• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

I am bouncing off the walls with excitement for the F&W updates.

Back in 2010 we took our first WDW vacation during F&W. We had absolutely no idea what it was and didn't 'participate' at all. Cannot wait to go back this year and enjoy.

Barb, your patience and dedication to our cause never fails to amaze me. Thank you!

daisymomof4 said:
Barb, you are amazing! <3

And hats off to Eric and Luanne for taking one for the team and hitting all those f&w booth to share with us, lol. Everything so far looks delicious!

Thank you for the recognition of our extreme sacrifice. It was a trial, but we felt that we had to do our duty. LOL

I can't wait for F&W!!! And these pictures just make me even more excited! Sadly I have to get through 3 class (last class ending at 6:50), 1 presentation, and 1 final BEFORE I can get crazy excited (and all of those are ALL the day before we leave). So I am going to need all the wine I can get after...oh and food too of course! Its getting so close now!

I am so excited to see pics of F&W items. :cool1: We'll be there towards the end of F&W festival to enjoy, and meanwhile, I'll drooling over the pictures. :lmao:

Oh, most of you probably know, but just in case, they excepted snack credits for everything at the F&W, even the 8and 9dollar stuff.

And since you have said to ask questions I have one for either Brenda (emmysmommy) or Mr. DDW, because I think they have had the bands and I know Brenda does photopass. And if anyone else knows, please advise. It is about the magic bands and photopass. Don't know if anyone knows but thought I would ask. We are going to be doing the magic bands and I have preordered the photopass+, can we link them together? There will be 11 of us in our party and it would be nice if we all could use the photopass option when we are not all together in a group. Or any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hi Chris! Not sure how helpful I will be because they didn't have photopass linked to our MB in August. However, they were planning on rolling that out soon. We'll be doing pp+ again in December so you'll have to tell me how that worked when you come back!! :upsidedow

Seriously, how exciting that you will be there during F&W!! :thumbsup2

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is ...

:cheer2: Ohanamoma :cheer2:

Ohanamoma will be at Disney World from 9/29 - 10/4 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Ohanamoma!!! :cool1:

Hi Barb and everyone we would like to volunteer to be live reporters for our upcoming trip on 2nd November - 18th November staying at SSR and ending with two nights at the Yacht Club :cheer2:

We are from Scotland and have been to WDW many times in the past. The last time we were in WDW was three years ago in November 2010 when my then BF proposed to me at the Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom. So a lot has happened in three years we got married had our honeymoon in Disneyland CA and this will be our first trip with our daughter who will be 9 months.

We have free dining and will be paying for some OOP.

Here are our plans for our table service

Kona Café - Dinner
Teppan Edo - Lunch
Artist Point - Dinner
Hacienda de San Angel - Dinner
Jiko - Dinner
Via Napoli - Dinner
The Wave - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Monsieur Paul - Dinner
California Grill - Dinner
Bluezoo - Dinner
Captain's Grille - Breakfast

There is one TS credit left to use I've not decided what to use it for.

We will be dining at lots of counter service too but prefer to wing it and decide on the day where we will eat except Be Our Guest we have used the new fastpass plus system and have booked our food in advance as from reading the reviews we know there can be a long wait and would prefer to avoid that.

We will be using lots of snack credits at the food and wine festival booths yum

Thanks for your hard work on this thread I have been enjoying reading it.

Anna x

Hi Barb and everyone we would like to volunteer to be live reporters for our upcoming trip on 2nd November - 18th November staying at SSR and ending with two nights at the Yacht Club :cheer2:

We are from Scotland and have been to WDW many times in the past. The last time we were in WDW was three years ago in November 2010 when my then BF proposed to me at the Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom. So a lot has happened in three years we got married had our honeymoon in Disneyland CA and this will be our first trip with our daughter who will be 9 months.

We have free dining and will be paying for some OOP.

Here are our plans for our table service

Kona Café - Dinner
Teppan Edo - Lunch
Artist Point - Dinner
Hacienda de San Angel - Dinner
Jiko - Dinner
Via Napoli - Dinner
The Wave - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Monsieur Paul - Dinner
California Grill - Dinner
Bluezoo - Dinner
Captain's Grille - Breakfast

There is one TS credit left to use I've not decided what to use it for.

We will be dining at lots of counter service too but prefer to wing it and decide on the day where we will eat except Be Our Guest we have used the new fastpass plus system and have booked our food in advance as from reading the reviews we know there can be a long wait and would prefer to avoid that.

We will be using lots of snack credits at the food and wine festival booths yum

Thanks for your hard work on this thread I have been enjoying reading it.

Anna x

Hi Anna! :wave2: Thanks for volunteering and welcome to the November team! I'll be sending a PM to all of our November volunteers in about three weeks or so. This will give you all my info for sending me your updates. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

We have received the first update from a member of our October reporting team! :cool1:

chazabel & her DH, Dave, arrived at Disney World today for their 20th Anniversary celebration trip.
She sent her first update from Magic Kingdom's...

Sleepy Hollow

"We have arrived and are trying our first waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow."

Sweet and spicy chicken

Ham, prosciutto and swiss (I think?? :confused3)

"I like the chicken! It truly is sweet and spicy."

3 October Game Points Earned

chazabel sent us another update, this one from their dinner tonight at Epcot's...

VIA NAPOLI

Here's what they had...

Blood Orange Aqua Fresca

Amber Beer

"The Aqua Fresca is lovely and light. The Amber is not heavy and just a touch hoppy."

Arancini

House Salad

"Creamy good risotto and I love the marinara. Salad was fresh and tasty. The dressing was nice and tart...not too oily."

Lasagna Verde

"Tasty, needed more seasoning but it tasted rich but also light."

Broccolini Pizza

"This was very good but wished the broccolini was chopped up a bit."

"Nice small dessert with singing for our anniversary."

2 October Game Points Earned

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Lori (vettegirl) and I'm very happy to say that it is a report from the Food & Wine Festival booths! :banana:

Lori reported from four booths...

France

Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush (Vodka, Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice)

"It sneaks up on you." ;)

Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche)

"Never had escargot in my life. It was great!"

Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie

"As good as ever."

Desserts & Champagne

Moet & Chandon Imperial (I think??? :confused3)

Morocco

Harissa Chicken Roll

"It had chicken, corn and cilantro. Reminds me of an egg roll, great."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu and First Update of the Day = 8 x 2 = 16 total points

Another Food & Wine Fest update has been received, this one from TeresaG.

She and her DH have visited 8 booths, starting with...

Greece

Spanakopita (vegetarian)

"Yummy!"

Refreshment Port

Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

"Very refreshing."

Craft Beers

Beer Flight 2: New Belgium Brewing Company Fat Tire, Widmer Brother's Brewing Alchemy Ale, Red Hook Audible Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo®

Argentina

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée

Taco de Ribeye with Salsa de Chipotle

"Both of these were very, very good!!"

South Korea

Kimchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce

"This was great and spicy."

Espresso Coffee and Pastries
(Near American Adventure)

Shakin' Jamaican Coffee  Made with Kahlua, Vanilla and Caramel. Served Hot or Frozen

"Coffee was awesome."

Hops & Barley

Lobster Roll with Lemon Herb Mayonnaise

"Very, very good."

8 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic and pic of DH = 11 x 2 = 22 total points

MichelleWDWfan also sent us an update from a couple of the Food & Wine booths.

Dole® Pineapple Fritters (vegetarian)

Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

"The dole whip with creme de cacao wad good and had quite a kick! The pineapple fritters were a tasty treat!"

Hops & Barley

Griddled Lobster Tail with Garlic Herb Butter

"The lobster tail was really good! Great that we could use a snack credit for it."

2 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menus = 5 x 2 = 10 total points

Oh my gosh, we obviously spent our final morning at the wrong park! All of these pictures look positively delicious ::yes::

And MichelleWDWfan, your nails are adorable. :thumbsup2

Signing on for #3, these threads are so awesome! Thanks everyone for keeping them going, especially Barb! :goodvibes

(I am at 61 days today, I'll be doing my FP+ picks tomorrow!)

Hi Chris! Not sure how helpful I will be because they didn't have photopass linked to our MB in August. However, they were planning on rolling that out soon. We'll be doing pp+ again in December so you'll have to tell me how that worked when you come back!! :upsidedow

Seriously, how exciting that you will be there during F&W!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Brenda! We are so looking forward to this trip. It is, I think, our 9th year in a row for F&W Fest and MNSSHP. It is absolutely the best time to go I think. So much fun. And we are dressing up this year for Halloween. Our oldest daughter has taught herself to sew, no thanks to me cuz I can't sew on a button, and is making our cosutmes. Should be fun!

And I sure hope we are able to do the photopass thing with the magic band. that would be super sweet! Will let you know if it works out.

jimnlahaze - 10/18 - 10/28

Okay, that's all I have so far thru November 2013. If I have missed anyone, have any mistakes, or if you have any information you would like to add/change then please let me know. :thumbsup2

Hi Barb!

Just one little change to our dates. Jim gave them to you incorrectly and was assuming I would come along and correct him. And he was right!! :rotfl:

We arrive on October 19th. Wish it was the 18th! Thanks.

Lee Ann princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter