MagicBands will not be required, and non-resort guests will need to purchase MagicBands if they _want_ them.

As the system is today, the RFID tickets work for everything the MBs work for. Until the Active-RFID components come online, the only difference is form-factor.

Once those active elements start coming out, Disney can (and likely will) promote the bands with the interactive stuff from that component, and that will drive demand up for MBs when staying off-site. For these items, the Active-RFID components inside the MBs will be required.

Tickets WILL work. They will all be RFID capable. MagicBands will not be required, and non-resort guests will need to purchase MagicBands if they _want_ them.
I pretty heavily tested RFID KTTW and Ticket media on my recent trip, using them over the MBs quite often. They worked for my room, park entry, and FP+ just fine. I did not test dining plan or room charging, but I'd expect them to work the same there as well. Granted, those two components will not be available to off-site guests anyway, so for the context of doc's quote, it already appears to be in place.

I pretty heavily tested RFID KTTW and Ticket media on my recent trip, using them over the MBs quite often. They worked for my room, park entry, and FP+ just fine. I did not test dining plan or room charging, but I'd expect them to work the same there as well. Granted, those two components will not be available to off-site guests anyway, so for the context of doc's quote, it already appears to be in place.

Charging is a feature they have promised to off-site guests as well. Obviously it won't go to a room, but I expect they'll do something similar to room charging (collect charges into a folio, then charge the card once).

One of the most frustrating aspects of the kiosks (at least the ones they have set up at Guest Relations in the parks) is they will have multiple iPads set up. But with just one CM manning the kiosks, a line forms with people who need assistance and the few people who don't need help will often wait in that same line because they think it's for the kiosks. Moral of the story? Take a peek at the kiosks and if there are unused ones, simply ask if you can sign in without the CM's help.

One of the most frustrating aspects of the kiosks (at least the ones they have set up at Guest Relations in the parks) is they will have multiple iPads set up. But with just one CM manning the kiosks, a line forms with people who need assistance and the few people who don't need help will often wait in that same line because they think it's for the kiosks. Moral of the story? Take a peek at the kiosks and if there are unused ones, simply ask if you can sign in without the CM's help.

There are kiosks at the park already that you don't have to have assistance to use. The manned ones are there to assist guests with problems.

I am glad that I just came back from WDW because if I could not get FP- and had to get FP at a kiosk in the park while thousands of people get FP+ 60 days in advance I would be very unhappy. My first day, I went directly to the MK and I only had the three FP+ that I reserved in advance (stayed 1 day at POP and then moved offsite) and that was not enough. I did not enjoy my day like I did in the past. I wanted to pull more FP and couldn't. I enjoy disney but at $100/day, just being at WDW is not enough. When I went to Epcot, the FP were gone be 9:30 for TT. Even if I could get FP in advance, if I am limited to 3, I will not enjoy my day like I did before. If I can't get FP in advance and I am standing in more lines and going on rides at off peak times since that is all that is available for prime rides, I will not enjoy my day as much as before. I will wait and see what the final outcome is but if what they are doing with the swan is what they are going to do for offsite, I will be looking at doing more cruising in the coming years.

Right there with you!!

That's what I'm doing. Staying one night on property to get a MB on December 5. My MIL stayed on property in September and her MB has been active since then (she was able to make FP+ reservations all through October even though she never stayed onsite again). I've also been able to make FP+ reservations for my whole trip even though I only booked one night.

So were you able to make the FP+ selections at the 60 day mark? I am seriously considering doing part of our trip onsite for the FP+ but staying at my off site place as well. (I like space and kitchens)

So has anyone else been able to do this?? I was going to book two nights on site, in hopes that we could at least have 9 FP+ for MK and DHS. But If I only have to do one night that would be awesome. The Disney guy told me I would have access to the MB for the rest of my ticket duration but could not pick FP+ unless I was on sight.

So has anyone else been able to do this?? I was going to book two nights on site, in hopes that we could at least have 9 FP+ for MK and DHS. But If I only have to do one night that would be awesome. The Disney guy told me I would have access to the MB for the rest of my ticket duration but could not pick FP+ unless I was on sight.[/QUOTE]

I booked one night at POP and was able to use FP+ for 7 days. But, and this is a big BUT, keep in mind that things can change at any time. Just look at the tier system that will be used in EPCOT in Nov and Dec.
Judy

So far what it seems is day of only the fast pass will be tied to your my magic account but at swan and dolphin you cannot get a magic band or pre book attractions

If S&D guest books a FP+ day-of at a park kiosk....how will CM know to let the person into FP line since there is no MB to read? Get what I mean? There will need to be something to present to the CM showing FP+ time, right? Wonder what this will be? Paper FP+?

What a mess!! :sad2: I just don't get how all this change is HELPING WDW. Yes, I suppose it'll drive resort occupancy up, but still, there is such a HUGE percentage of guests that stay offsite that if they force ALL of them to do day of FP booking at a kiosk that just sounds absolutely miserable! All I can see so far is how this is going to drive money AWAY from WDW. And now tiering FPs to the big rides, sheesh.... I just can't wrap my head around how this is going to improve overall guest satisfaction.

We did the MBs a couple weeks ago, but if it weren't for still being able to pull paper tickets, we wouldn't have done nearly as well. As it was, it was incredibly frustrating since we scheduled all our days around having park hoppers, so we left the park early a couple of days because stand by lines got too long and FPs weren't available until the evening when we'd be in a different park.

Sure do wish I could sit down with whoever was in charge and get a grasp on how they think this is all going to work to make things better for guests, because I'm just not getting it. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter