• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NFL Pro Bowl

DJT

DIS Veteran
I just found out that we will be at WDW the week of the Pro Bowl. We are scheduled to take the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour on Friday the 27th. I just read that pro bowl players, NFL cheerleaders and various community groups will participate in a parade down Main Street that day so I guess that means MK will be extra crowded that day. Has anyone been there during this time? I just wondered if I should try to reschedule the tour and visit MK another day.

I just found out that we will be at WDW the week of the Pro Bowl. We are scheduled to take the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour on Friday the 27th. I just read that pro bowl players, NFL cheerleaders and various community groups will participate in a parade down Main Street that day so I guess that means MK will be extra crowded that day. Has anyone been there during this time? I just wondered if I should try to reschedule the tour and visit MK another day.

I'm sure it'll be a tiny bit more than usual, but even at regular times w/out the pro bowl, it's one of the best times to go probably like 2's & 3's...The entourage that'll come with the NFL'ers would be minimal IMHO.:confused3

Enjoy...

It's the first ProBowl to be held in Orlando so no one has been there during this time.
But, it was incredibly badly received in Hawaii. No one wants to be there, including the players. We are going to go and watch the parade but I don't anticipate it having any impact on the crowds

I don't think it'll bring a ton more people, but being the pro bowl is usually always in hawaii..who knows. I don't think your tour will be affected at all.

I plan on coming up to Orlando strictly because of the Pro Bowl activities and I know I'm not the only one. But i don't see it being crazy

I'll be down there the 22nd thru the 28th and I too just realized it was going to be a "thing". I'm not worried. It's not like the NBA where all the stars are there. Also, with projected low crowds anyways at Disney during that time, I bet it doesn't affect it too much. Good Luck! I'm right there with ya!

i just now learned that Pro Bowl is Jan 29th, I had no idea about this. Our trip is 23-31st (with MK day on 30th). Will this significantly impact our trip? How much will crowd levels increase? Someone mentioned a parade at WDW for it!?! I specifically planned a low crowd trip so I am mad at myself that I missed this!

It's not going to ruin your trip by any means. There is going to be a parade but an exact time hasn't been mentioned. While it will bring in a few more maybe couple hundred into MK, it's not going to bring in anything noticeable...likely.

However I would fully expect ESPN WWoS to be really busy as players will be there as well and you don't have to buy a park ticket to attend. This is what will draw people from nearby to come to Orlando. To visit ESPN and for some to go to the game as well

You shouldn't worry about it at all

I'm going to go against the grain a little here.

The Pro Bowl in Hawaii wasn't well received but was that because Hawaii is so far and not too many NFL fans could afford it I would assume. The game itself is usually notoriously bad so that's a huge chuck of change to travel to Hawaii just to watch it.

However.. now it's in Orlando, a much more convenient destination. A whole lot of NFL fans within a day's drive. I'm thinking some may look at it like a fun long weekend get away. It's now much more attainable to the average NFL fan, financially and geographically. I think the reception to the pro bowl will now be much more enthusiastic.

I'm not suggesting WDW will be packed but, I think it will affect crowds somewhat. Will it be a dramatic increase.. probably not but, one would have to expect it will make things busier than a usual end of January WDW trip.

I think the weekend will be more crowded than historical crowds, but we arrive that Thursday and I'm not worried about it. It's not like it's going to be Christmas crowds. We go in October and it's usually packed, so I can handle a long weekend with some extra people that will be gone Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I'm going to go against the grain a little here.

The Pro Bowl in Hawaii wasn't well received but was that because Hawaii is so far and not too many NFL fans could afford it I would assume. The game itself is usually notoriously bad so that's a huge chuck of change to travel to Hawaii just to watch it.

However.. now it's in Orlando, a much more convenient destination. A whole lot of NFL fans within a day's drive. I'm thinking some may look at it like a fun long weekend get away. It's now much more attainable to the average NFL fan, financially and geographically. I think the reception to the pro bowl will now be much more enthusiastic.

I'm not suggesting WDW will be packed but, I think it will affect crowds somewhat. Will it be a dramatic increase.. probably not but, one would have to expect it will make things busier than a usual end of January WDW trip.
These big NFL fans know how bad the game is too. So they have no desire at all to see the game, in Orlando or anywhere.
You won't find a bigger NFL fan than my DH. We are not going to the game, no interest in it at all.
We'll be in Orlando but it's coincidence more than anything. We wanted a trip between Thanksgiving and The Dark Side weekend and this was the one we could fit in

These big NFL fans know how bad the game is too. So they have no desire at all to see the game, in Orlando or anywhere.
You won't find a bigger NFL fan than my DH. We are not going to the game, no interest in it at all.
We'll be in Orlando but it's coincidence more than anything. We wanted a trip between Thanksgiving and The Dark Side weekend and this was the one we could fit in

There seems to be a lot planned around WDW for the Pro Bowl.

I still think there could be bigger crowds than some are anticipating.

My husband and I are huge NFL fans.. we have been for 25 years now. If we lived within a days drive from Orlando we would be going. In fact if it's at WDW next year we are discussing coming for it and switching our usual fall trip.

Yeah the game isn't very entertaining but, just to be there with everything going on would be fun. See some NFL players walking around.. enjoy the festivities... I actually think many NFL fans would enjoy this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter