• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No bag tips!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

I'm going solo in 106 days! I'm so excited. We did WDW as a family this past November and we have finally hit the sweet spot with our kids too. I found myself carrying less and less with me each day. I have really sensitive neck/shoulder issues and multiple days of a bag of any kind really starts to flare it up.. so I'm ready to figure out how to go bag-less.

Any tips?

I got a phone case that has a wallet built in so I can carry my cards. I also got a slimmer/ cordless power bank. I usually wear more compression type pants with pockets.

Can you wear a fanny pack? I carry my lip stuff, wallet, hand sanitizer, sunglasses and phone. Totally snug and compact. Hope that helps.

Fanny Pack all the way! I can even fit a bottled water in mine, it's amazing and really frees up your hands and they are SO popular now, even have some cute Disney ones!

I just wear a hat, wear my sunglasses, have a wallet phone case and regular glasses case that go in a pocket. I am a minimalist when it comes to Disney though. If I need something to drink I buy it. I prefer not having any bags. I have thought about getting a fanny pack though just so I don't have to have my phone and glasses case in my pockets.

I either wear leggings with pockets--DL and CC in one pocket, phone in the other, or hiking shorts or pants with lots of zipper pockets. I have a Mickey head glasses-holder necklace that holds my readers or sunglasses, as I switch off. If I need a jacket or hoodie I tie it around my waist when not wearing. The ease and freedom of going bagless and hands-free is worth the price of buying water.

I am in the same boat with neck pain from backpacks and heavy bags. This is what I do. I have a very small crossbody purse. It’s light. I only put a small wallet, my phone, hand sanitizer and my sunglasses in it. I never take it off all day. Even on rides. It’s that small and easy to fit.

Then, I carry my yeti, which is annoying and heavy. So I bought this (link wasn’t working so I added a photo)

I realize this one isn’t available, but there are a lot of very similar items. But, what I did was remove the long strap, and added a smaller paracord handle. So I carry my water in my hand, not on my shoulders. The handle is long enough that I can slip it up my arm a bit if I need to be hands free. And then it easily fits in the pouches for bags on all the rides. It totally helps my neck! And then in the zipper compartments in the water bottle holder I carry liquid iv, crystal lite, small snacks etc. nothing too heavy.

My kids are older now so they know if they bring something in the park, they gotta carry it. I am no longer going to carry their items. Makes my days at the parks so much more enjoyable! I did the same at WDW because we went in august and it was so hot, I couldn’t imagine wearing a backpack or anything. Have a fun trip!!

Attachments

• 24644050-692C-41B2-BA4C-2B948F753EB9.png
    24644050-692C-41B2-BA4C-2B948F753EB9.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

I put everything in cargo shorts - it if won't fit it ain't coming! I carry a small tube of sunscreen and a small hand sanitizer, a flat-packed emegency poncho, and my sunglasses case. I also carry a slimmed down wallet and of course my phone. I slep a few alcohol wipes for my glasses in with the poncho, and even some important cards or papers fit in that bag well (usually they have a little ziploc style top). I find that I don't need much else.

I use apple wallet for purchases on my phone (so easy to tap and go), so I carry my phone, a thin changer and cord, an ID and a small tub of sunscreen. Fits in a couple pockets.

I put everything in cargo shorts - it if won't fit it ain't coming!
This has been my M.O. but I've recently purchased some kind of shoulder sling with a small pouch on it. Trying it out for the first time on our WDW trip next month. My cargo shorts get pretty weighted down with stuff, hoping to relieve some of that.

Lanyard with Water bottle clip and a carabiner.
You clip a water bottle to walk around hands free and the carabiner I use to clip on my hat when I hit an inside attraction or one where the hat might blow off, I'm looking at you incredacoaster.
Example of the water bottle clip.

Lanyard with Water bottle clip and a carabiner.
You clip a water bottle to walk around hands free and the carabiner I use to clip on my hat when I hit an inside attraction or one where the hat might blow off, I'm looking at you incredacoaster.
Example of the water bottle clip.
I have a water bottle clip also and I have a collapsible water bottle with a loop I can attach to a carabiner and clip in a belt loop (I've gotten dehydrated once or twice - no fun!).

Target sells these great lightweight hiking pants in their exercise area that have lots of pockets, some with zippers and some without. I wear them all the time to the theme parks so that I don't have to carry a backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter