• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

I’m sure you were all so stressed out about Gwen’s phone ( poor girl). So glad you got it back and finished your day on a happy note. Dinner and fireworks sound pretty perfect :goodvibes
You’re managing to tick off so many squares on the birthday bingo card too 🥳
It was def a little rough around the edges at one point. But thankfully it all worked out ok in the end!

Ugh, losing a phone at WDW is SOOOO stressful!!!! I'm so glad for Gwen's sake that it was easier this time than when I dropped my stupid phone into Rock'n Rollercoaster. So sad. It still lives in the bottom of the exit area somewhere. I called every day for a month after and it was never found. 😭😭

52639458952_3fdb54520d_z.jpg
Oh, that looks so instagram-worthy!!! I had never seen or heard of this flight before either, but it sure sounds refreshing and tasty!!!

Ugh, losing a phone at WDW is SOOOO stressful!!!! I'm so glad for Gwen's sake that it was easier this time than when I dropped my stupid phone into Rock'n Rollercoaster. So sad. It still lives in the bottom of the exit area somewhere. I called every day for a month after and it was never found. 😭😭
It is! My brother in law lost his phone the same way on Buzz Lightyear. But they were lucky enough to get it back somehow.

Oh, that looks so instagram-worthy!!! I had never seen or heard of this flight before either, but it sure sounds refreshing and tasty!!!
I am a sucker for any kind of flight! They are just fun. Although these were all of the moonshines on tap and I still perfer my watermelon mash over the flight.

Oh no!! Losing a phone sounds so stressful. And poor Gwen probably felt bad that it happened on Andy's birthday. Thank goodness you were able to get it back and were able to knock off several Bingo items since you were in the MK.

No, they still don't have park buses to Disney Springs! SO ANNOYING.

Your dinner at Homecomin' looks delicious. My gosh, everything sounds great. I really hope I can eat there one day.

Oh man, that lost phone really stinks! My kids have pretty intense "stuff" blindness and lose things constantly. I don't think they're getting phones until they're in college! LOL So glad you were able to get it back that same day, even though it did mess with your afternoon plans.

Gwen was crying. She felt bad for losing her phone and she thought she had ruined Andy’s birthday.
Oh poor Gwen, that is so sweet and sad all at once! I totally know that horrible sinking feeling in your gut when you lose a phone at Disney. On a Disney trip in middle school I lost my first cell phone (RIP my hot pink motorola razr) on Space Mountain on the last day of our trip and never got it back--I also cried. I'm so glad you were able to get her phone back and it was so painless (stupid online form aside).

I just found this TR this weekend and flew through it, really love your reviews so excited to see how the rest of your trip went!

Ohhhhhhhh I want one of those flights!
It was so good.

Putting that moonshine flight on my list LOL. Looks like a good 50th! When we go to Disneyland this summer for my friends 50th, I may need to steal your bingo idea. So cute.
The moonshine flight was a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear how you like Disneyland!!

Oh no!! Losing a phone sounds so stressful. And poor Gwen probably felt bad that it happened on Andy's birthday. Thank goodness you were able to get it back and were able to knock off several Bingo items since you were in the MK.
It was pretty stressful but all worked out. We made the most of it.

Your dinner at Homecomin' looks delicious. My gosh, everything sounds great. I really hope I can eat there one day.
Homecomin has become a must to do stop for us. It's good food and not too pricey if you share plates, which is easy to do here.

Oh man, that lost phone really stinks! My kids have pretty intense "stuff" blindness and lose things constantly. I don't think they're getting phones until they're in college! LOL So glad you were able to get it back that same day, even though it did mess with your afternoon plans
In Gwen's defense, it is literally the only time she has forgotten something. I have a feeling she is tramatized by it, she didn't bring her phone to the parks on the Disneyland trip half the days.

I just found this TR this weekend and flew through it, really love your reviews so excited to see how the rest of your trip went!
WELCOME!!! That was a lot of trip to read!

On a Disney trip in middle school I lost my first cell phone (RIP my hot pink motorola razr) on Space Mountain on the last day of our trip and never got it back--I also cried. I'm so glad you were able to get her phone back and it was so painless (stupid online form aside).
I had the same phone back in the day! I loved mine too! Sad that you lost it. How many phones are lost on rides?

I think I have skipped updating our stats for a few of the days. But at this point here is what our ride count was.

50 Rides for turning 50
# of Rides: 44 of 50 - We are getting close!
Miles Walked: 9.71 Miles / 68.05
Total Rides: 7 New Rides / Day Total: 11 / Trip Total: 52

• Buzz Lightyear
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • It’s a Small World
  • Meet Mickey
  • Tiki Room
  • 50th Calvacade
  • Harmonious

If you have lost track, today is Sunday, which would normally be the day we would be leaving BUT since this was our big trip back after covid and all, we extended it to Wednesday. So, we still have 4 park days! Which means, I need to get moving on these last few days!!

Day Nine: Magic Kingdom
Today we were heading to Magic Kingdom again. I woke up at 6:55 to make LL again. I was def over having to wake up each morning to make a LL.

We all slowly got up and finally left the room at 7:45.
IMG_1949

When we got down to the bus stop there wasn't a ton of people. BUT the few that were there were all trying to grab Ubers to MK. So, it must have been awhile since a bus showed up.

The board said it would be there at 8:09, so decided to wait and see for at least a little bit.

Bus came at 8:05, we all loaded on and almost left but a family with an ECV showed up so they loaded them on and finally left at 8:10.

Our stop had a CM helping direct people , which was nice. One family showed up just before the bus showed up and tried to jump the line. He kept the order that everyone showed up.

The good news was we went straight to MK. Arrived at Magic Kingdom at 8:22. Which was just before early entry for hotel guests.

IMG_1949

I think the goal this morning was to hit some rides we hadn't done yet to get us to our 50 rides. So, once in Magic Kingdom, we went straight for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

IMG_1949
Pooh had a 10 minute wait. Got in line at 8:36 and on the ride 8:45. It felt like the longest line!

IMG_1949

There was a woman behind me in line, and asked if I knew how to find wait times on the app now. She said she knew how to before but didn’t know. I showed her how to use it. I felt useful! But also, it just shows how terrible the app is, It really isn't set up well.
IMG_1949

IMG_1949
I think we were too big for this ride. ha.

After the ride, Gwen wanted to try and find the hidden submarine. We saw it on All Ears at some point.
IMG_1949
It's inside the tree house somewhere...

But she couldn't find it. It was funny to see, she went in with 2 small kids and she is so tall now, all you saw was her legs.

We headed to the Tea Cups next! Which of course, had no wait.
IMG_1949
Morgan and Gwen went in a teacup together and tried to spin as fast as they could.
IMG_1949

While Andy and I went in a different one and didn’t spin at all. If you don’t spin at all, it’s not too bad.
IMG_1949

IMG_1949

Next, we headed over to Barnstormer with only 5 maybe.
IMG_1949

IMG_1949
We were in line at 8:58 and on the ride at 9:04. Weird rides to be doing first thing in the morning but we were getting through some rides fairly quickly.

IMG_1949

IMG_1949

We hit Dumbo next as it was only a 5 minute wait. 9:10 in line and on the ride at 9:16. Morgan went with me, as she didn’t want to go high.

IMG_1949
Dumbo really is so pretty!

IMG_1949

IMG_1949
I know I always say things like this, but this picture... Makes me so glad we have trips like this, the girls are getting so big and I know there will be a point where we can't or the girls won't want to do trips like this with us...

IMG_1949
I mean some how this is still her face on this ride!

IMG_1949
Me and Morgan enjoying the bottom of the ride... Oh Morgan.

Andy wanted to go into Big Top Souvenir but it wasn’t open yet. Or maybe not at all still. I don't remember at this point. We decided at this point we needed breakfast.

Next Up Breakfast!

Precious memories being made! I love all the fantasyland rides- probably because they are the first rides we always went to when my kids were small. Great morning 😊

Day Nine: Breakfast Edition

I left us off hungry! Ha. We (by that I mean ME) mobile ordered breakfast from Friar Nook's while in line for Dumbo.

I ordered a bunch of stuff for us to share:

• Breakfast Sandwich
  • Tater Tots with gravy
  • Plain tots with gravy on the side
  • Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
  • Iced coffee for Andy
  • A Bottle of water for the girls
IMG_1996

It was all fine... The gravy wasn't bad but not nearly as good as Woody's Lunch Box version. The donuts were fine, they were sugar and dough... Nothing here I would say make a point to get but none of it was terrible.
The breakfast sandwich came with tots, which I didn’t realize. So, we had ALOT of tots! oops. But we managed to eat them all between the 4 of us.

While we sat and relaxed, we decided what to do for the rest of the morning.

I wanted to circle around and go do Splash Mountain but the girls didn’t want to walk all the way around the park and back. but Andy wanted to do Astro Orbiter, since the app said it was low wait. So, we headed over that way.

IMG_1996
Got a cute a picture on the way over of the ladies! (food makes them more agreeable for pictures)

IMG_1996
And we found the Cheshire Cat!

Once we got over to Astro Orbitor it said the wait was now 45minutes. Andy didn’t want to wait. Sigh... So we changed plans.

So, we Decided to do Monster Laugh Floor. But first we hit the bathroom at Tomorrowland terrace first. Then got in line only after Gwen got a purple wall photo.

IMG_1996

IMG_1996

BUT apparently the Monsters were having issues with the ride. They started making announcements about a delay. So, we got out of line.

We went to Buzz instead. It had a 20 min wait and thankfully we only waited 11 minutes.
IMG_1996

IMG_1996

Morgan wanted to try and get Galactic Hero.
IMG_1996

IMG_1996
This is me only half caring about my score...

IMG_1996

No one got galactic hero.
IMG_1996
But Morgan did pretty well... me... eh....

After Buzz we decided to go to a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

We walked right into the next show.
IMG_1996

Got nice and middle seats.
IMG_1996

IMG_1996
we all enjoy Caroseul of Progress. And the last scene always gets me, since my mom used to wear outfits just like the moms.

We headed to use Space Mountain to finally use our first Lighting Lane of the day!

IMG_2048

We waited 5 minutes to ride, not too bad. We were on and off Space Mountain so fast! Andy barely had time to sit and wait for us!
IMG_2048
I mean look at that line and us just flying by! It was great. Especially since Andy just usually sits and waits for us.

IMG_2048

IMG_2048

We checked out the store on the way out.
IMG_2048
I always want this store to have good stuff and it just never does. But I guess now it is all Tron stuff?

We met up with Andy just outside of the store and decided to try again for Laugh Floor. It was posted 20 minute wait.
IMG_2048

I tried to find another LL but things in Hollywood Studios were still too early and we were heading out for lunch soon. So, I had to wait which felt painful!!

IMG_2048

Got in line at 11:30 and in show at 11:42, so not too bad.
IMG_2048

We always find the show funny. Is it a must do for us usually not but we always enjoy it when we do it. While in line, just kept refreshing and refreshing. Somehow managed to get a Slinky Dog for 7:15 - 8:15! So, I grabbed that.

After laugh floor, headed out of the park for lunch!

On the way out we saw the lady from the first day who gave Gwen the mint julip. Gwen gave her a coin. She was very grateful.
IMG_2048
We didn't give out too many of the coins but the ones we gave out, seemed to really mean something to the CM. It was nice!

After our hugging session, we headed out to the monorail and took that over to the Contemporary. We thankfully didn’t wait long at all.
IMG_2077

IMG_2077

Gwen had a TOP priority once we got there. She wanted to find the 5 legged Goat on the mural!

IMG_2077
This mural really is fun to look at. And trying to find the goat allowed us to really look at it. Having never stayed at the Contemporary, we never were upstairs, which we ended up picking a floor to see if we could see it on. And it was cool to see the mural up close. and at a different angle.

IMG_2077
We also got to see some of the new incredibles stuff as well.

IMG_2077

This was literally all Gwen talked about during the pandemic. Molly showed it in a video and that is all she wanted to go do when we finally went again.
IMG_2077

It took us awhile to find it. We actually had to ask someone in the store to show us. But she was more than happy to point it out for us.
IMG_2077

Gwen was happy! We poked around the store after as well. And then finally headed to check into lunch!

Up Next Lunch!

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Morgan marched in 2 parades today. And the ceremony at the one in our town was very nice. Now she is hiding in her room trying to cool down! Ha. I told her it was practice for our trip in July. For some reason she didn't find it funny.

I wanted to get in another installment to our day... LUNCH!

Day Nine: Lunch!

Today we had reservations at Steakhouse 71. At the time it was still fairly new and i was excited to try it!

We checked in and were told to have a seat. We really had enough time to use the bathroom and check out all of the photos in the hallway.
https://flic.kr/p/2oeo98J]IMG_2077[/url]
IMG_2077[/url']https://flic.kr/p/2oesYw2]

IMG_2077[/url]

I loved all the photos. Before long we were called to be seated.

We started with some drinks.
https://flic.kr/p/2oeo98o]IMG_2077[/url]
I got the Raspberry Gin Sour
Tanqueray No Ten Gin, Lemon Juice, Raspberry Sage Syrup
This was really good, I love "sours" and this one was perfect.

Andy had Diet Coke, Morgan got a lemonade and Gwen just had water. (boring)

We ordered 2 appetizers to share.

Bacon & Eggs
https://flic.kr/p/2oetd9a]IMG_2077[/url]
Maple-lacquered Pork Belly, Smoked Cheese Grits, Perfect Egg

I had heard soooo much about this, we had to try it... This was much better than the Pork Belly we had at Tiffins. But not sure I would get it again, Maybe I am not a pork belly person? I don't know. Morgan tried it but didn’t like the consistency of the grits.

Steakhouse 71 Onion Rings
Hand-breaded with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce
https://flic.kr/p/2oesYwC]IMG_2077[/url]
They were very good but I think at the time people really were playing them up. They were onion rings.... good ones def not enough of them.

We ordered our main meals and stupidly didn't share. We def ended up with too much food!

Morgan ordered the Prime Rib Sandwich
Shaved Prime Rib, Caramelized Onions, Herb Aïoli, Provolone Cheese, Arugula, Horseradish Cream.
https://flic.kr/p/2oetd9f]IMG_2077[/url] kr
She really liked it but only ate half of her sandwich. Spoiler, I think I liked Morgan's better than mine.

Gwen got the Turkey Club
Oven-roasted Turkey, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Lemon Aïoli, Lettuce, Tomato served on Brioche.
But she ordered it like this....
IMG_2077
turkey club with no aoli, lettuce or tomato.

The Waiter said, "so basically a turkey and bacon sandwich?" Which Gwen said YUP!
IMG_2077
She was so proud of herself...

Hers was good, as it was a dry turkey and bacon sandwich. But she liked it....
IMG_2077
She did say it was like 4 sandwiches in one.

Andy got the Stack Burger
Signature Blend of Beef, American Cheese, Lemon Aïoli, Red Onion, House-made Pickles, on a Brioche Bun.
IMG_2077
People say this is the best burger on property. Andy said he liked this burger better than 3 Bridges burger we had earlier in the trip. I personally liked the 3 Bridges one better. But I always like a fat burger that is medium rare. These were thinner and in turn have to be cooked more.

I got the Gourmet Grilled Cheese
Toasted Brioche, Gruyère, Smoked Gouda, Shredded Pork Belly, Caramelized Onion Jam, Arugula.
IMG_2077
This was just ok. This was another item that people had been talking up but for me the onion jam was a little too sweet for my liking. And there was a lot of pork belly in the sandwich, which I know is weird to complain about but it felt like a pork belly sandwich with cheese, not a grilled cheese, if that makes sense.

We over ordered here, we ended up taking home, half a grilled cheese, 1/3 of Morgan’s sandwich and 3/4s of Gwen’s Turkey club.We def should have at least shared one of the meals. Oh well.

We found Steakhouse 71 just ok. I know so many people love it but for us it was just ok. Not bad by any means, but not sure we will be back for awhile.

It was a nice meal and nice to rest. We decided to head back to the hotel to rest for a bit. So, after paying for the meal, we grabbed an uber back to the Yacht Club.

Up next and evening of Hollywood Studios fun?

Last edited:
My Mom and Dad ate at Steakhouse 71 on our last Christmas trip. I was kind of jealous that we didn't go with them because they LOVED it! I have no idea what they ate, LOL, but it's still on our list for next time to at least check it out.

My Mom and Dad ate at Steakhouse 71 on our last Christmas trip. I was kind of jealous that we didn't go with them because they LOVED it! I have no idea what they ate, LOL, but it's still on our list for next time to at least check it out.
It wasn't terrible but just didn't waw us. Did they go for dinner or lunch? It is a different menu, so maybe that is hte difference.

Didn't realize that I hadn't been receiving notifications on this trip report! All caught up!

As a former marching band human please stay hydrated-did they have parents marching alongside with water/watching for any potential fainters?

As a former marching band human please stay hydrated-did they have parents marching alongside with water/watching for any potential fainters?
Band Staff was walking with them. But both parades were NOT long... Maybe a 1/4 mile each. They were kind of sad.... They had water and snacks for the kids between both parades as well. They do a good job wiht the kids. Morgan did look REALLY Hot. But no one passed out, thankfully!

Morgan did faint over the summer at practice. She was sooo embarresed. Poor girl. So, now she is super paranoid about drinking enough water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter