No All Star Resorts Available for May 2018 trip???

Amy Calk Smith

Earning My Ears
The day Disney opened the 2018 dates to book your Disney Vacation our Disney Travel Agent booked our vacation for May 2018. May 12-19. But there were no All Star resorts available! How's that possible? We went ahead and booked Pop Century.

If your heart is set on it, keep checking back. I bet a block of rooms is being held that won't get fully booked. OTOH, maybe it's going to have a huge population of cheerleaders, so you'd be better off at POP.

If your heart is set on it, keep checking back. I bet a block of rooms is being held that won't get fully booked. OTOH, maybe it's going to have a huge population of cheerleaders, so you'd be better off at POP.

Last May the Cheer competition took over all 3 All Star resorts completely.

Pop is being renovated - the new rooms look great! I wouldn't switch to an All Stars from Pop for your trip dates (while large loud groups could also be at Pop, its pretty likely at AS, and you don't get the cool new renovated rooms). And remember at Pop you can walk over the bridge - over the water - to eat at AoA's great food court. (And, take the AoA bus back from parks - IIRC they are always next to Pop's bus stop, so you can take whichever shows up first).

Pop is being renovated - the new rooms look great! I wouldn't switch to an All Stars from Pop for your trip dates (while large loud groups could also be at Pop, its pretty likely at AS, and you don't get the cool new renovated rooms). And remember at Pop you can walk over the bridge - over the water - to eat at AoA's great food court. (And, take the AoA bus back from parks - IIRC they are always next to Pop's bus stop, so you can take whichever shows up first).

Just a word of caution the bridge will most likely be closed for an extended period of time during the Gondola station and infrastructure installation.

I am kind of excited about trying out a different resort this trip. I think we will just stick with our Pop Century room. Its a bit more expensive, but hopefully there will be some kind of resort discount come out this winter for when we go next May. Keeping my fingers crossed. Our fist trip in 2012 only cost us $1600 for 5 days at All Star Sports and 5 day tickets and a free meal plan! That was an incredible deal!!

Last May the Cheer competition took over all 3 All Star resorts completely.
We went in May 2015 and there weren't any competitions going on at that time. I guess the week we went just missed them! I am excited to try a new resort this time and hopefully get a renovated room, too! We booked a preferred pool view room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter