Nice gestures to other guests - done any ? We did !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree it's nice to do nice things for others. We did on out last trip but no need to tell what we did. Think there are only so many we gave out our paper FP etc stories. It's nice, makes you feel good and those who received feel good. The ones that are special are the on where poster have a wheelchair to gentleman -that stand out as special.

I hope those offering balloons and glow bracelets ask the parents prior to handing things to kids. That is common sense and courtesy since some parents might not want their child to have.

Dies anybody remember thread from last year (I believe) where family took gently used clothes and toys and gave them to those they felt needed them?! That one was pretty bad.

I agree it's nice to spread the pixie dust...but understand why it's silly to keep posting.

We were with a basketball team and were given meal vouchers. By the end of the trip, we had lots of left over vouchers from the team. Too much food. My sons and I stayed one extra day. We had lots of fun handing vouchers to people waiting in line for food.

Agree it's nice to do nice things for others. We did on out last trip but no need to tell what we did. Think there are only so many we gave out our paper FP etc stories. It's nice, makes you feel good and those who received feel good. The ones that are special are the on where poster have a wheelchair to gentleman -that stand out as special.

I hope those offering balloons and glow bracelets ask the parents prior to handing things to kids. That is common sense and courtesy since some parents might not want their child to have.

Dies anybody remember thread from last year (I believe) where family took gently used clothes and toys and gave them to those they felt needed them?! That one was pretty bad.

I agree it's nice to spread the pixie dust...but understand why it's silly to keep posting.

Really?!?! So you do nice things, tell us you do but then chastise those who choose to post about?

Why keep posting because this is what this thread is about. Why come and chastise folks on a thread you clearly disagree. Look at me!!!

We were just on a Disney Cruise in January in the Southern Caribbean and at the beach in St. Lucia our friends found a waterproof pouch that you would wear to protect your things while swimming. They found it half buried in the sand in the surf. They opened it and there was a brand new iPhone, a passport, a few hundred in cash and a cruise ship ID card (non Disney). We all knew how upset that passenger must have been on losing those things.

Once back onboard we brought the stuff to Guest Services and they contacted Norwegian (they had been in port the day before) and said the items were found and could they please let their guest know. It would take a while for the stuff to get back to the person as it had to be shipped to Norwegian headquarters lost and found first and then to the guests home. In the San Juan airport our friend was able to make contact with the owner via phone and explain how he found it and that he turned it all in. The guy was so very happy. Still don't know how much of a hassle it was for that person to get back on the ship and home without his passport.

MJ

Really?!?! So you do nice things, tell us you do but then chastise those who choose to post about?

Why keep posting because this is what this thread is about. Why come and chastise folks on a thread you clearly disagree. Look at me!!!

Seriously
I didn't say anything about what we did. Just we had been nice too! I don't know where you think you saw what we did in this thread!

I just commented that you can only see we gave FPs so many times. Think the nicest one was the wheelchair which I mentioned. Also it's not wrong to mention it might be proper to ask parents before giving a child something.

So just for you the look at me : we had paper FPs we gave to people too! We had a group one and invited a family with a small girl on her first Disney trip who were on the standby line at Splash Mountain (over 1.5 hours) to join our party - then to even say look at me more we let them have our front row seats!

Last edited:
I love this thread! Gives me ideas for our next trip- which I believe is the spirit this thread was intended to create, not bragging.

Our last trip we were in line for my husband's favorite ride, Tower of Terror... it was about a 70 minute line when all of a sudden the people in front of us ushered us ahead of them! It was a large group of teenagers and I mean LARGE... they wanted to wait for their favorite teacher to join them in line, so they let many people get in front of them. I don't think we were in line for more than 20 minutes. I thought it was sweet and something you don't see from kids that age every day.

Seriously
I didn't say anything about what we did. Just we had been nice too! I don't know where you think you saw what we did in this thread!

I just commented that you can only see we gave FPs so many times. Think the nicest one was the wheelchair which I mentioned. Also it's not wrong to mention it might be proper to ask parents before giving a child something.

So just for you the look at me : we had paper FPs we gave to people too! We had a group one and invited a family with a small girl on her first Disney trip who were on the standby line at Splash Mountain (over 1.5 hours) to join our party - then to even say look at me more we let them have our front row seats!

Yeah my point. I did something nice but I don't need to expand on that all you attention seeking people do but not me. We don't seek attention but I gotta let you know I am above posting what I did.

Lol!!! And so you post. Welcome to silly!

Comedy break:

Last year my DH ate lunch at Peco Bills. He consumed enough cheese, meats and beans to destroy a small third world country. An hour after lunch I saw the sweat start to glisten on his brow. I knew we had a short time to make it to the safety of our own room. I briskly whisked him out of there. Unbenonst to children all over Magic Kingdom a psunami was brewing. Removing my DH saved hundreds of innocent children from being subjected to confined indoor lines without proper ventilation and toxic fumes that could result in peeling paint and poisoning people. Simple kindness. :D

Carry on.....

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would something that others do be more inspiring. Kindness is kindness.

It makes perfect sense. Suppose you were the recipient of an unused ADR at a time when you really needed it, or the recipient of fast passes for your family, it would be completely understandable and reasonable to go online and say "hey, look at what some nice family did for us." You are reporting the kindness of others and in turn, maybe inspiring others to do the same.

Going online and saying "look at all the good things we did for others today" is not humble and smacks of self-righteous bragging. Kindness should be for kindness sake, not for accolades.

It makes perfect sense. Suppose you were the recipient of an unused ADR at a time when you really needed it, or the recipient of fast passes for your family, it would be completely understandable and reasonable to go online and say "hey, look at what some nice family did for us." You are reporting the kindness of others and in turn, maybe inspiring others to do the same.

Going online and saying "look at all the good things we did for others today" is not humble and smacks of self-righteous bragging. Kindness should be for kindness sake, not for accolades.

Nope, your post makes no sense either. Giving people ideas of nice things they can do for people is a good thing. No matter who does them, it is inspiring others to also do good. I don't understand why you're trying to spin it into something bad. It's so odd that some people are so hung up by the who and not the what.

Maybe instead of taking the effort to say I did something nice at Disney today the nice thing would be to pray for the families who lost children at the Florida school, those who are fighting for their lives and the staff and students who were there and lived that. That's a nice thing to do.

Maybe instead of attacking people on a really nice thread about ways to do nice things for others, people could do that, too.

As we leave our hotel, we try to find a family with kids to give our balloons to :)

I always do this but my husband thinks it’s crazy!

A few years back we had gotten a bunch of anytime FPs, we had a bunch of extra and swipped some people in to Anna & Elsa meet and greet with the extras.

We left our extra water for a fellow DIS member checking in after we were checking out, we arranged it ahead of time, so not sure this counts.

Maybe instead of taking the effort to say I did something nice at Disney today the nice thing would be to pray for the families who lost children at the Florida school, those who are fighting for their lives and the staff and students who were there and lived that. That's a nice thing to do.
Who says you can’t do both? Instead of showering today, maybe I should pray for the Florida families, instead of making dinner maybe I should pray for the Florida families. I honestly can’t even understand what the mass shooting has to do with this thread?

Nope, your post makes no sense either. Giving people ideas of nice things they can do for people is a good thing. No matter who does them, it is inspiring others to also do good. I don't understand why you're trying to spin it into something bad. It's so odd that some people are so hung up by the who and not the what.
Some people are just odd.

Back in Dec 2015, we had reserved to see The Force Awakens for our family of 4 on opening night (Friday) at the Disney Springs AMC Fork & Dine. My wife and I hit two fronts actually, web and phone, and we actually both got reservations, one right after the other with fantastic center seats. I kinda figured no problem with the double-up, as we'd do a marathon and see it twice (the hype was strong with this one).

Anyway, one showing/meal turned out to be enough, so that Friday evening I found myself in possession of 4 premium seat tickets to the hottest, most completely sold-out show in Disney Springs that night. I gotta admit, I thought for 2 seconds about scalping, but instead we just hung out near the box office. Sure enough, a young family of 4 happened by that was trying to see the show and were turned away, dejected. We then walked over and asked if they wanted to see Star Wars, and if they wanted to see it RIGHT NOW (the show was in 10 mins). Their kids' faces lit up like sunshine, and my kids handed over the tickets and we said enjoy the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter