• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No dining plan this time - Need some Dinner ideas

w-family

Mouseketeer
So for the first time we are ditching the dining plan and cooking in. We are staying at BCV and there are two adults and four kids. I need some simple dinner ideas or easy lunches. I don't want to eat in every meal, but to keep costs down, we are going to have lunch and dinner in multiple times at home.

Already planned on pasta and salad one night and tacos. Any other easy ideas that you have had luck with? We are going at the end of February/ beginning of March. Thanks for the ideas!

I tend to use a lot of staples that I have in my pantry at home when I cook, so I am looking for some easy short cut ideas since I won't have those available to me.

What about salad with precooked chicken breast on top? We bought a huge bag of salad, bottle of dressings, and 2 packages of the precooked chicken and ate it for dinner then lunch for 2 consecutive days.

Pizza- I put all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, yeast) premeasured at home into a gallon ziplock bag and pack it in my suitcase. There I add oil and water day of pizza dinner. We buy sauce, pepperoni, and cheese there. Easy and delicious!

Hamburger macaroni and cheese- Package of hamburger meat browned and thrown into you favorite macaroni and cheese with a little bit of mustard. Sometimes we add peas too for a balanced affair.

Soup and grilled sandwiches

Breakfast for dinner

Store roasted chicken, mashed potatoes (instant or the already made kind), a vegetable, and salad. Dinner in 5 minutes.

Steaks, baked potatoes, vegetable. Dinner in 20 minutes.

Hot dogs and chips in the room, marshmallows and movies down by the lake!

Enjoy!!! :stir:

SotS

Chicken breats coated with Oven Fry,baked potatoes,and bagged salad. Sloppy Joes with frozen baked fries and corn.

I like to ship most of my pantry ingredients and order fresh meats and produce to be delivered. How about chili, shepared's pie, chicken or tuna casserole, or chicken fried rice?

Frozen pizza, grilled cheese and salami sandwhiches are our favs. my dd8 also likes the soup in a cup, for kids I would do the easy stuff.

If you drive bringing a crock pot makes an easy delious dinner. you put stuff for chili in before you leave.. and when you come home tired. Voila dinner.

You could even kinda- make it at home and keep frozen in a cooler. IE brown meat and onions and stuff put in a zip lock and bring a can of already chili mix, so there is no time in the AM.

I was thinking of grilling next time we go. I have a question with "What do you with the ashes?"

It seems to me that Disney takes care of them. We only grilled at the treehouses and on Hilton Head.

I made a bbq brisket (easy recipe from Betty Crocker - basically catsup, vinegar, onion, garlic, etc) one night that cooked all day when we were at the park. Leftovers were great for sandwiches. If you have a car, Costco on Orange Trail is a great place to buy large cuts of meat economically.

We're leaving in a week. We pre-cook items, freeze, and then check a box of frozen food at the airport. Menu plans...

Meatballs, pasta, sauce, garlic bread, salad (meatballs and sauce made ahead)

Marinated chicken, roasted potatoes, brocolli (chicken and potatoes made ahead)

Pulled chicken (BBQ), buns, corn bread, green beans (pulled chicken made ahead)

Frozen Fish Fillets, corn, salad

Frozen pizza

Lunch meat

Mac & Cheese

PB& J

Bisquick, bacon, eggs, cereal, bread

Apples, Oranges, Banannas

Milk, Frozen juice cans

That should cover us for the week...

I will sometimes go to the nearest Publix and grab a roasted chicken, some garlic bread, and a couple veggies. Pretty simple, very tasty.

Broiled salmon with rub, salad, risotto. Dinner in 20! You can do it on the grill but depending on room location to the grill, broiling can be a lot easier.

We'll be there next week in our Villa at OKW - planned spaghetti, frozen pizza, chicken breasts with fettucini alfredo, home-made chicken ranch snack wraps, hamburgers and fries, hot dogs, subs, grilled cheese.

Thanks guys! I never thought about making things ahead and bringing down with us. The food stays frozen that long? We are doing ME, so I have no idea when we will actually get the food to stick in the freezer. We order food and have it delivered, we don't get a car. You guys have some great ideas.

katied said:
We're leaving in a week. We pre-cook items, freeze, and then check a box of frozen food at the airport.

I would love to know more about the logistics of this! How do you box it up? Is it the same fees as checking a bag? Do you add anything to the box (ice packs, etc)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter