No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

We did make it to Disney Vero Beach Resort. The clouds are a bit ominous from the 4th floor laundry window.

View attachment 128727

We went to the town of Vero to eat at a local restaurant. The food was ok, but really pricey. We did have Florida lobster and crab.

View attachment 128728

After a beer run at Publix, we get to enjoy some beach & resort time.

I'm catching up on the posts from behind and really loving them. I like the cool stormtrooper faces shirt your daughter held up. I had to buy a Star Wars Disney Cruise tee shirt when we were on board even though our cruise wasn't one with the special SW events. (But they had the shirt in my size, which is often difficult!).

And the Mike W lollipop cannibalism question was really funny.

But I had to comment on this one. First, after days at WDW, you said the restaurant THERE was expensive?? I can't imagine. Then the sign in the window. Pastostas does make the best ravioli!! We get their lobster ravioli on occasion. Some of the NY Italians won't touch anything else. :)

Oh yeah the other thing was the AKL club. I agree, the views and everything from up there are awesome. That was really cool of the CM. We liked the AKL club so much we bought an add on contract resale with AKL as the home on that one, which of course means we'll never stay club there again. :) but we didn't really like Kidani. Great view but insanely long hallways, like it laughs at the BW long. We also miss the convenience of the MK or Epcot resorts when we stay at AKL. We've been using those points for our other stays (BLT this year and Poly next year), but we'll do Jambo DVC eventually.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Just finished reading the last few days of your TR - work and stuff got in the way - boo !

Looks like a great night at MNSSHP for the family - glad the new Hub area was good for viewing.
Everyone wore something for the Party.
Give more about Vero. We always say we are going there for a few days when at WDW, but have not done so.
How long was the trip to Vero from WDW ?
Is there much to see do or would a few days be enough.
I would be happy with nothing to do but sit on a beach and enjoy the view and a soda.
Others here disagree.

Have fun - enjoy the vaca !

This is our third trip to Vero Beach Resort. I prefer Disney World to the beach, so a few days here is fine for me. But, if you like beach resorts, this place has it all. From the pictures, you can tell it is right on the beach. There is the beach, built up sea wall, small green space, and then resort.

There is a lot of free stuff to do - pool, pool slide, community hall, billiards, & ping pong. There is also a place to check out equipment - Croquet, football, etc and play in the greenspace - as well as tennis courts and basketball court. There are the pool games (just like at Disney), campfire songs and s'mores, sea turtle searches on the beach with staff, and probably a few others i am missing. The 9 hole mini golf costs $1 per person.

Then, there is the paid stuff - two restaurants and 1 lounge (Green Cabin Room) and they all take the TiW. There is a character breakfast on Sat AM and some pirate buffet dinner we miss because it's a different time of year. One can rent beach chairs, umbrellas, paddle boards, etc and the beach. They also have a morning and evening kayak excursion only twice during the week in the connecting river where you may see manatees or dolphins. There is a spa here as well.

Then, you have that short trip into Vero and there are some outlet stores. But, we rarely leave the resort after the initial beer and snack run. I'll post a weekly guide thing.

Looks like a great time!

Thanks.

I'm catching up on the posts from behind and really loving them. I like the cool stormtrooper faces shirt your daughter held up. I had to buy a Star Wars Disney Cruise tee shirt when we were on board even though our cruise wasn't one with the special SW events. (But they had the shirt in my size, which is often difficult!).

And the Mike W lollipop cannibalism question was really funny.

But I had to comment on this one. First, after days at WDW, you said the restaurant THERE was expensive?? I can't imagine. Then the sign in the window. Pastostas does make the best ravioli!! We get their lobster ravioli on occasion. Some of the NY Italians won't touch anything else. :)

True. I guess I should have said pricey for off Disney property. DW found reviews online and this was supposed to be a place for the 'locals', so I was expecting cheaper pricing.

Last edited:

I managed to get a few days from the guide. There is stuff listed everyday of the week. They also have the child care services like at WDW.

WP_20151015_001(1).jpg

Other ones I forgot to mention were fishing excursions, bike hike, and surf school.

With all the list of activities, I had to go try the tennis court this AM.

WP_20151015_002.jpg

They have a "wall" of some hanging boards. It gave me a good workout, and i never can win against it.

Oh yeah the other thing was the AKL club. I agree, the views and everything from up there are awesome. That was really cool of the CM. We liked the AKL club so much we bought an add on contract resale with AKL as the home on that one, which of course means we'll never stay club there again. :) but we didn't really like Kidani. Great view but insanely long hallways, like it laughs at the BW long. We also miss the convenience of the MK or Epcot resorts when we stay at AKL. We've been using those points for our other stays (BLT this year and Poly next year), but we'll do Jambo DVC eventually.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Yes, we lucked out with that CM. I agree with you about AKL - Kidani was nice and we ended up on the side closer to Jambo where bus stop was. So, we didn't get that hallway experience. I also agree with you about the hallways - BWV is nothing in comparison. I liked the water area better at Kidani, but everything else about Jambo and I would want to stay there, especially club level.

The spread out resorts (SSR, OKW, Kidani) are great for some, but we like the hotel style at BWV & BLT. We'll eventually get over to Poly & VGF, but I'm concerned about staying in the far building and walking to get to everything.

Appetizer or pre-dinner and drinks at Green Cabin Room again. We are going to try Sonya's later if we can get in.

WP_20151015_006.jpg

It is windy.

Drinking on the verandah.

WP_20151015_007.jpg

We are facing the ocean. LiTs are a cheaper way to get drunk than paying the bar tab.

This is our third trip to Vero Beach Resort. I prefer Disney World to the beach, so a few days here is fine for me. But, if you like beach resorts, this place has it all. From the pictures, you can tell it is right on the beach. There is the beach, built up sea wall, small green space, and then resort.

There is a lot of free stuff to do - pool, pool slide, community hall, billiards, & ping pong. There is also a place to check out equipment - Croquet, football, etc and play in the greenspace - as well as tennis courts and basketball court. There are the pool games (just like at Disney), campfire songs and s'mores, sea turtle searches on the beach with staff, and probably a few others i am missing. The 9 hole mini golf costs $1 per person.

Then, there is the paid stuff - two restaurants and 1 lounge (Green Cabin Room) and they all take the TiW. There is a character breakfast on Sat AM and some pirate buffet dinner we miss because it's a different time of year. One can rent beach chairs, umbrellas, paddle boards, etc and the beach. They also have a morning and evening kayak excursion only twice during the week in the connecting river where you may see manatees or dolphins. There is a spa here as well.

Then, you have that short trip into Vero and there are some outlet stores. But, we rarely leave the resort after the initial beer and snack run. I'll post a weekly guide thing.

Thanks.

Wow - Vero does have a lot to offer AND a beach. I love all the activities. Good you can use TIW.
Did you enjoy the food offerings ? Did you have a kitchen - if so was there a place on the way or in the area to pick up a few groceries ?
Since we fly to WDW thinking .......rent a car at the airport drive to Vero for a few days - back to WDW turn the car in and stay at WDW a few days and take the ME back to MCO.

How was the weather at Vero in October ?

True. I guess I should have said pricey for off Disney property. DW found reviews online and this was supposed to be a place for the 'locals', so I was expecting cheaper pricing.

We finished off with dinner at Sonya's restaurant last night. The blue crab bisque was very good. I'll have to wake up everyone else and get them going soon. It will be a long day driving home.

Safe driving, glad you had a nice trip!

I agree about the "hotel" style locations. That's our biggest worry with Poly in March, that it'll pour and we'll be trapped. But we will be close to the TTC, so that will be convenient for the monorail options.

We managed to stay in the same room as last time. I know most don't like rooms near elevators, but I like the 2nd floor Inn rooms with inside stair and elevator access.

WP_20151016_001.jpg

2204 is the other room in the corner.

After loading up the car, we had a late breakfast at Shutter's restaurant and one more picture at the beach.

WP_20151016_002.jpg

Another fun vacation has ended.

Thanks for taking us on your family vacation ! Glad it was a great time - and loved your pics.
Have a safe ride home - it is always a sad trip home !

Thanks for taking us on your family vacation ! Glad it was a great time - and loved your pics.
Have a safe ride home - it is always a sad trip home !

Thanks for following along. We had an easy trip home, with limited traffic issue. We left Vero at noon ET, which would have translated to 1:30 - 2:00 PM ET from WDW and made it thru Atlanta with no traffic until the north side with construction.

Glad your drive home was safe !
Are you and your family planning the next trip ?

We are booked at BWV for Spring Break in April. It will NOT be in the peak two weeks of Easter season. So far, that is my favorite time of year - low crowds and cool weather.

Eventually, once the girls are out of school, we will visit in each month to try them all out. I like the fall for MNSSHP, and I really want to go the 10 days where I could get both a MVMCP & MNSSHP. I'd like to try the first weeks of December, but will not go during the crazy two Christmas weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter