No difference between Child & Adult Credits

My guess is that having a kid pay $20 a day and be able to order a $32 steak and $8 dessert and $4 beverage is not going to happen... but having them order the $12.99 CS meal instead of the $7.99 kids meal is not something disney cares to worry about and enforce.

We were on the deluxe plan, so there is no distinction between adult and child credits at all. While the two "disney" children in our party usually ordered the kids meals, there were a couple of times they chose an adult meal. I definitely remember that at Teppan Edo, one of the kids wanted the salmon, which is not on the kids menu. They told us since we were on the deluxe plan, he could order an adult meal including an appetizer and desert. We definitely ordered adult meals at the few counter service locations we used. As long as the credits are pooled the way they are, I don't think they are enforcing the statement at all.

We were on the deluxe plan, so there is no distinction between adult and child credits at all. While the two "disney" children in our party usually ordered the kids meals, there were a couple of times they chose an adult meal. I definitely remember that at Teppan Edo, one of the kids wanted the salmon, which is not on the kids menu. They told us since we were on the deluxe plan, he could order an adult meal including an appetizer and desert. We definitely ordered adult meals at the few counter service locations we used. As long as the credits are pooled the way they are, I don't think they are enforcing the statement at all.

So on DXDP your TS credits were also pooled?

On the deluxe plan you get 3 credits per person per day. They are not designated for TS or QS, and they are pooled for your entire party.

Yeah we've used it before, but the kids always ordered off the kids menu anyway.

Considering upping my infant to a dining plan to use credits between us since we don't need tickets.

We had a little "pixie dust" on our last trip and they added in enough deluxe dining credits for all of us, 2 adults and 1 child, even though my son is 2 and we didn't pay for him to have a dining plan. We were able to use the credits for a friend of mine who joined us for quite a few meals and we did use a few for the little guy to have meals as well. All of our meals were at TS varying from character to 1 credit and 2 credit. Every time we asked a server to clarify, because it was a shock to us we had the number of credits we had, they were only able to tell us the total number of credits. There wasn't anything in the system that distinguished if they were adult or child credits.

Policy vs practice.... remember Disney is not in the "NO" business. They also give the CMs enough discretion to satisfy the guests. You don't need to complain in order for them to make sure your satisfied. I have found over the years, as a general rule, that the CMs are there to serve the guests not enforce policy. Will you get away with the kids eating adult QS, sometimes. But the policy is there if they don't give you the pixie dust treatment don't be mad at them.

Where it becomes a problem is if they HARM the guest experience by not following the rules. That is a huge difference between granting some leeway in the guests favor vs failing to follow policy to take away from the guests enjoyment.

When you consider most food establishments the price of an item is 3 times the cost , disney probably isnt losing any money on those deals . The fact that those people are in the parks paying for admission and hotel , Disney is making money . If a CM gives them a break of a couple bucks when the family is paying thousands it aint so bad . Those family's with kids that eat like adults are not going to be happy with the kids meal in many cases and the grumblings they have that will annoy thier parents will make them question if the expense of this kind of trip is worth it .

On the quick service plan, all credits are pooled with no technical distinction between adult credits and child credits. Same with the deluxe plan.

Only on the regular dining plan will the restaurant computers note a distinction between adult credits and child credits, and then only for the table service credits. Quick service credits are without distinction. On the regular plan, children's table service credits can be used only for children's menu meals (except at buffets and AYCE where everyone eats the same food).

There are no TS or QS credits on the deluxe plan, there are only deluxe meal credits, any of which can be used for either TS or QS, whichever the guest prefers.

I think it'd be really impossible to track at QS places - take my family for example, I'm the designated food ordered, wife is the designated table finder. She does her thing with the kids, I go grab everyone's food from the window and bring it back. If there's no distinction in the system for QS credits, I could easily order 4 adults meals for 2 adults and 2 kids.

I think it'd be really impossible to track at QS places - take my family for example, I'm the designated food ordered, wife is the designated table finder. She does her thing with the kids, I go grab everyone's food from the window and bring it back. If there's no distinction in the system for QS credits, I could easily order 4 adults meals for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Even though credits are not separate, the system does show the CM at the register that you have two adults and two children on the plan. It's always been up to the CM to enforce the restriction and not allow you to order more meals than match your party. In the past, people would go through the line twice to order more adult meals than they were allotted. Now, it seems CM's are no longer enforcing the restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter