No ADR's for 3ppl but many for 4?

Huff

DIS Veteran
We will be a party of 3 for our upcoming trip. I've noticed almost no ADR's available anywhere for 3ppl during our week. However, I can get most anywhere I want for a party of 4ppl.

Should I go ahead and make ADR's for 4 and just tell them when we get to each that 1 person could not make it?

I also noticed when looking for ADR's at Chefs de France it stated that our party maybe seated at 2 tables when trying for a party of 4. Being a party of 3 that would be bad if 1 person was seated away from the others.

What to do?

Your party of 3 will be seated at a table with 4 chairs anyway, so booking as 4 will not be a problem. No one will even bat an eye when you checkin.

Do not do this at a restaurant that requires prepayment or a CC guarantee. You will be charged for an extra person.

This being the Disboards, you might get some opinions that this is wrong. I, however, think that it is fine.

Oh and it always says that your party may be split up. No worries. I've never read about that actually happening.

I agree with PP. Your party of 3 will likely be seated at a table for 4 anyway. Most of the hosts/hostesses will not even notice.

We booked a table for 5 at O'Hana in August, knowing that we only had a table of 4. We couldn't get the table of 4, but the 5 came up for a time that worked well for us. I told DH about it after the fact and he was glad that I did 5. DH uses a wheelchair and the round tables work so much better for him than the squares at O'Hana.

Good luck!

I figured 3 ppl would most likely be seated at a table for 4. But for Chefs De France somethings not right! Why would they reject a party of 3 but allow an ADR for 4? Seems that means they really do have tables for 3 people only.

Same thing happened for me when I tried to book for 3 ppl at Chef Mickey's. I got "no reservations available" for 3 ppl, but the exact time we wanted for 4 ppl...so I booked the 4 ppl. So, naturally, I say 'go for it'! :goodvibes

There is a bug in the system (both online and phone) that does not show all availability for odd numbers of people. It doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not. You won't have any issues except at pre-paid or CC-held locations.

Disney has a weird system

if the table has 4 chairs, they say no availabillity to a party of 3

Book away! CM have advised many to do so

Have a great trip! :cool1:

Yep... we are a party of 3 or 5 if the in-laws come. We have had trouble getting ADRs. A dining line CM strongly suggested to me that we grow an extra person because there are not as many tables in the system for those size parties. We miraculously grew another child and the CM said "Oh look at all these available times, which one do you want?" Actually you can do it for credit card guaranteed meals and even for CRT. The way to do that is to grow an infant or 1 year old. They are free, so you don't get charged for them.

I just wanted to say thank you for this tread. I was so bummed that we couldn't get a ressie for O'hana on our upcoming trip in August. There have been no ressies for 3 ppl available the whole week we will be there. I just put in 4 and got a 5:05pm dinner ressie:banana:

I'm so excited:woohoo:

Go for it. When DH and I were booking CRT there were no tables for 2 so the CM put us down as 2 adults and 1 infant, this way we wouldn't be charged for lacking one guest. It worked out fine.

Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

I love all these responses to growing an "extra child"! So far, I've been trying to book Garden Grill using this suggestion and so far no luck. Will keep trying!:dance3::cheer2::happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter