"nicer" restaurants and kids. some questions!

MommyofTwinks

Mouseketeer
my kids are very good but i mean lets face it; i cant always reason with a 1 year old, lol.

my kids will be 21 months at their age of travel; how is some place like la cellier to bring them? i dont want to be 'that guy' but i would like to go to an a la cart meal too. not just buffets, lol!

Feel free to eat at the Disney place your heart desires. Especially Le Cellier, its kinda loud in there to begin with.

Maybe Coral Reef to watch the fish is another non-buffet idea.

The last time we dined at Le Cellier, they had run out of high chairs because there were so many diners with young children there. It's pretty noisy in there.

PERFECT! NOISY IS GOOD! HAHAHA

Can you suggest any other a la carte places that are 'noisier/kid friendly?'

Feel free to eat at the Disney place your heart desires.

Couldn't agree more. We have been to 3/4 of the restaurants in Disney, including signature restaurants, and have never felt out of place or been the only ones with little kids. In fact, several places that we were worried about ended up doing something a little extra special for our little ones! At California Grill they observed our kids trying to use our chopsticks for their food and made them their own and helped them use them =) The kids loved eating there also because of the view of the Castle. We saw a beautiful sunset and the fireworks show from their deck was breathtaking!

We also enjoy Tony's, Sanaa (for the animal view), and Whispering Canyon Cafe is a big hit as well.

Couldn't agree more. We have been to 3/4 of the restaurants in Disney, including signature restaurants, and have never felt out of place or been the only ones with little kids. In fact, several places that we were worried about ended up doing something a little extra special for our little ones! At California Grill they observed our kids trying to use our chopsticks for their food and made them their own and helped them use them =) The kids loved eating there also because of the view of the Castle. We saw a beautiful sunset and the fireworks show from their deck was breathtaking!

We also enjoy Tony's, Sanaa (for the animal view), and Whispering Canyon Cafe is a big hit as well.

I agree, too! We used to avoid signature restaurants based on some of the negative comments I'd read about children on these boards. But then I started to read more and more encouraging comments, and we decided to take advantage of more dining opportunities at Disney. We (and our three boys) have really enjoyed Cali Grill and Brown Derby, for example. That's one of the best things about a Disney vacation - you can enjoy good and interesting food in a nice, relaxed setting WITH your kids (and usually a pretty good kids' menu, too!) It's really perfect - we miss that when we vacation elsewhere and feel restricted to kids' restaurants.

With the exception of Bistro de Paris (upstairs in France at Epcot), I think all of the park ala carte restaurants are noisy/busy/etc. Besides, Le Cellier, there's Coral Reef and Chefs de France at Epcot that would work great. At MK, there's LTT and Tony's. At AK, there's Yak n Yeti. At DHS, I think 50's is the best because there's a lot going on that would keep young diners entertained (lots of busy and bright decor plus TV sets playing old black/white TV shows).

At the resorts, WCC is definitely the busiest/craziest/noisiest.

All Disney restaurants minus Victoria and Albert's (no children under the age of 10) and Bistro de Paris (no children's menu offered) are child friendly. All most other diners would ask is that if they started screaming, yelling, running around other tables, or anything else that obviously negatively effects the meal of others, that as the parent you do what is needed.

Now, for most parents that is no problem and I believe the OP to be this sort of parent (parents who would not deal with the situation would most likely not be the type posting this sort of question), so I see no reason you should not try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter