No Haunted Mansion photo?

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
I just returned and had the memory maker but I didn't get a Haunted Mansion photo. Are they not doing those anymore?

They were as of the 15th. Sometimes the system burps and eats a photo. Send a missing photo request through the Disney website and it might turn up.

I rode HM 3 times over Easter - received the ride photo 2 out of 3 times. So yes, sometimes it glitches.

In February we were missing two HM photos from two different days.
Also, and not sure if this is connected, but our two that were missing on this last trip (it's hiccuped for us before) were 3 teens in one doom buggy. The ones with two people behind them came up every time.

We were there last week, rode it 3 times and got a photo each time.
On other rides, the photos seemed to be hit or miss, so it may be one of those glitches.

I’ve had a photo from HM taken on February 2020 and didn’t show up on my memory maker then it magically appeared with the rest of my pics during our trip in November 2020. Definitely the ghouls messing with me! haha

All of our ride photos were hit or miss over spring break. I think a combo of people not wearing masks and photo pass link errors as well as camera errors. Here is my favorite one from slinky dog last trip
View attachment 570952
My guess would be that the ones using long range technology (like SDD and HM) are more inconsistent than the ones you actually tap.

Interesting thing about the HM photo - I have found that the flash it produces when taking the picture must dialate my eyes so much it makes seeing things on the ride difficult, so anymore I shut my eyes tight when going down that hallway. Also, when riding during the day, I keep sunglasses on as far ahead as I can, and then leave them on until after the picture is taken, to try to get my eyes used to the dark. Also noticed that riding two times in a row like that, I can see much more the second time.

So I have a lot of fun pictures of us doing odd poses on that.

Interesting thing about the HM photo - I have found that the flash it produces when taking the picture must dialate my eyes so much it makes seeing things on the ride difficult, so anymore I shut my eyes tight when going down that hallway. Also, when riding during the day, I keep sunglasses on as far ahead as I can, and then leave them on until after the picture is taken, to try to get my eyes used to the dark. Also noticed that riding two times in a row like that, I can see much more the second time.

So I have a lot of fun pictures of us doing odd poses on that.

OMG. My eyes are closed in this photo EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I never thought about the flash in the dark making me blink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter