Next resort most in need of refurbishment

Now BRV is finally getting refurbed, which resort is now most in need of refurbishment?!

• AKV

• BLT

• BWV

• SSR (Treehouses)

• VGC

• HHI

Results are only viewable after voting.

77NWD

Earning My Ears
Now it seems BRV is finally getting refurbed, which resort is now most in need of refurbishment?

Those BW sleeper sofas are putting the de in deluxe. BW is looking pretty ragged.

I'd love to see heavier theming, like red and white striped shower tiles or something.

I would say HHI. I stayed there two weeks ago and the room was in rough condition. Very old/worn out furniture (minus the couches - they looked new), the door to the balcony and the kitchen cabinets wouldn't close all the way without force, the shower drain was clogged and had to get maintenance to fix it and the kitchen utilities like pots and pans were pretty old looking as well. Probably the worst looking DVC room I've stayed at recently. I was at AKL (Kidani) in May and though the table and chairs looked old, it wasn't nearly as bad as HHI.

I would say HHI. I stayed there two weeks ago and the room was in rough condition. Very old/worn out furniture (minus the couches - they looked new), the door to the balcony and the kitchen cabinets wouldn't close all the way without force, the shower drain was clogged and had to get maintenance to fix it and the kitchen utilities like pots and pans were pretty old looking as well. Probably the worst looking DVC room I've stayed at recently. I was at AKL (Kidani) in May and though the table and chairs looked old, it wasn't nearly as bad as HHI.
I agree. I am not sure when the last soft refurb was. I do not think hhi has ever had a hard refurb?

I am writing in a vote for BCV! That furniture has got to go. It is beat up and the sofas are stained big time.

Based on DVCs current refurbishment schedule, AKV, BLT, BWV and THV are all due for a full refurbishment in 2023.

VGC is due for a full refurbishment in 2024.

A full refurbishment at HHI reported started in late 2021 and will continue into 2024 (reported only doing 2 villas at a time due to bookings).

We stayed at BLT not too long ago, it looked rough. The carpets were horrible. Sad, because we stayed there right after opening. It's amazing how in ten years or so, a building can really go downhill.

Surprised to see AKL on that one. I thought my AKL rooms always look flawless, and that's with pretty elaborate detailing and such, that you'd think would be harder to maintain. Maybe I got lucky on the couches.

Definitely HH resort. They were due a full refurb last year. Both BR and HH were on the list for a full refurb. I have the list if anyone wants to see it.

Attachments

• 92D177E5-6DB3-482C-8651-EB527B7644D2.jpeg
    92D177E5-6DB3-482C-8651-EB527B7644D2.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 88
Definitely Hilton Head. Long overdue.

Definitely HH resort. They were due a full refurb last year. Both BR and HH were on the list for a full refurb. I have the list if anyone wants to see it.

I said HH because I know they were pushed back like us at BR. They may also may have started already there? Not sure.
Reportedly, the refurbishment at HHI began late last year. Per a post in a different thread, a CM at HHI said that only a couple of villas were going to be done at a time so the refurbishment will not be done until sometime in 2024.

I say at HH often. Usually every couple of months. Probably 8 times last year. And my 5th time this year is this Monday coming. Still 3 more visits before the end of the year. Stayed in studios, 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms during these stays. Not seen anything going on anywhere except the new gas grills they put in this year. Did have a studio with a new sofa in May. I’ll ask the CMs next week. They are in desperate need. Heck we had a oven that was so old it had the coil burners from the 80s.

Do they ever change the number of occupants that a resort holds when they refurbished it(studios)? For some reason, in my mind, I thought they referbe'd a location and the studio went from sleeping 4 to 5 a few years back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter