Nikki and Tom take on F&W and MNSSHP-Take 2! LINK TO TR pg. 55

If you're bored and want a story.......

Okay friends, those of you who know me know that I am quite the penny pincher. I rarely spend money throughout the year so that I can save for the ever-important disney trips and many, many drinks around the world! So about two or three trips ago, I started seeing these Dooney and Bourke bags in the parks and resorts. To be honest, I had never heard of Dooney and Bourke before so when I picked up this cheap looking pink bag with green mickeys on it, I was SHOCKED to see the sticker price and vowed I would NEVER spend that much money on a bag...

Fast forward to now....

My mom tells me about a month ago that she wants to buy me a Disney Dooney bag for my birthday. (It's a big one this year!) Honestly, I never even entertained the thought of buying one of these bags but once she put the idea in my head, I became obsessed!! (This is one of the major reasons I won't join Facebook, btw. I have a crazy obsessive personality and I don't need something else to become obsessed with!) Anyway, looking at all the styles and designs on disneyshopping.com, I didn't really LOVE any particular bag but I picked the one I liked best out of all them...the disney sketch medium tote.

So even though my birthday isn't until March, my mom decided she was going to get the bag during one of the sales a few weeks ago. Well the very night she ordered the bag, someone on the Dooney thread posted a sketch bag that no one had ever seen before! It's called Disney Sketch Lucy and it's like a bucket bag. She bought it on ebay from someone who apparently bought it in the parks but no one else knew it ever existed! So it was a mystery!!!

So I told my mom about this bag and she has made it her mission to find it! She called disneystore.com and Disney merchandising many, many times! Luckily, the girl who has the bag posted the tag with number so eventually, after talking to many many people, my mom was getting a little more information each day she called! First they said they never heard of it, then they said it's coming, then they gave her a date that it would be out by, then she was told they ordered only 200 and will call her when it's coming out then TODAY she called one last time......

She spoke to someone who said, "Yes I see the bag, would you like me to order that for you?" "YYEEEEESSS!" So finally, success!! My mom called me and I was like, "You have to call back right now and order another one!" :lmao: I figured if there was some chance that something was wrong with the first one, we'd have a back-up and with only 200 being made, by the time we exchanged they might be sold out. So she called back and was told it's there but NOT available to order!!!!!! To which she said, "But I just ordered one!" So she convinced the lady to let her order another one!

I'm sure this is the most boring story but it's very exciting to me and my mom! I just hope that I really do love this bag and it wasn't just the thrill of the chase!

In the meantime, my disney sketch medium tote arrived so I, of course, had to take some pictures of it!! We are going to return it but not yet. I want to have them both to compare. Either way, this one is going back because I don't love the placement of Mickey or the Castle, the two things I want front and center!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Hopefully, this won't lead to wanting more Dooney bags but I'm afraid when new styles, designs come out, I'll be wanting them all!!!

Oh and if you are interested, the Lucy bag (Lucy is my mom's name btw!) is the same "sketch" design as the tote pictured but the style is like this.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCC...47&minisite=10020&respid=22372&dbdcc=NTWHSVNA

Congrats on your Disney Dooney, the Lucy style is really cute! :thumbsup2

Oh, and you will definitely want more Dooney bags...I bought one when I was there this past November (the canvas one with the pink writing) and I LOVE it! :lovestruc I definitely want more of them, I'd love one with the balloon pattern, and I still want a colored sketchy crossbody bag! They are SO expensive though, not a good thing to start collecting! I should stick to mugs and magnets! :laughing:

YAY! For your disney dooney! i am the original poster of disney dooneys and try to keep our thread on them as up to date as possible :goodvibes your placement is not terrific but ive seen much worse. i own that cindy tote and i hate that it doesnt stay on my shoulder well! i love the new lucy tote and hope they put it up on ds.com soon!

yes, we can definitely count down together .. i am so excited and i am already counting down (244 more days!)

Yay for the Disney Dooney!!! :thumbsup2 And I know what you mean... I have a very, very obsessive personality myself! :laughing: It's either "all or nothing" for me!

We don't spend money on much of anything throughout the year. I'd rather save our money and spend a few days in, what I truly believe is, the happiest place on earth. That said, we are very hopeful that, by then, Tom will have a job and we can enjoy our vacation worry-free!

Coming Up: Additional Cast!!

We have been to Disney the last 2 years - 2 years ago Christmas time we went for 7 days with my mom - staying at the Poly and then last January I went with my girlfiend for 4 days staying at OKW. Friday - we leave for Jake's wish and staying at GKTW. He could have chosen anywhere and he chose Disney because he said "It is the HAPPIEST" place on earth" and he always smiles when he is there.

Erin♥sDisney;39722735 said:
So happy to be a part of the mystery cast!

Yay!! I am so glad you joined the Disboards! Now you can contribute to this trip report! So excited for us to go on this trip together! Look at my ticker. It'll be exactly 8 months tomorrow!! :cool1:

BTW, I love your username AND what a very fitting avatar picture for the "mystery castmember!"

I have no idea how I managed to get this far behind!!! Yikes! :scared1:

Ok...so your running the 5k...wow! :eek: I am so in awe of people that can run, I would love to and DBF can run for miles but me not so much I can onoly do short sharp bursts (like my dancing, each dance lasts about 3-4 mins then we rest for ten!:lmao:) So I'll be looking forward to reading about it, and it will be very cool to say you ran through a Disney race!

And the Dooney & Bourke bag...Oh man!!!:cloud9: I have also developed a major D&B obsession and my mum is hopefully bringing me one back from her May trip as a belated birthday present...on my actual birthday I just got a few smaller i8tems as the bag is so expensive, my sister (didn't know about the D&B plan) looked at my small present sadly and said 'I really hope the credit crunch is over by my birthday!':lmao:

Only 200 of the bucket bag...exclusivity! :woohoo:your gonna have loads of people commenting on it I bet! they are just so beautiful! I'm torn between the medium sketch tote and the princess bag! :yay:

Love the bag Nikki!!

I got the small wristlet with that print when we were in WDW last December, and I got my sister the green wristlet too :goodvibes .. I am definitely hoping to get a Cruise Line style one while we're on honeymoon!

I must admit I'd never heard of the designer until Disney brought out this range.. then, when we were in New York.. I saw a Dooney & Bourke shop (near Bloomingdales) and said to DF "oh look... D&B!" :laughing:

Emma princess: x

What a great early birthday present! Love that style! I know your original reason for ordering two was in case something was wrong with one of them, but it was also a good idea so you could pick the placement of your choice. :thumbsup2 You have just started yourself a new addiction! :laughing:

I have no idea how I managed to get this far behind!!! Yikes! :scared1:

Ok...so your running the 5k...wow! :eek: I am so in awe of people that can run, I would love to and DBF can run for miles but me not so much I can onoly do short sharp bursts (like my dancing, each dance lasts about 3-4 mins then we rest for ten!:lmao:) So I'll be looking forward to reading about it, and it will be very cool to say you ran through a Disney race!

And the Dooney & Bourke bag...Oh man!!!:cloud9: I have also developed a major D&B obsession and my mum is hopefully bringing me one back from her May trip as a belated birthday present...on my actual birthday I just got a few smaller i8tems as the bag is so expensive, my sister (didn't know about the D&B plan) looked at my small present sadly and said 'I really hope the credit crunch is over by my birthday!':lmao:

Only 200 of the bucket bag...exclusivity! :woohoo:your gonna have loads of people commenting on it I bet! they are just so beautiful! I'm torn between the medium sketch tote and the princess bag! :yay:

Glad you're all caught up! Must have been all those delicious American treats keeping you so busy! ;)

Congrats on the D&B!! That's an awesome birthday present!

Thanks!!!

That is probably the coolest Disney Dooney I have seen!

Isn't the design awesome?!? I can't wait to see the Lucy when it arrives...

Love the bag Nikki!!

I got the small wristlet with that print when we were in WDW last December, and I got my sister the green wristlet too :goodvibes .. I am definitely hoping to get a Cruise Line style one while we're on honeymoon!

I must admit I'd never heard of the designer until Disney brought out this range.. then, when we were in New York.. I saw a Dooney & Bourke shop (near Bloomingdales) and said to DF "oh look... D&B!" :laughing:

Emma princess: x

Funny! What's weird is that they don't show any of the Disney bags on their website. I think the cruise line styles are really cool. I heard there is madness over the new Dream bags on the ship this week...

That is a great bag Nikki!!!

:goodvibes

What a great early birthday present! Love that style! I know your original reason for ordering two was in case something was wrong with one of them, but it was also a good idea so you could pick the placement of your choice. :thumbsup2 You have just started yourself a new addiction! :laughing:

Best b-day present ever! I definitely thought about the ability to pick the placement I like most. I really think you are right...I'm starting to feel those addicted vibes already! Like, I can't wait for the variety of 40th anniversary bags and hope maybe to get a wallet.....

yay for the Dooney. So weird about that bag being almost non-existent to Disney hehe

I want the black princess one ;)

I also saw some with like Mickey balloons, I like those also.

Loving the D&B bag, what a lovely gift from your mum :goodvibes

The D&B bags are lovely, have you seen the Cruise ones and the ones for the Inaugural Cruise? So cute. I bought a few wristlets last year and love them and am hoping to get a few this year too :teeth:

What a good Momma you have! And I bet you can probably sell the second Lucy bag on eBay for a profit if there are only going to be 200 made. :laughing: You have to take pics of the new ones when they arrive and let us know your decision. I hope the placement of the Mickey and Castle are good on one of the new ones!!!

My Lucy bags arrived!!! I ordered two so that I could choose but I'm still really torn. Neither of them have really awesome placement and the one I prefer over the other has a weird zipper...like it's hard to close.

The most important things to me are the castle, banner that says Walt Disney World and Mickey.

Here is the one I prefer front and then back. Not a really good Mickey but good castle and banner. I kind of like the balloon placement on the back.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here's the other one. Good for Mickey but not for banner and castle.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here they both are together...
ry%3D400

I don't know. I'm so torn! The one I like better (on the right) has a weird zipper (like I said) and also a weird bump on the bottom left (you can sort of see) not sure if it will go away once I put stuff in it. Anyway, my mom is going to return the one of the left and order ANOTHER one so I can decide between those two!

I can't believe how crazy this is making me!

That is a really cool bag, Nikki! How nice of your mom to get if for you and early!

:thumbsup2

yay for the Dooney. So weird about that bag being almost non-existent to Disney hehe

I want the black princess one ;)

I also saw some with like Mickey balloons, I like those also.

I like the balloons. I got the cosmetic bag with the balloons and it's so cute!

Loving the D&B bag, what a lovely gift from your mum :goodvibes

The D&B bags are lovely, have you seen the Cruise ones and the ones for the Inaugural Cruise? So cute. I bought a few wristlets last year and love them and am hoping to get a few this year too :teeth:

I've seen the cruise ones! Thank goodness they weren't out when we did our cruise! :rotfl:

What a good Momma you have! And I bet you can probably sell the second Lucy bag on eBay for a profit if there are only going to be 200 made. :laughing: You have to take pics of the new ones when they arrive and let us know your decision. I hope the placement of the Mickey and Castle are good on one of the new ones!!!

Yes, she's very good! I want to hold onto the extra Lucy but my mom would rather just return it. I understand that. If it was me, I'd totally sell it on ebay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter