No AP rate for ASMo, is there any hope?

luvthatduke

It's not a vacation unless it's a road trip.
I called CRO this morning, hoping to get the
AP rate along with a lot of others
(and congrats to those who did, BTW).
CM said she was surprised but nothing AT ALL
coming up for ASMo - however, all the other
All Stars, and POP, came up with the discount.

I'm considering changing to another AS resort,
but I really don't want to.
We have a month until we leave,
has anyone had this experience before,
and did your previously unavailable resort
become available for discount before your trip?
I don't want to give up easily,
& I plan on calling back frequently "just in case,"
but I would like a reality check from anyone who
went thru the same scenario.

TIA :wave2:

I had a similiar experience this am. I changed my ressie from ASMo to ASMu, we have 3 rooms for 2 nights. I bet my kids will be dissappointed though.

FYI, I noticed on another thread that POP was out of AP codes already. Atleast I think that is what was stated.

Getting a discount on ASMo is harder then the others. You may not get lucky. I would move to one of the other All Stars.

Wow!!! Who knew I was so lucky. I got Movies this morning. But am hoping to get moved to POR instead but haven't heard back yet. I'll post as soon as hear anything so you can try to book what I turn back in.

Thanks everyone!
And goofy4tink, congrats!!
I'm gonna keep calling, you've given me hope *smile*.

luvthatduke said:
I called CRO this morning, hoping to get the
AP rate along with a lot of others
(and congrats to those who did, BTW).
CM said she was surprised but nothing AT ALL
coming up for ASMo - however, all the other
All Stars, and POP, came up with the discount.

I'm considering changing to another AS resort,
but I really don't want to.
We have a month until we leave,
has anyone had this experience before,
and did your previously unavailable resort
become available for discount before your trip?
I don't want to give up easily,
& I plan on calling back frequently "just in case,"
but I would like a reality check from anyone who
went thru the same scenario.

TIA :wave2:

The key is not to give up! As many others have posted before, people are changing their ressies ALL THE TIME!
Take me for instance: 1. Had ressie at Pop with AAA 2.Chaged to PORR when AP codes came out (really wanted POFQ, but alas, none were available that night. I had called twice, and the final CM said to not give up!) 3.Yesterday morning I called, around 8:45 am. I was chit-chating with CM about how my old address is still in the system and she was going to change it, ect. She said to hold on and she would see if anything was available at PORFQ, after a few quiet moments she came back and asked if standard would be ok! I mean, are you kidding?!? I will take it! Woke up DH on our "sleeping in day" and I am so excited! So please don't give up! Keep trying up until check-in!

I called last night and got an AP rate for POP the 5/28 - 6/5. Wanted AsMo cause DD loves it, but decided to try something different. Heard alot of great things, so we are really looking forward to it.

We went through the exact same thing. We had AKL booked with the code and then I decided I better not spend that much. We called our TA (who I :lovestruc LOVE :lovestruc - this woman is fantastic and I will plug her at every opportunity; she went totally out of our way for us... :cheer2: Susie from Small World Vacations :cheer2: ...) and she checked into it and there were no codes at ASMo so we book POFQ b/c it was cheaper with the code than the rack rate of the Value.

Anywhooo...she kept calling back and got us into ASMo. We check in tomorrow. :banana: :banana: :banana:

So there's hope!! Keep calling! :wave:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, & thank you!
You guys are great!
I did call again this a.m. but nothing,
not to worry tho - I'll keep calling.

Thought about switching to ASMu or POP,
but DS (2) loves Buzz & Woody.
Even if we don't get their buildings,
at least he'll "see" them each day when
we walk around.
But, I will definitely keep the recommendation
in mind just in case.

Yes, keep on trying. I booked POP when I first called since there were no Moderates available. I called today and was able to score POFQ :).

robinb said:
Yes, keep on trying. I booked POP when I first called since there were no Moderates available. I called today and was able to score POFQ :).

Glad to hear you scored, Robin - I'm happy for you :wave2:

Hey, I just noticed the new sub-category!
I was wondering when it would get to be too much...

Last October I called to book our Christmas week vacation and really wanted to stay at the Poly. At that time there was no availability so I ended up booking the AKL. I kept calling back every two weeks to see if anything had opened up. Finally, in the beginning of December, rooms magically became available for our dates and at the AP discount. I wouldn't give up hope. Just keep calling back. People call and cancel ressies all the time. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter