No blisters???

babsaroo53

Earning My Ears
I must be slow or out of touch with the real world! I always thought that sandals were notorious for "rubbing blisters". What makes the Tevas and Straprunners different? They would certainly be much cooler. Do they have to be ordered online? Any store recommendations?

I learn so much from y'all. Thanks for your expertise and great information!

I never get blisters with my Mitre sandals, which are designed similarly to Tevas. The materials in mine are all soft rubber, so they don't create blisters like the hard plastics and even leather. The nice thing is, if they get wet, they dry immediately. This can be a problem with sneakers -- even though they are comfortable, if they get wet you can get blisters.

I have also used water shoes (the kind you wear to Blizzard Beach/TL). They are also really good at drying out and I have never gotten blisters, They don't have much arch support, but apparently I don't need much because my feet are fine for a full day of walking in them.

I also use sneakers, but only on days where I am pretty sure it won't rain.

I've never heard of Tevas or Straprunners????
What type of sandal are they and where can they be purchased??
Tell us more.
Would really like to wear sandals on those hot days at WDW.
Thanks

Tevas are expensive, so I'm not even sure they should be included on the budget board! But they are soft rubber bottomed sandals with nylon fabric straps that you close/tighten with velcro. The Mitres are very similar, except that the straps are soft rubber instead of the fabric. I actually think the rubber is more comfortable, because my delicate, princess-like feet are irritated by the Tevas because the fabric end is looped under the strap. And the Mitres are marginally less expensive! Actually, I got mine on sale for $10 at a tent sale at a local sporting good store.

I have no idea what Straprunners are, though.

Hi everyone! Here is thr Pacific Northwest about EVERYONE wears tevas!
Theycan be purchaced at R.E.I. stores and if you can not find an R.E.I try
www.rei.com . I have also seen them at ebay.
I swear by them! I wear them my DH wears them and my DS 11 and Ds9 wear them, and we will be wearing them in Aug at WDW!

AKL~Aug 21 2002
Disney Magic Western Cruise Aug 31

I've seen Tevas mostly at sporting goods stores - here we have Galyans, but any place similar to REI would have them. Personally they do indeed give me blisters. Make sure you try some on before buying - I have narrow feet with high arches, and the Tevas are too flat and too wide to ever be comfortable to me. I have to wear Tennis shoes in WDW - but oh how I envy my SO who can wear Born sandals in the parks!

Originally posted by cindyfan
I've never heard of Tevas or Straprunners????
What type of sandal are they and where can they be purchased??
Tell us more.
Would really like to wear sandals on those hot days at WDW.
Thanks

Check out www.justforfeet.com

Straprunners are by Nike and they are on sale for 19.99

Nike Straprunner II's are the BEST!! Wore them straight (they were brand new, no break-in time needed) for 10 days at Disney in May. They were great! Everyone in my family wears them (they have models for men, too) You won't regret it if you get these. Try Nike.com too. But I think justforfeet.com has the best price.

How do they work for wide sized feet? Did anyone ever get blisters with the Straprunners??

I'm tempted to buy them but am afraid to over the Internet as they may not fit me good!

Thanks

fyi...the strap runners for women are no longer on sale for $19.99. They are now $45.00...bummer. :(

I got tevas last summer. They were great, wore them all summer. Then I went on vacation, sorry to say they let me down. They gave me blisters even though they were very well worn in by that time. I still wear them but only for short jaunts. I just ordered some straprunners and will have to see if they provide better service. Real dissappointed in the tevas though.

I saw those and wished I knew if they'd fit women too?? I'm a size 7. Didn't know what to do...that's even cheaper than what the women's were on sale for!

I picked up a pair of Tevas 3 years ago after learning about them here. On our first disney trip I was a bit disappointed, but now they've been on many trips and I love them. I want some new shoes, but the old broken in ones are just so comfy. I think I'll stick with them until they fall apart.

Am I missing something? I find great sandals at Walmart and Target for less than $20, and wear them comfortably all summer long. I've found them for the whole family. I particularly like sandals with fabric on the sole, not just rubber/vinyl, which IMHO makes your feet sweat and end up stinking a lot more! I always insist on getting sandals with toe and ankle support anyway, and usually the kids get velcro closures.
I looked at the Tevas and Stapprunners on the links provided and they do not look like anything special.

I just got my Straprunner II sandals by fedex ground yesterday. I ordered them from Just for Feet website for $14.97 + tax. They feel very comfortable right out of the box. I will break them in some before my trip.

Bart

The thing about tevas is that there are different styles. I have two pairs. Hurricains, and pretty rugged. The hurricains are ok, but I wouldn't walk around in them all day. The pretty ruggeds are great. I wore them on my last trip to disney, and didn't have any problems with my feet. Sometimes if you go on www.reioutlet.com you can get a good deal on them.

I got the leather Tevas at Rei Outlet last year for only $29.00, However I had to send them back. Couldn't seem to get them to fit. I would like to try the Straprunners, maybe they'll go on sale again.

I got the leather Tevas at Rei Outlet last year for only $29.00, However I had to send them back. Couldn't seem to get them to fit. I would like to try the Straprunners, maybe they'll go on sale again. I do love my Lands End sandals though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter