No flight of passage fast passes

I had problems with the last week of August too (hopefully that doesn't mean it will be more crowded than usual....). Our arrival date is 8/25. When I made 60 day fastpasses I could not get it on our original planned day (day 64, also an emh day which I think was part of the problem). I was able to switch to day 65 and get a fp but for our group of 4 the time slots were in afternoon and very very limited already.

We're going during the same time frame and I was unable to get FOP fast-passes for the two of us (only 2 park days). I keep checking, but we've pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that we're going to have to stand in line. We've pretty much decided that if the line is at 120 minutes or less we'll wait. If not, we'll keep checking back. We tacked a couple of days on the end of a cruise so DH can see Pandora so that's the reason for the trip. Whatever else we do will be a bonus.

Look for june:

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/pandora-wait-times-continue-to-drop-amidst-low-summer-crowds/

avatar_flight_passage_wait_times_june_2017b.jpg

When I make the FP+ selections for our Fall trip, I'm planning to pounce (in honor of our cat) on any FOP slots available, whether or not we're planning to go to AK that day. If need be, we'll change our plans to include AK that day. That's one reason we got a park hopper.

When I make the FP+ selections for our Fall trip, I'm planning to pounce (in honor of our cat) on any FOP slots available, whether or not we're planning to go to AK that day. If need be, we'll change our plans to include AK that day. That's one reason we got a park hopper.
But then you can not FP+ any other parks.

EP is accepted at the HP rides at Universal right now.
Mm
just checked Universal and both gringotts and forbidden journey are not in the EP package. All other rides are. We usually rope drop those two rides. One each day

Mm
just checked Universal and both gringotts and forbidden journey are not in the EP package. All other rides are. We usually rope drop those two rides. One each day

Still shows as EP in my app - also confirmed by those in the parks!

Attachments

• IMG_0582.PNG
    IMG_0582.PNG
    185.9 KB · Views: 19
Mm

Also confirmed in the Lines app which updated a few days ago :)

Attachments

• IMG_0583.PNG
    IMG_0583.PNG
    165.8 KB · Views: 11

Sorry to post on your post but quick question
What's the best strategy for AK of your goal is to do both pandora rides and Mount Everest?
We were going to get a fp for one pandora ride and mt Everest as early as possible and our third just a throw away so we can get more hard copy fast passes for the 2nd avatar and safari. Is that our best bet? Trying to make 3 fp+ as early as possible? Do we have to use the 3rd in order to get the hard pass or as long as it's after the start of the third?

But then you can not FP+ any other parks.

True, but as many have noted, FOP is, by far, the top priority for FP+ these days. Of course, if I can get FOP for every day of our trip, I won't book it every time. But how likely is that, anyway?

Last edited:
Sorry to post on your post but quick question
What's the best strategy for AK of your goal is to do both pandora rides and Mount Everest?
We were going to get a fp for one pandora ride and mt Everest as early as possible and our third just a throw away so we can get more hard copy fast passes for the 2nd avatar and safari. Is that our best bet?

Why would you throw away the third FP? Just make it for the safari.
I'm not sure what you mean by "hard copy" fast pass.

Trying to make 3 fp+ as early as possible? Do we have to use the 3rd in order to get the hard pass or as long as it's after the start of the third?
You have to use your three pre-booked FP before you can make your 4th. If you don't use them, you have to wait until the window for your last FP is over.

The strategy to use your FP early and book a 4th works great for almost everything, but not Pandora. I wouldn't count on getting a 4th FP for Na'vi or FoP. You would have to be really lucky. Some people are lucky, but I'd have a back up plan. I actually got a 4th FP for Na'vi in June, but it hardly ever shows up as a choice, and I've never, ever seen FoP as a choice.

Why would you throw away the third FP? Just make it for the safari.
I'm not sure what you mean by "hard copy" fast pass.

You have to use your three pre-booked FP before you can make your 4th. If you don't use them, you have to wait until the window for your last FP is over.

The strategy to use your FP early and book a 4th works great for almost everything, but not Pandora. I wouldn't count on getting a 4th FP for Na'vi or FoP. You would have to be really lucky. Some people are lucky, but I'd have a back up plan. I actually got a 4th FP for Na'vi in June, but it hardly ever shows up as a choice, and I've never, ever seen FoP as a choice.
I don't know if it's changed but I remember Disney picking the Fast Pass times for me. Since Safari is popular, I might not get it for the morning and then have to wait until the afternoon before getting a 4th fp. I figured if I choose a fp for a ride that not a lot of people go on, I can get a morning one after the other two. But if you are saying that I probably won't get a 4th for one of the Pandoras, then it doesn't matter. We are going the first week in December which I'm assuming is going to be slower than June but never know.
We have a 9 year old and a 13 month old going. DD9 never saw Avatar and has no desire to so she won't be overly excited to go on both. I heard FoP is not to be missed but I think we should grab the Na'vi since my whole family can go on that. Is that a mistake? Should we choose to do FoP instead? If we weren't doing a base ticket I'd just grab fp+ for anther day there and go there before another park since we are staying right there at AKL.

So Na'vi or FoP?

If this is true then Disney is lying on their app. I've been checking MDE a few times a day and never seen it over 150 minutes.

We were at AK on June 27th. At the time we had our FP, the wait was a little over 240 minutes. As we exited the ride, the wait was 300 minutes. Our FP was at 12:30 and we had quite a wait, even with a FP as some of the ride was down and they were not able to fill it to capacity.

Ok, went on TP to get more intel. You had to have been there on June 27th... The average wait time was 4 hours. I don't know why that day was so bad but here was the rest of the week:

6/25 - 97 minutes
6/26 - 140 minutes
6/28 - 116 minutes
6/29 - 115 minutes
6/30 - 114 minutes
7/1 - 104 minutes

This is average so much longer then if you rope drop it. I post this only to encourage non panicking about FOP wait times and FP's. This will settle to 7DMT wait times in no time I believe.

Yep, June 27th, you got that right. As I went to bed that evening, I checked and the time was more like 90 minutes (it had been raining that evening).

I don't know if it's changed but I remember Disney picking the Fast Pass times for me.
So Na'vi or FoP?

You were always able to go back and tweak the times.

Does anyone else in your group want to do FoP? If so, get FP for them for that, and something else for the rest of the group. Then, do NRJ at rope drop.

You were always able to go back and tweak the times.

Does anyone else in your group want to do FoP? If so, get FP for them for that, and something else for the rest of the group. Then, do NRJ at rope drop.
It's just me, DH, DD9 and DD13months and dd9 doesn't know anything about FoP so wouldn't be missing anything but I know about it and the Disboards have sparked my curiosity. Unfortunately I'm not sure we can swing rope drop only because we will be doing MVMCP the night before and AK has EMH at 8am and not sure we can get up and out early enough after a late night at MK. Unless our DD13m sleeps through most of MVMCP which I'm hoping but not counting on. My goal is to get to AK by 9.

I booked my fast passes today 60 days in advance and there were no fop fast passes at 7am. I should've known better and checked each day of my vacation but I was trying to get into work and I only checked the days we are going to AK. I'm so disappointed. What's the likelihood that I can be there close to park opening and not have to wait forever. If park is scheduled to open at 8. Does it actually open at 8 or earlier?
I was able to get one for two on the day we are there. I didn't realize till this morning we signed up for a sat, but I hope it's not too busy.

On at 7 AM this morning at 60 day window and FOP was gone all 5 days of our vacation except for a small hour and a half window of availability on day 4 between 5 and 6:30. That doesn't work with out schedule, so we will have to rope drop it.

I always do FPs in reverse order of my stay. This way we are sure to get what we want. We work from the last day to the first day.
I don't understand this strategy of booking FPs in reverse order. How does this help? Wouldn't there be more demand for FPs on our first day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter