• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more body butter!!

Ah man. I loved the body butter that I got on the dream sept 2011 so much that I ordered it online. I was so looking forward to getting it again in jan 2013.

Although I really liked the body butter, I'm happy DCL still provides lotion. My most recent cruise was on Royal Caribbean last month, and they provide only bar soap and a shampoo dispenser in the shower. I really like RCI, but I know I'll need to bring my own conditioner and lotion when I sail with them!

Sadness - I love the body butter. The tubes are cute though!

AGH! This is terrible! :mad:

I never pack body lotion b/c that body butter is so awesome! Good grief...what's going to be the next 'little piece of magic' to go??? I'm still mourning the loss of Ken's honey mustard for the chicken tenders...and now this! :confused:

Me too with the loss of the Ken's Honey Mustard...that was my FAVORITE!
Sue Ellen

I'm working on my 'packing list', so I need to know... Was there body butter or body lotion in your stateroom? I love the body butter and don't need to pack lotion if they still are giving the body butter. But if it's something new, I'll have to pack some of my own lotion. I don't want to risk ending up dry and cracked and flaky on vacation!
TIA! :goodvibes

I just looked to see what we received on our July Fantasy cruise. It's lotion. Honestly we didn't even notice the difference. I have a bottle of the body butter from last years cruise so I've compared. The butter is a little thicker, but the scent is the same. I put the butter on one arm and the lotion on the other - I don't feel a difference. The size of the bottles are also the same at 2 oz.

I was disappointed in the change of product at WDW. I prefer the smell of the H2O Aquatics, but it was something else from H2O this summer.

Personally, I always thought the body butter was a bit "heavy." I usually travel with my own stuff anyway because I'm a compulive overpacker. LOL

I love the body butter. I have been using it everyday since our cruise last year. I just bought some online because it was on sale buy 2 get 1 free. It is expensive but so worth it.

I just got off the Fantasy, it was Lotion. I noticed the difference immediately. It was fine, but much thinner. The packing described it as "light". My husband liked it better, which makes sense for non shaved legs. I missed the body butter.

Jill

noahsmom said:
I was disappointed in the change of product at WDW. I prefer the smell of the H2O Aquatics, but it was something else from H2O this summer.

Where did you stay? I've seen it not H2O at some of the non deluxe properties...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cruise products - Just got off Fantasy on Saturday and it is lotion. Also didn't know that they don't provide shower gel in the cabins (and didn't bring any), so I asked our stateroom host to get me some, and he did. For the record, I liked the lotion.

Disney World products - They have changed the H20 products at the resorts as well. In January at OKW we still had the old blue H20 products, which included a lotion. Just stayed at OKW again the week before this cruise, and there is no more lotion in the rooms, and they have changed to a different formula in smaller bottles. Hated it - shampoo and shower gel are horrible!

We will go back to packing our own toiletries (this was first time we didn't) as Disney seems to be messing with their product line due to cost cutting measures, I'm sure.

Tiger

We had lotion on the Dream (8/10/12). I don't like the smell of the shampoo or conditioner on the ships ... but I do like the body butter (and now lotion) smell.

The products we had at AKL in WDW before the cruise were H2O, but they had green labels with Tinkerbell on them and a grapefruit scent. I actually liked them quite a bit ... wasn't a fan of the blue stuff. They seem smaller though ... they were replenished frequently.

Interestingly enough, our toiletries at the Grand Californian last summer included a little bottle of the same body butter they used to provide on the ships. I gave it a whiff and it reminded me of a cruise! LOL.

I heard it was lotion. I have very dry skin. The lotion does nothing for me. I found travel size containers of the H2O body butter at Ulta and I'm packing that :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's a shame that they keep changing the little things that make Disney special! I too was a fan of the honey mustard and the body butter.

I loved the body butter so much when I came home I ordered me some so I guess I'll be packing it in jan

Maybe they switched from the butter to the lotion due to shelf life. I have a few tubes from a few years ago and they don't smell good at all anymore. I Love the smell when they are new... now... not so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter