NO Flash Photography!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
When it says No Flash Photography, then don't take flash pictures! It's very simple, put the camera away or take pictures without the flash...

...I was on POTC yesterday and it seems like 5 people were taking pictures, both in our boat and the boat in front of us. Finally as we were leaving the ride, then someone comes on the speaker and says to not take flash pictures.

Seriously they need to do something about this. I want to enjoy the attraction without it looking like a strobe light in a night club with so many flashes going off

my favorite is people taking flash pics of the soarin' movie... common, you really don't have to be very bright to figure out you are taking a pic of projected light, with a flash?

And most of those using the flash don't know that a flash is usually only good for about 8-10 feet. If your subject is farther away than that, your flash won't reach to light it up. There are a few flashes that are good for farther than that, but if you've got one of those, you know how not to use it.

Flash for fireworks? It won't help. Really, it won't. Don't try. Please. I'm doing a 4 second exposure over here and your flash going off twice in the middle of it just wiped out my picture. :eek:

I agree wholeheartedly! We had a ride on IASW ruined by folks who can't follow directions.

These pictures will not turn out anyway - the better option (and what I do for my photo albums) is to buy a postcard from that ride.

Last time we rode Soarin', we had flashes going off all around us the entire time. Afterwards, we stopped at the desk in front of the ride and asked why they didn't make announcements about it. The coordinator said "because people who are going to do it won't care if we say it or not...they'll do it anyway." I told her that it ruined our ride. Her reply was a shrug of her shoulders and a sarcastic "sorry". We live close and can ride basically anytime, but I felt bad for those who were on an actual vacation and had to deal with that. Especially considering stand-by that day was 120 minutes!

I find Pirates and Haunted Mansion to be the worst, despite announcements that flash photography is not permitted in either attraction.

The disembodied voice will come on during Pirates and the picture-takers proceed to ignore it. They know nothing will be done to stop them. I'm not sure what they COULD do to stop them. The only options are throw them out of the park or force them to delete the photos, neither of which WDW will do.

I didn't think it had a "no-flash" rule. I agree, the flash can be quite annoying, but in the bright and colorful rooms of IASW, it is far less distracting (and it doesn't reveal any Disney magic) the way it does in HM or even PotC.

I didn't think it had a "no-flash" rule. I agree, the flash can be quite annoying, but in the bright and colorful rooms of IASW, it is far less distracting (and it doesn't reveal any Disney magic) the way it does in HM or even PotC.

You are correct - there is not a "no-flash" rule and I don't mind the occasional picture being taken - this was one of "those" people. They must have taken 75 shots during the ride. It was extremely annoying and distracting.

I know Splash Mountain has a no flash policy which is violated frequently. I really didn't think you could flash on IASW, it's a kid's ride!

Oh....you mean flash photography!!!!!!!! ;)

I was not aware of IASW having no flash photography, because I know I have taken many pics with a flash on that attraction. I have never taken POC or HM photographs or Soarin. BTW will anything show up on pics taken during Soarin?

Does iasw have a "no flash" policy?
That's what I was going to ask. I have never heard that announcment on IASW. Now, I don't take flash pictures on POC or HM, because they are dark rides and it will disturb other guests and their enjoying the ride, but I always take pictures on IASW. I hope I have never offended anyone!

hm, I know they have a "this song will be stuck in your head the rest fo the day" policy... flash photography is a little iffy though

That's it! WDW needs to come up with a catchy "No Flash Photos" song and intersperse it with the theme music in every waiting line everywhere. Soon we’ll all be singing it, and maybe some people will take a hint…:laughing:

On our trip last month we went on POTC 4-5 times...and every single time there were flashes going off. It would have been nice to ride just one of the times without the distraction :( I have never seen flashes go off on Soarin' though...I thought that one would be absolute common sense that pictures wouldn't come out but guess that is not the case.

I know Splash Mountain has a no flash policy which is violated frequently. I really didn't think you could flash on IASW, it's a kid's ride!

Oh....you mean flash photography!!!!!!!! ;)

I was not aware of IASW having no flash photography, because I know I have taken many pics with a flash on that attraction. I have never taken POC or HM photographs or Soarin. BTW will anything show up on pics taken during Soarin?

Flash pics will be totally blown out on Soarin'.

However, I have taken some non-flash pics that have come out okay. If only I had a more expensive lens, I could probably get some nice shots.

Now, if only we could get the rude and/or stupid people to stop taking flash pics on dark rides (POTS, GMR, etc.), then we'd be in good shape!

I agree wholeheartedly! We had a ride on IASW ruined by folks who can't follow directions.

Yeah, I’m definitely guilty of being an IaSW shutterbug too. Now I feel awful, I figured it was ok on that ride and that since it was relatively bright in there that people wouldn’t care. But I also wasn’t aware of any rule on that ride either.

On PoTC and HM I don’t think it’s worthwhile or considerate to take flash photography, given that those rides are meant to be experienced in near-darkness.

Generally though I don’t get upset at people who do take pics generally, since 1.) it’s Disney, and the trip is too short to let someone else get us bent out of shape, and 2.) I try and remember that lots of people there are once-in-a-lifetime visitors who may never see these things again and want their keepsakes (and then illogically ignore the fact that they are altering the experience for other once-in-a-lifetimers, apparently… :rotfl: )

For me, there are far worse offenses someone can do to ruin a ride for me than photos at inappropriate times. Poor hygiene being probably the worst offender, with bonus points for failing to change an infant’s diaper in a timely fashion.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't live locally, but usually go 3-4 times a year. I can't imagine going on POTC for the first time, only to have it ruined by the crazy strobe lighting you get from these morons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter