• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Resort Availability

mbh106

Mouseketeer
When I check for 5 nights in early November, there's no resort availability anywhere on property. Is every room actually booked, or do they hold some rooms back for later release?

or do they hold some rooms back for later release?
No inventory is being held back but there are a couple of possibilities:

You have selected and "Offer" that is unavailable during peak fall season so check your search settings.

Have you tried more or fewer days in your searches, how many days are you trying to book?

Early November is a very busy with lots of events, MNSSH at MK, Food and Wine is still going on, and that is when many schools are out for the first week. It is also Veterans Day on the 11th so a popular weekend to visit.

Finally the first week on Nov. 4-6 Disney has Multiple RunDisney race events:

Dave

When I check for 5 nights in early November, there's no resort availability anywhere on property. Is every room actually booked, or do they hold some rooms back for later release?
I'm pretty surprised that I'm finding the same thing for 5 nights. If I shorten or lengthen the trip, availability does pop up. I find it hard to believe every single resort is fully booked during what seems to be the entire first 10 days or so in November.

Check ins the 2nd & 3rd show a lot of resorts available. But nothing shows for check ins from the 4th to the following week. Knowing Disney IT, I’m gonna go with another glitch. I would just check back in a day or 2.

FWIW, this is historically a pretty common "why is there no availability" week. There are often multiple threads on the topic year after year. Combine all the things that have been mentioned above...

11/4 - Wine & Dine 5k
11/5 - Wine & Dine 10k
11/6 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon
11/8 - Election Day, some schools off
11/8 - First MVMCP
11/10-11/11 - NJEA Convention (NJ schools closed)
11/11 - Veteran's Day, holiday for some
Wine & Dine Festival ongoing through 11/19 (arguably one of the more popular times for the festival given the runD races, best temperatures of the year to enjoy the festival, etc)

Probably other WDW conventions and things here and there.

Makes for a lot of demand on Disney resort supply.

It’s been sold out for a while. I had a room booked for 5 nights then and was looking to change up my resort and kept seeing it sold out. I did end up moving my trip to December so my room should have gone back into inventory but its been a few days now and probably been booked

Also Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Nov 11-12. Lots going on that second November week.

Even in the best of times, booking around or less than 3 months out really decreases your options. I always tell people, 'book as soon as you know when you're going'. Make adjustments later.

That is historically a busy week. We are going down for the race because our kid has no school on 11/3 and 11/4 so we check 2 of the boxes. We booked back in April and even then we were already seeing limited options for that window.

I’m having the same issue Nov 8-16. I booked sports awhile back and was looking to change the past 2 days but literally no other rooms appear available! My friend is a travel agent and checked on her side and found the same thing…seems odd!

We booked 6 months ago for 11/6-11/11 for an anniversary trip for just two of us to do Food & Wine. A couple months later tried to add a day, but no availability. I was hoping for a special offer but I'm assuming that wont happen. We took the family last January and paid "rack rate" which was painful, especially with purchasing LL & LL+. Still had an amazing time as usual so I try not to get into the "is it worth the cost" argument. Although, it would be very convenient if others would decide it's not worth the cost to cut down the crowds some.:)

Dates? I'd be happy to check for you to make sure this isn't some kind of user error, which can happen due to settings.

Just checked plenty of rooms available
My bad checked dates and the check availability page showed up. I was distracted with the kids and I didn't realize it was the check availability page. Truly apologize. The kids always come into the kitchen with their friends and start talking to you when your doing something. Again very sorry.

My bad checked dates and the check availability page showed up. I was distracted with the kids and I didn't realize it was the check availability page. Truly apologize. The kids always come into the kitchen with their friends and start talking to you when your doing something. Again very sorry.

NP. We’ve all been there. :goodvibes Although for me, kids are long gone. Now it’s my DH that interrupts me. But it’s just as annoying. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter