News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pandemic has gotten to drive down, now I don’t think I want to go back to flying.

After we moved to PA 18 years ago, we never even considered driving down to WDW. Last fall however, we just weren't comfortable flying so we made the drive. It was fantastic! We could bring whatever we wanted, had no worries about buying souvenirs we had to get back on the plane, etc. We still mainly used Disney transportation but it was nice to have the option of our own car when we wanted it.

As an added plus it forced us to have to plan a stop along the way and we discovered the magic of HHI's DVC resort. And now we are in the process of adding on points there :flower1:. Coming back we stopped in Charleston, and immediately wondered why it took us so long to discover such a fun city.

Sometimes getting out of our comfort zones can be a good thing!

While we're wishing for things... I still cannot believe Trader Sam's at Disneyland got an opening date before WDW's Trader Sam's did.

They still don't have a set date for the hotel side of the Poly to open. Since the DL Trader Sam's is opening with the Disneyland Hotel, I expect even more now that the WDW one will open with the hotel side of the Poly.

After we moved to PA 18 years ago, we never even considered driving down to WDW. Last fall however, we just weren't comfortable flying so we made the drive. It was fantastic! We could bring whatever we wanted, had no worries about buying souvenirs we had to get back on the plane, etc. We still mainly used Disney transportation but it was nice to have the option of our own car when we wanted it.

As an added plus it forced us to have to plan a stop along the way and we discovered the magic of HHI's DVC resort. And now we are in the process of adding on points there :flower1:. Coming back we stopped in Charleston, and immediately wondered why it took us so long to discover such a fun city.

Sometimes getting out of our comfort zones can be a good thing!

I do like driving down, what usually holds us back is limited vacation time. It eats a whole day on the front and back ends, so we get much more "Disney time" if we fly. We drove for the first time in 10 years in October and really enjoyed it, but we were also using up excess vacation time due to not being able to go anywhere for most of 2020.

I do like driving down, what usually holds us back is limited vacation time
I don't really like the drive down (1,000 miles each way), but I like staying on property and not paying WDW hotel rates. I bring my room with me and stay at the Fort.

And please add me to the dance wish list for HDDR and Trails End.

20210523_082612_copy_2304x1296-jpg.577349

j

I don't really like the drive down (1,000 miles each way), but I like staying on property and not paying WDW hotel rates. I bring my room with me and stay at the Fort.

And please add me to the dance wish list for HDDR and Trails End.

20210523_082612_copy_2304x1296-jpg.577349

j

Beautiful motorhome! We are fellow RVers!! Just prefer a hotel stay while vacationing in Disney, with some camping sprinkled in elsewhere!!! 🙃 I love spending time in our motorhome!! Enjoy!!

They still don't have a set date for the hotel side of the Poly to open. Since the DL Trader Sam's is opening with the Disneyland Hotel, I expect even more now that the WDW one will open with the hotel side of the Poly.
That’s definitely the hope! I just want some announcements even if things are still a ways off.

While we're wishing for things... I still cannot believe Trader Sam's at Disneyland got an opening date before WDW's Trader Sam's did.
I think they’re holding off on WDW Trader Sams until work is completed (or close) at the Poly. Poly hotel side is opening late July and I think it won’t be long after that all the fun stuff returns there, starting in July and fully back by Oct 1st would be my guess.

Beautiful motorhome! We are fellow RVers!! Just prefer a hotel stay while vacationing in Disney, with some camping sprinkled in elsewhere!!! 🙃 I love spending time in our motorhome!! Enjoy!!
Thanks!

You should join us at the Fort. There are a bunch of us over on the Camping at Disney World forum, here on the DIS. The Fort is an amazing diversion from the faster pace of most of the on-site resorts. We have stayed at many of the "hotels" on property, but we keep coming back to the Fort.

And back on topic, we need some news on the return of HEA, HDDR and TE.

j

I was sad they changed out the merchandise at the little store in the same building. I got some really delicious tea there in October that they don't have anymore. ☹

That’s so disappointing!! I hope some day they’ll bring them back again for you! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks!

You should join us at the Fort. There are a bunch of us over on the Camping at Disney World forum, here on the DIS. The Fort is an amazing diversion from the faster pace of most of the on-site resorts. We have stayed at many of the "hotels" on property, but we keep coming back to the Fort.

And back on topic, we need some news on the return of HEA, HDDR and TE.

j

Thanks, I might just take you up on that!! 😁 ...and don’t worry, I’m on it!!! 💃🏻 😉

Hi all! We fly into MCO tonight and are staying there tonight before heading to the World tomorrow.
Traveling with a 12, 10, and 6 year olds so if I can answer any news-y questions related to kids I’m happy to do that!
Are you staying at the Hyatt Regency? I was considering for one of my trips. Curious if you are staying there, what your opinion of it is and have you stayed there before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter